• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v aston villa

not sure what all the complaining was about, that was easy, villa offered no threat at all lloris was a passenger

I am very pleased with the result and am happy to see lennon back as i do not like our midfield without a wide left man or someone prepared to stay out wide as we look to congested.

Not that happy with our style of play find us a tad boring but will always back the team.

Phew. Good win, in the end. We looked far more comfortable playing on the counter, and it was fantastic to finally see Soldado open his 'goals from open play' account in the PL. Goes a little way towards erasing the memories of West Ham. Good selections by AVB as well: using Sandro (vital), Holtby (important in helping us close down quickly and aggressively) and Chiriches (allowed Verts to move to LB and cover a problem position effectively), and the substitutions made sense (Lennon on for Siggy stretched the game and made Villa immensely cautious and concerned about getting caught on the break, and Dembele helped us see out the last few minutes).

Good day, all things considered. Onwards and upwards.

Ha ha Defoe with the "through ball". Another pretty s****py performance from Spurs.

Of course I'm happy (if we see it out) to win... but the performance was not good. Very few signs that we have good partnerships and understandings within the front 4.

Basically we fanny about until Townsend does something penetrative.

I think there a few more positives to take, Townsend aside. I thought Holtby, Paulinho and Soldado combined beautifully for the second - whilst Soldado scoring his first from open play is of course in itself encouraging. Chiriches and Dawson we looked appeared to complement each other nicely. Sandro was very good.

We are still playing in fits and starts (not surprising in my view), but I think you're being a touch too pessimistic in your assessment.

Phew. Good win, in the end. We looked far more comfortable playing on the counter, and it was fantastic to finally see Soldado open his 'goals from open play' account in the PL. Goes a little way towards erasing the memories of West Ham. Good selections by AVB as well: using Sandro (vital), Holtby (important in helping us close down quickly and aggressively) and Chiriches (allowed Verts to move to LB and cover a problem position effectively), and the substitutions made sense (Lennon on for Siggy stretched the game and made Villa immensely cautious and concerned about getting caught on the break, and Dembele helped us see out the last few minutes).

Good day, all things considered. Onwards and upwards.

When I saw the starting line up I knew we would win. Good team selection from AVB.

Back