• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Aston Villa***

Reasonable team, wrong formation. We should continue with three at the back IMO. If Dier drops deeper, this allows Tripps and Davies more licence to get forward down the flanks and open Villa up.

If you cast your mind back to last season a common theme of Dier in CM was him dropping back to form a back three which allowed the full backs to get forward - same deal here

Team that most of us largely predicted though I owuldnt have gone wiht 3 at the back as the risk is that you have 5 players (back 3 and two CMs) not threatening their box, which would be too defensive for this game

Davies left wing back... will be interesting to see how he gets on, as his natural game is less "winger" than Rose's.

Goal threat from Janssen, Sissoko and Son... only Son can score... hmmmm!

Davies left wing back... will be interesting to see how he gets on, as his natural game is less "winger" than Rose's.

Davies is actually quite good going forward but less aggressive in his attacking play than Rose

I will never understand treating this tournament with contempt like Bournemouth did yesterday. I agree to some extent with @the dza that we should tailor the team to the opposition so against sides like Villa by all means play more squad players but against better team I want to see more of the first team and a real attempt to win it. My first memory of spurs was winning the 81 cup so this tournament will always mean
a lot. I would love a day out at Wembley.

Any adorably cute photos of animals yet ?

After the great win over Chelsea, we should not get complacent. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality against Villa and win this match to progress to the next round.

Rrriiinnnggg!

Repetition.

And hesitation.

re Davies - agreed. Its helpful him playing that role though given that Rose will be suspended at some point and therefore we'll see whether he can play that way

Starting lineup more or less okay, but far too strong a bench.
Villa team looks strong, I've seen most of those lads in the Prem and they will be WELL up for it. Especially Hutton, he will scythe through someone today.

Back