• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Date : 03/02/2024
Venue : Goodison Park (for the last time)
K.O : 12.30pm

A very tricky game on paper
However football is played on grass and not paper and I have us winning this well

Vicario
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Sarr Bentacur Maddison
Kulu Richy Werner

Spurs 3-1

1706874193906.png

Hope Maddison is ready to start another game. Showed some of his class against Brentford and will probably only get better for the next games. Will be good to have Sarr back even if it's just on the bench, though wouldn't be shocked if he starts.

Hope we see longer periods of us looking good and cohesive playing our game.

With just Son and Bissouma missing now, we might actually be able to name 10 of our strongest 11 (for me Bentancur, Sarr and Maddison is probably our strongest midfield) for this.

With just Son and Bissouma missing now, we might actually be able to name 10 of our strongest 11 (for me Bentancur, Sarr and Maddison is probably our strongest midfield) for this.
I'm torn on the Sarr v Bissouma question. Bissouma's performances since around October would mean Sarr should be first choice on merit. However...

I saw someone make the argument this week that Biss' performance suffers when he didn't have VdV and Romero behind him and Maddison in front of him because he needs those types of players around him to be at his best. And at his best, like he was at the start of the season, he's a definite starter because he's the most press resistant midfielder we have. The other night, for example, it would have helped us hugely if we had a peak Bissouma playing.

Anyway, on tomorrow, a game we really could do with winning - would take 3 points however we get them. For me, I'd probably go with the other night's team with Sarr for Skipp and maybe Johnson for Deki.

Vicario
Porro, Dragusin, Van De Ven, Udogie
Sarr, Bentancur, Maddison
Kulusevski, Richarlison, Werner

Forster, Romero, Davies, Royal, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Gil, Johnson, Scarlett

I'm torn on the Sarr v Bissouma question. Bissouma's performances since around October would mean Sarr should be first choice on merit. However...

I saw someone make the argument this week that Biss' performance suffers when he didn't have VdV and Romero behind him and Maddison in front of him because he needs those types of players around him to be at his best. And at his best, like he was at the start of the season, he's a definite starter because he's the most press resistant midfielder we have. The other night, for example, it would have helped us hugely if we had a peak Bissouma playing.

Anyway, on tomorrow, a game we really could do with winning - would take 3 points however we get them. For me, I'd probably go with the other night's team with Sarr for Skipp and maybe Johnson for Deki.
Good problem to have...

Some question marks over players being ready to start again. Fairly short time between the games and the Brentford game was tough throughout. But on the plus side we actually have some options again.

Having seen Johnson's impact from the bench, I'd not be upset if he doesn't start.
His introduction can bring about such a tactical switch that it'll really make the opposition scrabble to realign themselves mid-game.
May even be better for him too coming off the bench against tiring legs when some space starts to open up.

He seems good at getting into scoring positions, Kulusevski perhaps less aggressive with getting into the box for the kind of situation Johnson scored from against Brentford? Johnson can make an impact even when there isn't much space for him to exploit out wide. But I do think overall Kulusevski makes more of an impact wide against a team like Everton.

Then again we may see Kulusevski centrally again if Maddison isn't ready to start again so quickly, or if Sarr isn't ready to start.

Will also be interesting to see if Hojbjerg gets another start. Did well against Brentford. Now decided that he will stay for the season. Probably won't, but I don't think it's impossible.

? a point against Everton, the side that has one win since mid December?

This is a test game, if we are anything like a top 4 side (or aspire to be), we have to win

Of which they battered us in fairness, another game was City and they have two draws one of which is against a very good Villa side. There is no easy place to go in the PL and Everton tomorrow morning will be as tough as they come IMO

I have a feeling that Dyce will get his players pileing into us from the first whistle, if we keep contol and get through the opening spell our class should see us through. We have better players but Dyce teams always have a lot of aggresion and if we can stand up to it will win.

That big eared twerp from Burnley is a VERY good centre back if we try to cross high into the box. Always mops everything up. Need first time passes and high tempo and sprints to disrupt that "well set" back line. Dyche always drills his back line very well, so they need to be pulled apart.

Back