• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Canning Town Bingo Club ****

We have Alli, Son, Kane, Bale, Bergwijn, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso in our squad - why aren't we looking to dominate teams and use our attacking force to brush over the lack of talent in defense? We need a balance obviously, but setting up to defend with this team just won't work. Can Jose make the transition? No way.

I'd argue that in our last three games that's exactly what we've done.

I repeat what toxic thing has he done rather than buying into the media narrative? He left Inter on good mutual terms. He is not managing your football club? Is he responsible for managing your football club? Is he the one making stupid decisions on the pitch like it is amateur hour at the Apollo? I will flog Jose after 2 seasons but based on what I can see - I don't think Levy will fire him. Even with another manager this squad has massive issues. We have no top quality in certain parts of the pitch. Players have underperformed under Pochettino and Mourinho.

I'm also in this camp would judge Jose at the end of the season.

We've got to stop making excuses for the players, we're seeing individual things every week that are embarrassing.

I repeat what toxic thing has he done rather than buying into the media narrative? He left Inter on good mutual terms. He is not managing your football club? Is he responsible for managing your football club? Is he the one making stupid decisions on the pitch like it is amateur hour at the Apollo? I will flog Jose after 2 seasons but based on what I can see - I don't think Levy will fire him. Even with another manager this squad has massive issues. We have no top quality in certain parts of the pitch. Players have underperformed under Pochettino and Mourinho.

We were top in early December. We’re now 9th and a million miles away. We were 12 points ahead of Woolwich. They go ahead of us if they win today. Our form has fallen off a cliff. That suggests something very very wrong to me.

His public statements on Dele were toxic for me. The argument with Aurier, while we don’t know the specifics, don’t bode well either. His digs at Bale are also toxic.

Now I know there will be a counter argument but all this smoke, his history and our form absolutely collapsing suggests to me that the man is toxic.

Wow 5 defeats in our last 6 league games. Relegation form. Every week we get our hopes up and it all comes crashing down.

Even liverpool did the double over us.

We are worse than Woolwich. There, i said it.

F me, win the league my foot. City will probably hammer us in the cup. We’ll probably end up drawing a prem side in the next round of europa and get beat over 2 legs.

With such inconsistency i can’t see any light this season.

Good to see all the drama team is out .. tough game to judge

- West Ham first goal was a clear foul and card on Reguilon in build up
- Dier was poor again in both goals
- Ref affected the game with a bunch of soft yellows for us in first half
- I'd assume that's why Lamela came off, due to worry about the card
- Bale changed the game in 2nd half
- Harry/Son on a better day would have won this for us easily, both had chances, Son needs a rest.
- Dele was not effective
- Ndombele is a bit wasted so deep

Funny what people ask for, we had all the possession today, plenty of shots, plenty of touches in opposition box I'm sure and lost to a team who hit us early in each half and sat back very disciplined.

Our form is atrocious, I'm just not sure we are playing that badly (our defence still bad)

Positive of the game = Bale .. play like that every week please

I really don't think this squad is as bad as some posters make out. Certainly not from an attacking point of view. I think supporters of other teams would kill to have our attacking options. The defence needs work but we shouldn't be as low as we are in the league. But I wouldn't advocate getting rid of Jose now. Not while we are still in the cup s.

unfortunately it wasn't a performance or result that would change anyones position one way or the other - on we limp to midweek where our 'leave everything to the attacking players' tactic will bare fruits against weak opposition.

I realise we are emotional but let's look at it from a team management and club management point of view. You can't compare this squad to the one Poch took over. There was more quality in that squad than this.

Poch's first lineup at Spurs - Lloris, Naughton, Dier, Kaboul, Rose, Capoue, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Lamela, Lennon, Adebayor. Subs: Holtby in for Lamela, Townsend in for Lennon, Kane in for Adebayor.

Mourinho's first line up for Spurs (also against Spam) - Gazza, Aurier, Sanchez, Toby, Davies, Dier, Winks, Lucas, Alli, Son, Kane. Subs - Rose for Davies, Sissoko for Alli, Eriksen for Lucas.

Hard to argue Mourinho started with a worse side. Impossible, actually.

GK: Who else can he play? Gazzaniga? that even till today I am trying to understand what the hell that Chelsea performance was about? Did anyone want to buy Gazzaniga? If I am Levy I am saying Lloris is still fine. Hart is available on a free and should be able to push Lloris. He also comes with winning experience. Not many of us realised that Hart would be that ish. To me Lloris is still a top 6 GK. He is manageable.

Many of us did realize it - Hart was crap for a long time, he'd been released by Burnley for Christ's sake. Intangibles like 'he shouts a lot and will be a winner' aside, I don't think anyone was optimistic based on his playing ability.

Mourinho could have bought someone else. Loads of keepers available who would have been able to push Lloris more. It's on him that he doesn't have a replacement to dump Lloris when he's in form as stupidly atrocious as this.

CB: This is where I pity Jose. What else can he do? He has bought in Rodon. Toby is old. Eric Dier, Sanchez have to be used. I am sure privately Jose has warned Levy of the crap that would happen when playing those two. They can't even lick Anthony Gardner's boot.

Positions where he could buy - he has bought quality players aside from Doherty. I still don't understand that buy.

I agree he got dealt a bad hand with CB. But that isn't a bloody excuse - *he* picks the abominable Sanchez and Dier. *He* barely plays Tanganga or Rodon, and considers the former a right back for....some reason.

He can choose not to pick these two mental failures, these cowardly, useless bombscares. He chooses not to. That's on him.

Forwards: we don't really have creative forwards and Lo Celso injury has crippled him. I am sure he was relying on being able to play Ndombele with Celso at the same time.

I am sure he does coach attacking but the kind of forwards you have do make dumb decisions sometimes; Son, Moura, Bergwijn etc. They are not the creative forward types.

We have the most creative forward in the league in Kane, mate. We also have creative players like Bale that Mourinho has barely used. It's unfortunate that Lo Celso turned out like Lamela, a perpetually broken sicknote, but he has to adapt.

Managers with worse records are getting better results with worse teams - David fudging Moyes at West fudging Ham for an example. Mourinho has no excuses.

I really don't think this squad is as bad as some posters make out. Certainly not from an attacking point of view. I think supporters of other teams would kill to have our attacking options. The defence needs work but we shouldn't be as low as we are in the league. But I wouldn't advocate getting rid of Jose now. Not while we are still in the cup s.

The problem with keeping Jose is that if we bin him in May, the new guy comes in in June, he has pre-season, and then we scramble around for the last 2-3 weeks of the window when we know what the new guy wants.

And in the meantime, the sentiment and morale around the team and club generally drifts lower.

Levy is focussed on the commercial proposition and appeal of the club - it hasn't been this low for years. Who the hell would want to sponsor Spurs or have an association with the utter dross which we are today?

The squad is very good bar the centre of defence. I genuinely thought we had a shot at the league this season although I underestimated City who are streets ahead of anyone else in the league.

We should definitely be top 4 though. Mourinho is badly underachieving. You put a couple of decent centre backs in that side with a decent manager and we are at the top end of the table.

The manager is our biggest problem, not the squad.

This is why we need to get rid of him before he ruins next season too.

We need a manager who will install some tactics. We are aimless

This. Let the rest of the season be an exercise in clearing out the waste at this club - the wastes of physios, wastes of scouts (especially that sack of sh*te Steve Hitchen) and the cowardly wastes of space that have the audacity to call themselves players, chief among them Dier and Sanchez.

We'll lose players in the summer, but give the new guy time to bed in and get ready to spend that cash.

Hell, bring him in now and he gets a month to settle in and then the chance to be a hero in the cup final.

If we keep Mourinho, nothing good will come of it. Absolutely nothing. Nada. Nil.

The squad is very good bar the centre of defence. I genuinely thought we had a shot at the league this season although I underestimated City who are streets ahead of anyone else in the league.

We should definitely be top 4 though. Mourinho is badly underachieving. You put a couple of decent centre backs in that side with a decent manager and we are at the top end of the table.

The manager is our biggest problem, not the squad.

agree, those guys today can be organised in to a reasonable outfit!

unfortunately it wasn't a performance or result that would change anyones position one way or the other - on we limp to midweek where our 'leave everything to the attacking players' tactic will bare fruits against weak opposition.

I'm not sure I agree. It will move some people who were on the fence to being against him and wanting him binned. In terms of the man who matters, I always felt that Levy was unlikely to act in Feb and that the Man C and WBA games were irrelevant for deciding Mourinho's future. The two important ones were Everton and West Ham...which have both ended in defeat. Surely Levy and Joe Lewis must be discussing it by now...

Back