• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

Was sneared at when I suggested it's a tough point worth taking yesterday. It's a fudging tough place to go to.

Yeh its disappointing but we remain on track for 4th and the players are coming back and we are getting back up to speed
Yeah I think that’s fair. It’s far from a disastrous result but it’s disappointing given how the game played out. A draw at Everton is never a terrible result.

I think the point on free kicks is a fair one through. Lots of clubs defend with a high line, not just us, but I don’t get it. For me, you should go deep enough that a ball dropped in between the defence and the keeper can be claimed by the keeper. Don’t leave enough space that your defenders have to defend running backwards or that attackers get a good run on to.

That said, other top teams do what Ange does so what do I know?

Yeah I think that’s fair. It’s far from a disastrous result but it’s disappointing given how the game played out. A draw at Everton is never a terrible result.

I think the point on free kicks is a fair one through. Lots of clubs defend with a high line, not just us, but I don’t get it. For me, you should go deep enough that a ball dropped in between the defence and the keeper can be claimed by the keeper. Don’t leave enough space that your defenders have to defend running backwards or that attackers get a good run on to.

That said, other top teams do what Ange does so what do I know?
Absolutely open to critics mate, way it should be, I was frustrated as hell, still am.

I've just decided a while back to take this how it comes under Ange as I think we really have good things to come, so I'm more short term pains for long term gains

Not going to moan too much as all in all very impressed with Ange and not sure how anyone isn't after what we've put up with for a few years. I'm not the biggest fan of his substitutions at times however. Today they did nothing to improve the situation. Taken off our creativity and pace and all it did was invite pressure.
We all like Ange and he has been a breath of fresh air. But for a guy that wants us to never back down and always play our game no matter what, he keeps parking the bus at the end of games. These are inconsistent signals. Liverpool and City don't park the bus. He said that City is the bench mark and we need to get to that level, but if you want to do that you need to start acting like those teams.

That was always a long shot. 8 behind Liverpool with 16 to go. We have not got a hope of a point at Liverpool no matter how well we play, it just wont (be allowed) to happen, so thats basically 11 behind with 15 left and inferior GD

We would need to claw back 12 points in those other 15 games bearing in mind they include City and Arsenal at home, and trips to Villa, Chelsea and Tyneside.

I know you can never say never but its a massive ask. I think the realistic target, bearing in mind our number of games compared to others, has to be 3rd place above Villa, Arsenal and dont rule out United closing the gap to 5th

With our first team players coming back, I expected us to be able to find the form that we showed earlier in the season and to push on from there.

Had we won today which we ought to have been able to. We had the chances, whilst Everton were reliant on set pieces, we would have been only 6 points behind Liverpool. They would have had a game in hand but Liverpool have Arsenal tomorrow so every chance that they drop points.

I feel we are on the cusp of great things but need to find that step. We now have Sarr back which should help us be stronger defensively.

We need to work on defending set pieces, it’s an obvious weakness and one that teams will be targeting in the weeks ahead. Hopefully we can work on that in training and find answers to the questions that we are asked.

ultimately as it is, we are out of the title race and need to ensure we don’t fall out of top 4.

Absolutely open to critics mate, way it should be, I was frustrated as hell, still am.

I've just decided a while back to take this how it comes under Ange as I think we really have good things to come, so I'm more short term pains for long term gains
Yeah I’m kinda the same. I have criticisms of aspects of how we play but overall, I think Ange, the unity he’s brought and the style of play are fantastic. We’ll have more of these sorts of disappointments but it’s better than it’s been for a long, long time.

8 goals in stoppage time we’ve conceded now
Think you have to be honest and say that this is a risk of how we play. That doesn’t happen under Conte or Mourinho. We see the games out. I guess the counter argument is, do they get us in front as often as Ange?

Or maybe we need Harry back. If he did nothing else, and he did a lot else, Harry was the master of getting in the corner flag and drawing a “foul” in injury time.

Not going to moan too much as all in all very impressed with Ange and not sure how anyone isn't after what we've put up with for a few years. I'm not the biggest fan of his substitutions at times however. Today they did nothing to improve the situation. Taken off our creativity and pace and all it did was invite pressure.
Thought he was a bit sulky in the after match interview .

• Disagree
Reactions: jrh
Yeah I’m kinda the same. I have criticisms of aspects of how we play but overall, I think Ange, the unity he’s brought and the style of play are fantastic. We’ll have more of these sorts of disappointments but it’s better than it’s been for a long, long time.
Ange is a good man manager but naive in the PL which is no surprise as he hadn't managed in it before. Ange admitted our league position is down to the players.

• Disagree
Unless you have a Lo Celso to bring on. Once they equalised there was no way we could snatch a late winner as the creativity had gone.

You could see what out intentions were with the subs, but you could sense we would not hold out, we have not reached that level of defensive steel yet
But Maddison can hold the ball under pressure. He's technically better than the others , only him and Bissoumma are press resistant ( possibly Bentancur but he was already off) he also gets a foot in and has some game intelligence. For the sake of a few minutes why bring on Inferior players ?

Thought he was a bit sulky in the after match interview .
Good, I don't expect him to be happy either the performance or the result.
Not that I think either were bad, but for too long we would have come away from patting ourselves on the back for a draw, ange wants more.

We all like Ange and he has been a breath of fresh air. But for a guy that wants us to never back down and always play our game no matter what, he keeps parking the bus at the end of games. These are inconsistent signals. Liverpool and City don't park the bus. He said that City is the bench mark and we need to get to that level, but if you want to do that you need to start acting like those teams.
Maddison recently back from injury, cramping up last game, looking tired. Werner obviously tiring, seemed to have a knock. Hojbjerg tiring and giving the ball away needlessly with tired legs.

Then look at the bench. What were the options?

I think he used the options available for him. But we failed at keeping the ball towards the end, after a spell before that where we managed to do just that. Too many poor decisions and involvements and Everton were able to (again) mount real pressure on us.

Players let Postecoglu down more than him making the wrong decisions imo. And goes to show that we're still short of suitable options within the squad.

Had he had Lo Celso, Hojbjerg (with Bissouma starting) Werner (with Son starting) on the bench and he made the same subs as today I would have understood criticism of his decisions. But we had what we had.

Good, I don't expect him to be happy either the performance or the result.
Not that I think either were bad, but for too long we would have come away from patting ourselves on the back for a draw, ange wants more.
He's what 58, the demeanour was childlike. Just break the performance down with your head up, show some class.

Was sneared at when I suggested it's a tough point worth taking yesterday. It's a fudging tough place to go to.

Yeh its disappointing but we remain on track for 4th and the players are coming back and we are getting back up to speed

With the protests as well they were always going to be well up for it and have the crowd roaring them on.

I've said this all season , agree with most of his starting eleven but find myself very rarely agreeing with his subs and struggling to understand the reasons or the pros outweighing the cons.

Back