• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum ***

We're not under Conte, just up against a superior side tonight. Son was poor again, PEH too, we don't have the quality to carry 1 player never mind 2. They just have more quality in most positions and are well coached. We'll beat most of the teams below us and hopefully get the odd result against the other top 5 or 6, we'll have to see where that leaves us.

Son, peh and Tanganga had a mare, the rest was as i would have expected.
Did hugo have anything other than routine saves to make?
And there wasn't even many of them.the hardest from peh poor clearance.

The one positive was Sanchez. He's quietly becoming decent.
Imho he's always been a decent defender, just needed a run of games. His biggest problem is his lack of ability on the ball and if those around him are also weak in that department, then we are vulnerable to the press. That was exploited by an ordinary Chelsea team today. We made it far too easy for them. Skipp and Hojbjerg compounded the problem. I hate losing to that mob too.

Son, peh and Tanganga had a mare, the rest was as i would have expected.
Did hugo have anything other than routine saves to make?
And there wasn't even many of them.the hardest from peh poor clearance.
I'm torn on Tanganga. Spurs lad, good attributes but seems to always mess up at some point in the game. Not easy when not playing regularly I get that, just a bit worried that he won't develop as well as his debut suggested.

One positive thought.

If Chelsea get the first goal in the return fixture, we can basically shut down all our key players and save them for the Arsenal game.

Assuming that Chelsea goal doesn't come until the 85th minute.

I'm torn on Tanganga. Spurs lad, good attributes but seems to always mess up at some point in the game. Not easy when not playing regularly I get that, just a bit worried that he won't develop as well as his debut suggested.

Think some of the posters on here are spot on. He needs a loan. Has all the tools in my view but makes too many mistakes for us to carry right now. Playing in the lower reaches of this league or the Championship would do wonders for him.

As i thought, peh bad touch and dithering led to first goal.

Yeah we did a lot of that today.

It's not so much a dig at PEH, but when the whole team makes lots of small errors (sloppy passes, caught in possession, poor clearances etc.) then at some point it will catch you out.

We've spent 300m in the last three seasons, it's not just about throwing money at it, it's getting the right players
It's about paying wages that compete with the top teams. It's why we don't bring in the top tier players and the players we do bring in are a risk.

I didn't think we were too bad by our standards. Chelsea's passing was noticeably more reliable than ours. They also seemed to find space to receive passes and invariably had runners to receive the next pass whereas when we got the ball we just couldn't play through their press and usually lost the ball pretty quickly. We just have to accept that we are still work in progress under Conte plus you could see tonight that we need 3-4 players better than the ones we have. Not sure how we'll achieve that when we have the stadium debt to pay off but the beauty of football is its unpredictability so we can dream.

He doesn't really have any outstanding attributes to excel in any position. Backup player at best and the only reason to keep him around is that he's club trained. He should never play important matches though.

Back