• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

Hojbjerg gave the ball away really sloppily at least once towards the end before getting subbed. He looked tired. You can ask another 6 minutes of him, but if he then keeps looking tired and sloppy and we concede because of that the question becomes why didn't Ange sub him...

The experience of Davies would be good, but Dragusin is much better at defending in the air, much more physical. Again, in hindsight, experience of Davies. But put him on and concede from a set piece the question would be asked why not Dragusin who is a bit of a beast in the air.

Imo the problem was that we were missing key players with others coming back from injuries recently. That "should" be Hojberg coming on from the bench to help us see the game out, as he has repeatedly. But we didn't have that level of player on the bench.

In fairness, he did earlier in the game too :)...that's just him. And who knows? He could've coughed another. But I think shifting your entire starting midfield is a risk at the stage of the game we made the final sub. Again, if Deki was smarter it's a non-issue. And again again ( :) ) even if he tries to run it again and loses it again, just let the guy go! Everton were far less likely to score from open play than a set-piece. It was a brainfart.

Dragusin is going to be a great defender that's for sure, and I hope we can keep him happy or else he will move on for sure, but at that point of the game I would not be looking to do anything which remotely invites arial pressure. Get players on who can hold the ball and draw a foul, use their nous. Or leave one of the 'warriors' on...it's all learning stuff and we will!

In fairness, he did earlier in the game too :)...that's just him. And who knows? He could've coughed another. But I think shifting your entire starting midfield is a risk at the stage of the game we made the final sub. Again, if Deki was smarter it's a non-issue. And again again ( :) ) even if he tries to run it again and loses it again, just let the guy go! Everton were far less likely to score from open play than a set-piece. It was a brainfart.

Dragusin is going to be a great defender that's for sure, and I hope we can keep him happy or else he will move on for sure, but at that point of the game I would not be looking to do anything which remotely invites arial pressure. Get players on who can hold the ball and draw a foul, use their nous. Or leave one of the 'warriors' on...it's all learning stuff and we will!
Bit of a contradicting post, kulu shouldn't foul, but we should be trying to draw fouls.
In the heat of a game like that with the clock running down, home crowd on top of you and us under pressure I doubt it's easy to remain calm enough to make split second decisions and be right all the time.
He's been brought on to carry the ball forward, it what ange wants and it's what kulu is best at, he lost it and chases back to win the ball back, he concedes a foul. Imagine he hadn't chased back and the turn over had led to a goal.
Not everything can work all the time, it's an imperfect world, screws fall out all the time.

And the result of obstruction, if given, is an indirect free kick. Other indirect free kick offences dangerous play (high boot etc) and offside.
It's a bit off topic, but when was the last time you saw a ref indicate an indirect free kick for anything other than offside?

I haven't seen it for years! It's really bizarre. They give direct for everything now.
On the (off) topic of high boot; when Nathan Ake scored, he kicked the ball with his studs at head height in a crowded area. Anywhere else on the pitch, that's a free kick. Haven't seen anyone raising that issue anout City's goal.

I think Hojbjerg is quite a bit more likely to do those things when tired.

We came really close to seeing the game out with those changes. I think the likelihood of us winning is fairly similar with what you're suggesting. A relatively small difference in probability and difficult to know what the correct choice is.

The fact that we didn't see the game out isn't an indication that Ange got it wrong.

I think Hojbjerg is quite a bit more likely to do those things when tired.

We came really close to seeing the game out with those changes. I think the likelihood of us winning is fairly similar with what you're suggesting. A relatively small difference in probability and difficult to know what the correct choice is.

The fact that we didn't see the game out isn't an indication that Ange got it wrong.
Of course we came close to seeing the game out with the last batch of subs , they only came on 5-10 minutes from the end !
We failed to see out a relatively short period, that's the bottom line.

And also we had less rest than them with stupid kick off time too
I honestly don't think our schedule is any worse than the others. We've even played fewer games. Schedule really shouldn't be used as an excuse. We just didn't quite do our jobs properly and our style makes us more liable to concede than the teams above us (Villa excluded).

I honestly don't think our schedule is any worse than the others. We've even played fewer games. Schedule really shouldn't be used as an excuse. We just didn't quite do our jobs properly and our style makes us more liable to concede than the teams above us (Villa excluded).
Makes a huge difference the extra day off when playing a Saturday am

Back