• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea Rent Boys F.A Cup SF ***

We bottled it to an extent again today. This team doesn't leak goals but we conceded 4 today. Call Chelsea lucky but:

1. Bad selection by Poch with Son over Davies
2. Silly tackle by Toby.
3. Hugo stepping to his right.
4. Son's challenge.
5. No one picking up Hazard

At this level it's fine margins and for 2 seasons we've been doing the basics superbly well. Again, on the big occasion, we didn't.

Hopefully the team bounce back. I'm tinkled but have great faith in this manager and team.

Just heartbreaking. Another season of promise with nothing to show for it. Poch picking son left wing back was pathetic on his part.

Id rather we got dominated and lost. We were by far the better team. I said they will score from their first corner. We had 10 and didn't trouble them.

Football is very cruel and it's times like this I think why bother getting worked up. I just csnt help it no matter how old or ugly I get.

Just beside myself right now. Why cant things ever go our way!

We concede about 0.5 goals per game

So Conte turns it into a counter-attacking game

Genius from the little Italian freak

Naive from Spurs

Sigh.

This is ultimately the story of three things - a gamble that backfired horribly, an attempt to fix it that went even worse, and, ultimately, a lack of quality compared to our rivals.

Son at LWB was a gamble that failed. Miserably. No two ways about it, it was a tactical failure. @BrainOfLevy, your assertion is that it helped 'pin' Moses back in some nebulous way. Funny, considering Moses got forward and won a penalty with contemptuous ease against the backpedalling Son, but whatever. However, given how many times Son straight up lost the ball, was stranded high in midfield as Moses went past him with ease to offer support down the left and looked lost in general, I don't see how you can make that assertion even ignoring the penalty.

The attempt to fix it was worse. Walker came on, and Trippier went to LB. A right-footed RB who hasn't played there once this season. All while Davies was watching from the bench, while Verts could have shuffled over if Davies wasn't preferred for whatever reason...that was an even more baffling decision. Credit to Poch for trying to fix the tactical gamble, but he went about it in an even more inexplicable way. And it showed - both second-half Chelsea goals came from that side, with the corner conceded down that end and then the ball pinging around on the left as our defenders bounced off helplessly, before being rolled to Matic by an effervescent Hazard.

But, ultimately, we were facing the barrel when we went in at half-time 2-1 down, because Chelsea could bring on Hazard, Costa and Fabregas after we leveled it, while we could only call on Georges-Kevin N'Koudou, a cheap punt from Marseille, to try and change things up when we were struggling. They simply had more quality on the field and off it than we did - understandable given the difference in transfer spending and wages, but that made it all the more key that we didn't give silly goals away or get caught out horrendously with tactical gambles that ended up not working out. We didn't, the extra quality told, we lost.

The players fought today. Heads went down after the 4th, but they really gave it everything - If I were being harsh I'd say that Hugo was awful in general, failing to command his box or get to any of the goals (being caught out with a free-kick, a penalty and two other shots from outside the box - even if they were all brilliantly hit, the distance to target meant that he could have at least gotten a glove on one of them, but he missed them all completely). But they tried their hardest, even Hugo. They deserve credit for that. However, ultimately, we left ourselves with too much of a mountain to climb and it showed when Hazard, Costa and Fabregas came on and overpowered us - we should have been preparing for that with the lead, but it was too much to manage after the tactical gamble backfired.

Sigh. Another trophyless season. The last at the Lane, and we couldn't manage it. Two League Cups in 25 years - she deserved better than that.

The Lane deserved better.

We scored two magnificent goals though. Such a shame about the penalty - think that was the biggest blow (apart from that super goal from Matic, which will be the best of his career). Had we gone to ht with 1-1, then possibly gone 2-1 up...if only. Aunts, uncles, balls and all that.

Let's just hope we're not left too devastated after this and Ugo, and that we can end the PL season on a high. We won't catch Chelski, not with their quality, luck and four point advantage, but there's still a second place to secure - which will be our best league finish in almost 60 years.

The son gamble was costly
He did well at their ground butbtoday it felt lien he always had one eye on his defensive role

And giving away two soft goals like that never works at this levek

Just heartbreaking. Another season of promise with nothing to show for it. Poch picking son left wing back was pathetic on his part.

Id rather we got dominated and lost. We were by far the better team. I said they will score from their first corner. We had 10 and didn't trouble them.

Football is very cruel and it's times like this I think why bother getting worked up. I just csnt help it no matter how old or ugly I get.

Just beside myself right now. Why cant things ever go our way!

Dont agree there is nothing to show for this season. The team may not have won today but that is no reason to descend to outright blackness. We are second in the league and we can still achieve our highest ever finish in the EPL era.

We bottled it to an extent again today. This team doesn't leak goals but we conceded 4 today. Call Chelsea lucky but:

1. Bad selection by Poch with Son over Davies
2. Silly tackle by Toby.
3. Hugo stepping to his right.
4. Son's challenge.
5. No one picking up Hazard

At this level it's fine margins and for 2 seasons we've been doing the basics superbly well. Again, on the big occasion, we didn't.

Hopefully the team bounce back. I'm tinkled but have great faith in this manager and team.

Everything stems from the first, like a cascading event. That LWB decision was one of the strangest I've ever seen Poch make. I suppose it's better than never changing anything, but goodness me, that was frighteningly pointless as a change, and it showed.

Other Son having a brainstorm:mad:

Well pleased with our overall performance and the Alle goal was a thing of beauty!

ALSO I'm now not bothered by the Wembley hoodoo it's now gonad*s!

Well my day got off to a brick start when I realised Danny Murphy was the special comments man and the BBC coverage must have put the stat of our run of semi final defeats and general losses at Wembley up at least half a dozen times. The early tone of the game was set by Lloris looking like he was about to burst into tears at any moment, which was borne out by some of his decision making and then the taco (Atkinson) basically giving Side Show Bob and Kante the green light to foul as often as they liked.

Even when we equalised, I was never confident as subsequent events proved. Poch must not let the media get into his head with all this super coach nonsense. He is nothing of the sort, he was won nothing. He needs to just keep things simple. Starting Son as a wing back was always going to end in tears, because he was lost when Chelsea had the ball in their final third. So yeah we played some good stuff and the score line flattered those cash doped arsewipes, but we have to start winning these sort of games. otherwise it will be "all sound and fury, signifying nothing" I'm afraid. Our better players will drift away and it will an opportunity lost.

We scored two magnificent goals though. Such a shame about the penalty - think that was the biggest blow (apart from that super goal from Matic, which will be the best of his career). Had we gone to ht with 1-1, then possibly gone 2-1 up...if only. Aunts, uncles, balls and all that.

Let's just hope we're not left too devastated after this and Ugo, and that we can end the PL season on a high. We won't catch Chelski, not with their quality, luck and four point advantage, but there's still a second place to secure - which will be our best league finish in almost 60 years.
Unfortunately we negated those by conceding 3 sloppy goals :oops: the likes of which we seemed to have eradicated this season :confused:

Let's hope that defending for 70 minutes solid has taken it out of them and they are not fully recovered for Southampton on Tuesday

We were the better side, but bottled it. sexy as fudge. Sorry, I'll be more positive in a few days. But fudge me. fudge. Of all matches. Bottlers.

Back