• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

Not necessarily. Winning the EL vs exiting the group stages of the CL?
We will not exit the group stages of the CL. 24 of the 36 teams will make it to the knock out rounds and I doubt we will finish 25th or lower. And once in the knock out rounds anything can happen.

One thing to remember: everyone in the civilized would knows what's at stake tonight - most of all Arsenal. We are not in a position to realistically reach CL, so we do this for the glory. If we win tonight and Arsenal win the league, it will be courtesy of the mighty Spurs. They will have no bragging rights, it's like being given an expensive watch from your older and much more handsome step-brother, and then gloat about having a nicer watch than him. It would make you look like an idiot, and rightly so. They should be forever grateful.

It's what the 'Muricans call a title with an asterisk. They would have won the league thanks to Spurs. We know it, and they know it. We will do battle to save the lives of our worst enemy, not because we want to but because it's the right and decent thing to do. We will not let us be dragged down to their level of crookedness, as their team would undoubtely and gladly have bent over if the situation was the opposite. Their title will go into eternity as the title we chose to give them as a gift, because we are the better human beings. We are the chivalrous Spurs who are there to fight for the weak and helpless in distress. They simply can not be condescending about it, if their fans have an ounce of diginity and self respect they will buy a pint to whatever Spurs fan they meet.

All of this will of course go out the window if we lose today, in which case we will laugh and point at them when they let the title slip at the finishing line. Again.

Last edited:
This narrative that we are not ready for CL is doing my head in. It's assuming we will remain stagnant, whereas the reality is that we are going to be a significantly improved team next year and will more than hold our own in the CL.

And on the flip side, is Villa ready for CL?? How much more improved will they be next season? Not much, given they cannot spend anywhere near as much as us to strengthen. I'm even willing to wager that Villa will finish 8th or lower next season and when we look back at the season we will all be saying how Spurs deserved CL and Villa didn't.

I hope Villa get CL. It should effect their league form meaning we’ve a better chance of getting top 4 next season.

I want us to win and be in with a shout of CL on the final day. Villa have a tough match against Palace.

I guess I’m lucky in that I’m not surrounded by gooners - and I definitely don’t want them to win anything - but I don’t really care if they do. Doesn’t mean much to me, I don’t care about them other than trying to beat the twice a year. I care about us and our progress.

I’d be surprised if we do win, our freaky run against them must be set to end sometime soon.

But, I do get those with the other point of view… it’s just not one I share.

So, unless we draw, at least some of us will be happy either way tonight.

One thing to remember: everyone in the civilized would knows what's at stake tonight - most of all Arsenal. We are not in a position to realistically reach CL, so we do this for the glory. If we win tonight and Arsenal win the league, it will be courtesy of the mighty Spurs. They will have no bragging rights, it's like being given an expensive watch from your older and much more handsome step-brother, and then gloat about having a nicer watch than him. It would make you look like an idiot, and rightly so. They should be forever grateful.

It's what the 'Muricans call a title with an asterisk. They would have won the league thanks to Spurs. We know it, and they know it. We will do battle to save the lives of our worst enemy, not because we want to but because it's the right and decent thing to do. We will not let us be dragged down to their level of crookedness, as their team would undoubtely and gladly have bent over if the situation was the opposite. Their title will go into eternity as the title we chose to give them as a gift, because we are the better human beings. We are the chivalrous Spurs who are there to fight for the weak and helpless in distress. They simply can not be condescending about it, if their fans have an ounce of diginity and self respect they will buy a pint to whatever Spurs fan they meet.

All of this will of course go out the window if we lose today, in which case we will laugh and point at them when they let the title slip at the finishing line. Again.

If a Spurs win helps them win the title it will make it all the more sweeter for them, how do people not realise this?

They'll have essentially 'won the league at WHL' for a third time

I’ve mulled this over and sadly can’t help but feel the same. Us losing and hopefully they don’t win the league is the better outcome.

We’re not completely ready for the CL anyway and back in Europa is still a good season.

We didn’t lose CL on todays result anyway — the countless brick performances did that.

Let’s just lose gracefully, win our last game and move on.

We've seen massive issues when Ange has had week blocks of training, the CL means we have less time on the training ground, at least with the group stage of the EL you will have a few games you can play the kids whilst working on bits with the first team

Didn't do Arsenal any harm did it?

We will not exit the group stages of the CL. 24 of the 36 teams will make it to the knock out rounds and I doubt we will finish 25th or lower. And once in the knock out rounds anything can happen.
We've been out played by some pretty average teams this year, granted we will have another pre-season and some new players, I wouldn't rule it out.

Didn't we fail with a pretty easy group when we first got CL under mopo?

I would agree if i didn't know a scalper who was doing it and someone how has previously sold to Koreans then used his account to start race baiting against them. Some proper cnuts in our support

I don’t doubt scalpers would sell to anyone… scumbags already.

If a Spurs win helps them win the title it will make it all the more sweeter for them, how do people not realise this?

They'll have essentially 'won the league at WHL' for a third time
Well, what happens happens and there's not a lot we can do either way. The only thing we can do something about is the way we choose to look at it.

And it was a tiny bit of a joke.

We've been out played by some pretty average teams this year, granted we will have another pre-season and some new players, I wouldn't rule it out.

Didn't we fail with a pretty easy group when we first got CL under mopo?

It's an adventure and exciting though, you also hope after another summer of evolving that we would be better otherwise why bother at all?

We have taken shelacking in the CL and EL in equal measure in the last 15 years of achieving either.

For me it's better to look up and test yourself than look down with arrogance that you think you have better chance of winning it, which I don't agree we do TBH given its KO football

This narrative that we are not ready for CL is doing my head in. It's assuming we will remain stagnant, whereas the reality is that we are going to be a significantly improved team next year and will more than hold our own in the CL.

And on the flip side, is Villa ready for CL?? How much more improved will they be next season? Not much, given they cannot spend anywhere near as much as us to strengthen. I'm even willing to wager that Villa will finish 8th or lower next season and when we look back at the season we will all be saying how Spurs deserved CL and Villa didn't.

Where are we going to improve significantly? We have a lot of deadwood to shift and these days getting in suitable, quality, players is a bit of a lottery (one which we haven't always been good at.) I really want next season to be 10x better than this, and yes we have been unlucky sometimes.

Honestly, Villa I think will do fine if they get there.
I don't think they will set the world alight, they'll have some good results/performances if they get an agreeable group draw, but they would do okay.

Currently, imo, they are more cohesive than we are and they have a manager who will adjust his tactics if something isn't going to plan or they want to hold out for a result. Don't get me wrong, I like Ange's style - but I do wish he would adapt a bit more sometimes.

Where are we going to improve significantly? We have a lot of deadwood to shift and these days getting in suitable, quality, players is a bit of a lottery (one which we haven't always been good at.) I really want next season to be 10x better than this, and yes we have been unlucky sometimes.

Honestly, Villa I think will do fine if they get there.
I don't think they will set the world alight, they'll have some good results/performances if they get an agreeable group draw, but they would do okay.

Currently, imo, they are more cohesive than we are and they have a manager who will adjust his tactics if something isn't going to plan or they want to hold out for a result. Don't get me wrong, I like Ange's style - but I do wish he would adapt a bit more sometimes.
Villa will do a Saudi Sportswashing Machine

It's an adventure and exciting though, you also hope after another summer of evolving that we would be better otherwise why bother at all?

We have taken shelacking in the CL and EL in equal measure in the last 15 years of achieving either.

For me it's better to look up and test yourself than look down with arrogance that you think you have better chance of winning it, which I don't agree we do TBH given its KO football
I don't think we would win the EL

There are easier games to work around in the earlier stages

Back