• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Asteras Tripolis, Thurs 6th Nov 2014 ***

Poch had a good comment a week or two about these. Something about 'we are developing all our players, but some will take longer than others to get there'. Basically that's he's not written them off, but there's a way to go for them to be ready for consideration.

Isn't that just what he would say if he had written off the players?

I think we're going to lose this one;

1) we were lucky to get such a big scoreline last time (clinical finishing from Kane!)
2) The group is tight and they are no mugs; all talk of us looking to get a comfortable win seems delusional given our current (mostly) dysfunctional play
3) The OMT is another late late arrival; i'm sure we lost the last game where the OMT started this late..?
Whilst i wouoldn't want us to lose, if we then went on to beat Stoke I could live with it

Nah, we'll win this one then lose on Sunday.

Vorm, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane

Subs: McGee, Rose, Chiriches, Mason, Chadli, Paulinho, Soldado

Good team. Let's see if Townsend can put in a good performance.

Looking forward to seeing more of Fazio, the Dembele-Stambouli axis and let's see how Kane fares in the lone front man role.

I wonder if he's using the cups to test out potential partnerships for the first team?

Good team. Let's see if Townsend can put in a good performance.

Looking forward to seeing more of Fazio, the Dembele-Stambouli axis and let's see how Kane fares in the lone front man role.

He's had a few good cameos of late where he has made the right decision on the ball more than not. Hopefully he continues his 'rehabilitation' in this match. Yes a decent team.

Hoping Soldado on the bench being rested for Sunday. But last time this happened, Ade still played....

Hoping Soldado on the bench being rested for Sunday. But last time this happened, Ade still played....

Looks like it will be a repeat of the Villa lineup, with one spot up for grabs. Eriksen, Kane, Lamela auditioning tonight.

Looks like it will be a repeat of the Villa lineup, with one spot up for grabs. Eriksen, Kane, Lamela auditioning tonight.

If so will be an interesting contest! We really do have some good and differing options, I don't think its all doom and gloom some like to portray....

If so will be an interesting contest! We really do have some good and differing options, I don't think its all doom and gloom some like to portray....

It's fine margins at times, if we had hammered Sunderland as our performance warranted, off the back of the QPR hammering there would have been real belief in the manager and confidence would have been soaring. Instead the soft goals we concede continue to be a theme in our games and that's where the lack of mental strength highlighted by the management comes in. I'm just looking to see it improve.

I remember when AVB was angry after the Everton collapse (we lost 2-1 with 2 injury time goals conceded), he vowed not to concede late goals again, and to his credit they really worked on it in training and it seemed to work. Let's hope for similar results with Poch identifying out weaknesses.

Back to one up top then :eek:

Still don't think this formation suits Kane. Let's see.

Really hope Townsend exceeds expectations - I think there is a real player there if Poch can bring it out.

Looking forward to seeing how the Dembele - Stambouli axis performs.

Will be a tough game.

If you look at this ground on the far side, the first row of seats is about 10 feet in the air.

That is how Spurs could get a wider pitch, take out 4 or 5 rows of seats and start 10 feet in the air.

Then we would suddenly become ACE at football and would win all games with the extra yardage.

Dier turned the wrong way there, just like he did against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

It's just that this lad is not as fast as Ameobi

Good to see he has learned his lesson!!!

Back