• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ideally a switch will flip in Mou Mou's head and he will throw about 8 naughty player ringleaders into the "Danny Rose naughty bin" and tell them to train on the other side of the site until June.

And then get a smaller core of remaining players and ask them to go nuts from here on in and do the business and they all push each other along and are all up for it with no wasters pulling them back.

Whether the "big star names" are in Group A or Group B, it just feels like we need some big move to throw out the garbage and take a different course, rather than doing the same crap over again.

Even if we have to watch Devine and White trying to find their feet and getting over run, but at least trying hard and not giving in.

That was pretty much happening in the league anyway. I think without midweek games, we'll just see his favoured 11 until he's sacked.

I think the only way we get a performance out of them is if they have somehow been assured Mourinho is gone in the Summer whatever happens. That might see them remember how much their pay is tethered to European bonuses, and as such maybe a bounce in performance solely from them. But again, my theory is you will only see that if they have assurances from on high that he is out this summer regardless. Otherwise I wouldn't hold your breath...

I think the only way we get a performance out of them is if they have somehow been assured Mourinho is gone in the Summer whatever happens. That might see them remember how much their pay is tethered to European bonuses, and as such maybe a bounce in performance solely from them. But again, my theory is you will only see that if they have assurances from on high that he is out this summer regardless. Otherwise I wouldn't hold your breath...

I agree mourinho should go but you talk as if our players are innocent parties in all this and they most certainly are not.

They are cowards and a disgrace.

Problem is that first line is obviously never going to happen. I'd like European football (not the new COnference League) next season and Mourinho gone, but I think that if we finish 5th Levy will keep him

And then we have a hugely divided squad when the new manager arrives? And 8-10 players bleating in the media? Just a horrible environment and rubbish for our image.

We're in a difficult position with a large number of players unlikely to play again this season, however given we seem more likely than not to have a new manager next season, I'd prefer to see the squad stay together as much as they can and then let the new guy work it out.

I am confused with this post. What exactly are you looking for? You want success like City, Chelsea, United? You can't get it with this squad of players! You may diss Jose but I think he has it spot on here. Pochettino often called the players out on attitude similar to Jose.

You are looking for a kumbaya spirit? I want a team who is hungry to win and shows it on the pitch not on social media. These guys like to talk big but can't back it up.

News flash - Our image hasn't changed since Pochettino's time and perhaps even before Pochettino's time. We are still viewed as soft, bottlers, some call us cursed, referees still make horrendous decisions against us, wilts under pressure, unwilling to make the tough sacrifices ... You want to change it then you make a change. Sticking with the same set of players and expecting better results is insanity IMHO.

Last edited:
I am confused with this post. What exactly are you looking for? You want success? You can't get it with this squad of players! You may diss Jose but I think he has it spot on here. Pochettino often called the players out on attitude similar to Jose.

You are looking for a kumbaya spirit? I want a team who is hungry to win and shows it on the pitch not on social media. These guys like to talk big but can't back it up.

News flash - Our image hasn't changed since Pochettino's time and perhaps even before Pochettino's time. We are still viewed as soft, bottlers, some call us cursed, referees still make horrendous decisions against us, wilts under pressure, unwilling to make the tough sacrifices ... You want to change it then you make a change. Sticking with the same set of players and expecting better results is insanity IMHO.

My post was in response to someone saying that we should send 8 of our squad to train away from the first team and with Danny Rose, effectively ending their seasons and alienating them.

Regardless of their futures, I don't think thats possible for 2 months - 2 weeks perhaps, but not 2 months.

Problems would be that (i) we'd be down to say 14 men for the last 10 games when there could in theory be something to play for (4th or 5th) though it needs say 8 wins from 10, (ii) assuming we have a new guy at some point they'd inherit a hostile atmosphere which might even put some new managers and signings off and (iii) the rows which it would create would be awful for the image of the club.

I'm not saying that those 8 players (names most of us would agree on) will have futures at Spurs, but there's no point making things worse for the sake of it

My post was in response to someone saying that we should send 8 of our squad to train away from the first team and with Danny Rose, effectively ending their seasons and alienating them.

Regardless of their futures, I don't think thats possible for 2 months - 2 weeks perhaps, but not 2 months.

Problems would be that (i) we'd be down to say 14 men for the last 10 games when there could in theory be something to play for (4th or 5th) though it needs say 8 wins from 10, (ii) assuming we have a new guy at some point they'd inherit a hostile atmosphere which might even put some new managers and signings off and (iii) the rows which it would create would be awful for the image of the club.

I'm not saying that those 8 players (names most of us would agree on) will have futures at Spurs, but there's no point making things worse for the sake of it

Fair point.

Problem is that first line is obviously never going to happen. I'd like European football (not the new COnference League) next season and Mourinho gone, but I think that if we finish 5th Levy will keep him

I'm sure that his target for the season will have been CL football. That and a lack of progression on the pitch will do for him. Something changed on Thursday night, it was similar to the Bayern Munich defeat under Poch in that regard, I don't see a way back for Mourinho after that.

I'm sure that his target for the season will have been CL football. That and a lack of progression on the pitch will do for him. Something changed on Thursday night, it was similar to the Bayern Munich defeat under Poch in that regard, I don't see a way back for Mourinho after that.

Here's hoping....

Expect little or nothing from tonight and then a draw might seem like good news.
We have had some great times over the last 5 or 6 years, but this season is just one to forget.
Every now and then the Chairman delivers a refresh, and I suspect he will in the summer, probably with players arriving on the last day of the transfer window (and unable to speak English). As long as we have a manager who can tell them to "run about a bit", we will be fine :)

I'm not saying that they will, but if you appoint a new manager you should let them decide, rather than alienate players to such an extent that they want out regardless

I'd expect that most new managers would make similar decisions about some of our squad players, but let them make decision

Its not that anyone can leave til the window opens in June, so not point making things worse before then

Maybe if we alienate them they might actually leave.

Get the deals lined up for them to go now, we are slow acting in selling players, let’s get a head start.

I'm really not expecting much from tonight, I just don't see the team bouncing back from 2 big defeats on the back of those performances. Factor in rotation and fatigue from extra time the other night along with Villa's good form this season, I just don't see how we leave with 3 points, at best it's a draw.

Maybe if we alienate them they might actually leave.

Get the deals lined up for them to go now, we are slow acting in selling players, let’s get a head start.

Agreed we're slow in selling players, just don't see us doing that when we're in all likelihood about to change manager

The new guy should oversee that, and if we dont have European football next season there's even less reason to have, for example 3 LBs (Davies, Reguilon and Sessegnon), 3 RBs (Aurier, Dohert, Tanganga), 5 wide forwards (Bale, Son, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn)

Would just be nice to move forward with the new era asap, rather than marking time til the summer when Jose leaves

If we are going to have a new manager we should get rid of the problem players first, not give them a chance to worm their way in with another short term effort, give the new manager the best possible chance with a clean slate and a squad of players that can actually be relied on.

The problem with that of course is that it's a list of one, Lamela.

As it's the match thread, keeping it OT, my prediction for tonight, a 6/7 goal Villa win and a couple of red cards for us, players getting themselves out of it as soon as they can.

Agreed we're slow in selling players, just don't see us doing that when we're in all likelihood about to change manager

The new guy should oversee that, and if we dont have European football next season there's even less reason to have, for example 3 LBs (Davies, Reguilon and Sessegnon), 3 RBs (Aurier, Dohert, Tanganga), 5 wide forwards (Bale, Son, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn)

Would just be nice to move forward with the new era asap, rather than marking time til the summer when Jose leaves

We would be better off giving the new manager a squad of players that are not known to be issues or not very good.

If we are going to have a new manager we should get rid of the problem players first, not give them a chance to worm their way in with another short term effort, give the new manager the best possible chance with a clean slate and a squad of players that can actually be relied on.

The problem with that of course is that it's a list of one, Lamela.

As it's the match thread, keeping it OT, my prediction for tonight, a 6/7 goal Villa win and a couple of red cards for us, players getting themselves out of it as soon as they can.

Is the list of one to go or stay? And if its to stay I can get you a couple of thousand players that can do what he does, most of them are dying for a game since non elite sport has been cancelled.

Back