• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Asteras Tripolis, Thurs 6th Nov 2014 ***

Early kick off. 6pm. I actually like the time. Hope we stuff them. Kane hatrick. But a part of me hopes Soldado scores a hatrick. Don't know why I want him to succeed so much. Hope this is his night.

Early kick off. 6pm. I actually like the time. Hope we stuff them. Kane hatrick. But a part of me hopes Soldado scores a hatrick. Don't know why I want him to succeed so much. Hope this is his night.

6pm starts are a right pain for me because I am not home from work for another hour. I'll be watching it on ITV4+1 and trying to avoid hearing anything about the game until I have watched it all :(

It was nice to beat Asteras 5-1 at home last time. Wish we can perform at that level again. In that match, Lamela became world famous due to his brilliant "rabona" goal. Want to see him do something similiar in this match. Lamela has scored 3 goals in his last 2 Cup matches. Hope he can continue his goal run. It will be great of we can get another big win. But not sure we can repeat that. Will be happy with a good performance and a simple win.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we put up a good team. Don't want to see any unknown youngsters. Will be happy if Lamela starts. Hope we will put up a good match and get a comfortable win.

Provisional squad: Vorm, McGee, Miles, Dier, Rose, Davies, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Dembele, Capoue, Stambouli, Mason, Paulinho, Lamela, Chadli, Townsend, Eriksen, Kane, Soldado.

Friedel, Naughton, Kaboul, Lennon, Bentaleb, Ade and Kyle Walker have not travelled.

Guess it will be something like

Vorm - Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies - Stambouli, Dembele - Eriksen, Lamela, Townsend - Kane

So McGee and Miles are both GKs

I'd like to see:

Vorm

Dier-Fazio-Chiriches-Davies

Stambouli-Dembele

Townsend-Paulinho-Chadli

Soldado

With Sunday:

Lloris

Naughton-Fazio-Verts-Rose

Capoue-Mason

Lamela-Eriksen-Kane

Soldado

I think we're going to lose this one;

1) we were lucky to get such a big scoreline last time (clinical finishing from Kane!)
2) The group is tight and they are no mugs; all talk of us looking to get a comfortable win seems delusional given our current (mostly) dysfunctional play
3) The OMT is another late late arrival; i'm sure we lost the last game where the OMT started this late..?
Whilst i wouoldn't want us to lose, if we then went on to beat Stoke I could live with it

I think we're going to lose this one;

1) we were lucky to get such a big scoreline last time (clinical finishing from Kane!)
2) The group is tight and they are no mugs; all talk of us looking to get a comfortable win seems delusional given our current (mostly) dysfunctional play
3) The OMT is another late late arrival; i'm sure we lost the last game where the OMT started this late..?
Whilst i wouoldn't want us to lose, if we then went on to beat Stoke I could live with it

I think this is going to be very tough. We all know even though we hammered them, it was never a 5-1 type of game.

I can see us maybe getting a plucky draw. Ideally we need a win though, Besiktas are no mugs and they will be looking at winning this group for sure.

I can see 0-0, 1-1 or a sneaky 0-1.

will be tough and far from a pretty watch. Win would be big though, massive step towards qualification.

I think this is going to be very tough. We all know even though we hammered them, it was never a 5-1 type of game.

I can see us maybe getting a plucky draw. Ideally we need a win though, Besiktas are no mugs and they will be looking at winning this group for sure.

I agree that it will probably be tough. With the risk of sounding arrogant it will be a massive game for them and I expect their fans and players to be super motivated for this.

Our chances will depend partly on the team we put out. We've traveled with a very strong squad, but we might still rotate fairly heavily.

They looked quick on the break and a threat from set pieces. A typical plucky underdog team

It's why I'd go with Chiriches (our quickest CB) and Fazio (our best in the air).

I still think we'll win by a clear 2 goals.

These guys have a tiny stadium so I assume the pitch will be pretty rubbish (lumpy, cutting up, long grass) rather than the lawns we are used to... I think we'll lose this one to be honest, we have looked pretty poor for weeks now and I was impressed with Asteras at the Lane

Any official team news yet ?

Hope we put up a good team. Don't want to see any unknown youngsters. Will be happy if Lamela starts. Hope we will put up a good match and get a comfortable win.

Vorm

Naughton Fazio Verts Rose

Capoue Mason

Lamela Eriksen Kane

Soldado

Anyone else think this line-up might be a strong indication on the future of Chiriches and Paulinho at the club? If they can't even get starts here the way back to a regular PL position seems very long...

Anyone else think this line-up might be a strong indication on the future of Chiriches and Paulinho at the club? If they can't even get starts here the way back to a regular PL position seems very long...

I'd be surprised if both are here after January.

So McGee and Miles are both GKs

I'd like to see:

Vorm

Dier-Fazio-Chiriches-Davies

Stambouli-Dembele

Townsend-Paulinho-Chadli

Soldado

With Sunday:

Lloris

Naughton-Fazio-Verts-Rose

Capoue-Mason

Lamela-Eriksen-Kane

Soldado

Chadli does not deserve to be dropped on Sunday.

---------------------------------Vorm-------------------------------

Dier-----------------Fazio------------Vertonghen---------Davies

-------------------------Stambouli--Dembele---------------------

-----Lamela-----------------Soldado-------------Townsend-----

------------------------------------Kane--------------------------

Poch had a good comment a week or two about these. Something about 'we are developing all our players, but some will take longer than others to get there'. Basically that's he's not written them off, but there's a way to go for them to be ready for consideration.

Back