• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

With fans like this, we don't deserve to win anything.
Might as well pack it all in.

The difference is I’m not having a go at you for your opinion nor am I telling others off or telling them how to feel. I understand people want us to win because it’s what’s best for spurs, I just don’t see in the bigger picture how a win benefits us beyond the obvious points total.

But 5th would be guaranteed.

As long as we put in a better performance, I won't be disappointed with what ever result happens to night.

I just don't want to see us roll over, or play like we have in a most of our recent games.

We can guarantee 5th on Sunday. Against the worst team in the league, if we can’t manage that then we’re not ready for the EL let alone CL.

Question for those posters who can't understand some of our fans wanting us to lose.

Would you prefer a draw over a defeat?

I'm ok with us losing, I'm not OK with actively celebrating it, seems real odd especially going to a game to cheer it on.

We lose tonight because they are much better than us and I'm at peace with it, it's not some kind of high horse view not wanting your team to lose on purpose as suggested earlier, just doesn't sit well for me

It's one thing if you don't mind your team losing if there is nothing to play for. But to want them to lose when you're playing for a CL berth is mind boggling. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Kn0bheads in our fanbase going all half and half scarf on it......soon be crying next year when we lose the first game of the season.......oddballs

I'm ok with us losing, I'm not OK with actively celebrating it, seems real odd especially going to a game to cheer it on.

We lose tonight because they are much better than us and I'm at peace with it, it's not some kind of high horse view not wanting your team to lose on purpose as suggested earlier, just doesn't sit well for me
Yeah I think that’s fair but each to their own. I know when I get to the ground I’ll be fully behind the team but I’d be lying if I said I don’t have conflicting emotions about it right now. Literally every result involves some sort of pain for us.

Yeah I think that’s fair but each to their own. I know when I get to the ground I’ll be fully behind the team but I’d be lying if I said I don’t have conflicting emotions about it right now. Literally every result involves some sort of pain for us.

I an exactly the same as you, but we lose I'm not conga lining it because it hurts Arsenal. I think that idea is all pretty much small time IMO (you haven't said that I know)

Last edited:
In these scenarios we can all support the team who we want, with no judgement of others (imo)
It’s a no win, no lose situation
I’m going tonight and I’ll cheer the team on. I don’t want us to win but I’ll support the team.
I expect city to smash us because they are better than us
I also expect the players to put 100% in

In these scenarios we can all support the team who we want, with no judgement of others (imo)
It’s a no win, no lose situation
I’m going tonight and I’ll cheer the team on. I don’t want us to win but I’ll support the team.
I expect city to smash us because they are better than us
I also expect the players to put 100% in
This is we play well but lose because they are far superior to us I'm happy
If we turn up and don't try I won't be happy

But why though? If we happen to win then we're basically gifting one of our most hated rivals the league title?
I doubt very much the rivalry is lost on you, so surely you must understand the viewpoint?

I think the majority want to see us go out and give a good game of football, but the same majority would not be too fussed if we happened to lose the game.

As for the CL carrot, I don't think this team is quite ready for it yet and an excursion throughout Europe in the EL would be a better fit for both players and manager. Yes, CL might make us more attractive to players - but CL glory seekers aren't who Ange is looking for.

P.S. Sorry for calling you Shirley
This narrative that we are not ready for CL is doing my head in. It's assuming we will remain stagnant, whereas the reality is that we are going to be a significantly improved team next year and will more than hold our own in the CL.

And on the flip side, is Villa ready for CL?? How much more improved will they be next season? Not much, given they cannot spend anywhere near as much as us to strengthen. I'm even willing to wager that Villa will finish 8th or lower next season and when we look back at the season we will all be saying how Spurs deserved CL and Villa didn't.

I guess the interesting question is whether us getting CL and goons the title would be a big enough 'win' for us? goons have played a whole list of teams this year. Separate destiny. Being in the CL probably isn't as much of a bonus to us as fuking up their title hopes. We'd also ahve a punt at winning the EL.

There is no doubt I support two sides. Tottenham and whoever the goons are playing. As a Spurs supporter, you effectively get two teams with your allegience. :cool:
We should NEVER wish to alter our trajectory based on what that may mean to other teams, even if it's our most hated rivals. That is so shortsighted. Arsenal not winning the title will not make us a better team. Playing against the best opposition and in the best competitions will.

Question for those posters who can't understand some of our fans wanting us to lose.

Would you prefer a draw over a defeat?
I would prefer a win. If we are tied, we should go for the win. If we are behind, we should try to go for the win. If the game ends up a draw, but we did our best to win, then so be it.

We should NEVER wish to alter our trajectory based on what that may mean to other teams, even if it's our most hated rivals. That is so shortsighted. Arsenal not winning the title will not make us a better team. Playing against the best opposition and in the best competitions will.

Depends what you measure us against. A bit like neighbours and cars for example. People don’t compare their car to the sultan of Brunis car but Mr Smiths one next door.

Last edited:
Back