• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sept***

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

What's annoying is we should have been sitting here and purring at what should be a "second" string of

-----------------Freidel---------------
Naughton Chicheres Kaboul Fryers
------------Sandro Capoue----------
---Lennon-----Holtby--------Chadli
----------------Defoe/Ade-----------

Frustrating. Hopefully we can do it in the Europa

Re: *** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa, Capital One Cup 3rd Round, Tues 24th Sep

I think that we have to go for the throat in this game and really try to kill Villa's optimism early. It will be a battle but if we get the first goal then I can see us winning quite comfortably. Gonna go for 0-2.

Friedel - Naughton, Dawson, Vertonghen, Fryers - Sandro, Holtby - Lamela, Sigurdsson, Townsend - Defoe 4-2-3-1

Subs: Gomes, Kaboul, Walker, Paulinho, Lennon, Soldado, Kane

Of course all based on said players who have been injured, being fit.

Friedel in goal? :lol:

So we should forget about winning this competition already?

I know you love Lloris but come on, Friedel being in goal shouldn't be giving a win away. He is competent enough to play against Villa and we as a team should be more than able to get the job done with any of our 3 senior keepers in goal. Best to give him some sort of match practice, never know if he might be called upon for a prolonged period during the season.

You don't think freidel needs a run out?

What is your genius plan if lloris gets injured? Play a keeper who hasn't played at all this season?

--------------friedel
naughton---kaboul---chiriches---fryers
----------sandro---holtby
--lamela------chadli------kane
------------defoe

Total guess on my part that Defoe and Chadli are actually fit.

smil_gomes_628.jpg

Hear you there buddy.

Gomes as the no 9. Time to show his skills.

Yeah, he could demonstrate that silky ball control that he previously showed us...remember Udinese ;)

Why are people putting the likes of Lamela, Townsend, Verthongen and Siggy in their teams? We need all of those guys in prime condition for Saturday, and it's impossible to say any would benefit from playing tomorrow.

The only one you might make a case for is Lamela, but even he played 20 minutes Sunday which is enough to get his body up to full race speed, meaning he's probably as much a risk in AVB's 48 hour injury window as anyone. Hammy, 6-8 weeks. Fukk that, no way. Besides, even if Lamela is recovered enough to play, AVB should let him stew on his buzz all week after his cameo on Sunday - that way, he'll be gagging for it by Saturday. Don't let him waste adrenalin on tomorrow.

All the starting 11 for Saturday should be rested, eager and fully focused for training and video/classroom sessions from first thing Wednesday morning.

Is anyone anywhere going to be able to see this game on TV?

Is anyone anywhere going to be able to see this game on TV?

Yes, it's live on Israel TV.

You bring the beers and I'll supply the hummus.

Brad

Naughton
Kaboul
Vlad
Fryers

Townsend
Sandro
Holtby
Chadli (if fit)

Defoe
Kane

Traditional 442 ;)

Spurs are unbeaten in our last nine matches against Aston Villa (6 wins, 3 draws), so it would be nice to extend that sequence tonight.

Spurs are unbeaten in our last nine matches against Aston Villa (6 wins, 3 draws), so it would be nice to extend that sequence tonight.

But you're not predicting a record win tonight? ;)

Kane isn't really a CF is he.

He looks best more as a #10/SS or cutting in from LF. His lack on any real physical qualities impairs him as a line leader.

Soldado and Defoe arent line leaders either but AVB has faith in them

From Skysports: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11938/8938108/capital-one-cup-andre-villas-boas-says-tottenham-treated-unfairly

AVB:
"It (the Capital One Cup) is not our absolute number-one priority but I don't think we have been given a fair chance to play in this competition this year.

"It could be possible for the players who played against Cardiff to play this game, but I am not sure I want to risk the players who played getting a hamstring injury which could take them six weeks to recover from when the Premier League is more important.

"This team has not experienced having to play again after just two days and we have not been given the same chance as the other teams. So we will have to rotate our squad as the players who played in Cardiff will not be involved.

"We are struggling a little bit with injuries but we have great strength in depth, although it is not going to be easy."

Villas-Boas said the extra 24 hours of recovery time will help Villa and could be decisive.

"It is difficult, the ideal situation for us would have been to play Wednesday," he said. "I understand the situation for the police with a number of matches being played in Birmingham, but we do not have the same chance as other teams.

"Villa will not have to do the same (in terms of squad rotation) as they played on Saturday, so they have had an extra day of recovery."

If the highlighted part of that is true and meant literally by AVB as in "no players that started against Cardiff will start against Villa what kind of team do you guys see us putting out?

As a point of reference, the team that started our last u21 match, quoted from the youth/loans thread:

Spurs U21s away to Aston Villa, KO 19:00

Archer

A McQueen - Ball - Dombaxe - Fryers

McEvoy - Veljkovic - Bentaleb

Coulthirst - Kane - Dawkins

Subs: Vigouroux (GK), Lameiras, Lancaster​

------------Friedel------------
McQueen--Kaboul--Vlad--Fryers
--------Sandro-Holtby---------
McEvoy-----Lamela-------Kane
-----------Defoe--------------

Or Holtby in the hole, Lamela left with Veljkovic of Bentaleb alongside Sandro?

What if Defoe isn't ready? Kane up front and...

would love to see bentaleb involved. i know hes with the squad

I dont care

the players wont care

0.0 loose 1.0 on pens

rubbish

boring

move on to relegation fears

xx

Back