• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v AFC Bournemouth ***

I think the reason today was to try and get through at least 45 resting some legs and limiting any damage. Unfortunately that did not quite work out.
We seem to do that every game and I do think it's a Conte tactic to conserve energy. I think it was Bedford who mentioned when Conte first arrived that he likes to win games late on. My question would be while it may conserve physical energy does it not lose those benefits psychologically by having to scrape over the line?
Of course the counter to that is the team should be bouncing going into the Marseille game.

One good tackle does not justify the muck he serves up on the pitch week in and out.

That tackle was worth a goal to us.

We regularly accept attacking players serving up muck because they also contribute a goal in our favour.

Kane still looks dead on his feet
He is there as a body but nothing else right now
fudging knows how the World Cup is gonna works for him…
Thought he was fine. He's played just about every min this season, he's not going to go charging around, waste energy and risk a muscle injury.
Issue was with Conte not giving him a rest when he could with Richy there.

That tackle was worth a goal to us.

We regularly accept attacking players serving up muck because they also contribute a goal in our favour.
Maybe so . Still does not justify his constant inclusion in the starting 11 week in and out . Even more so when Sanchez is starting. It’s a horror show. He’s bang average.

I genuinely now wonder if he is better than any of our other options defensively
Doherty has been sound when he has been asked to play defensively

Agreed. It's got a little overplayed how good he is defensively now. Today him and Sanchez failed to deal with the cross for the second in idendikit fashion as against JWP (twice?) last season at home. Royal's solid, he's a chugger. His defensive skills certainly aren't enough to make up for what he does going forwards. He sort of like Erik Pieters but Brazilian. Walker Peters is twice the player.

Thought he was fine. He's played just about every min this season, he's not going to go charging around, waste energy and risk a muscle injury.
Issue was with Conte not giving him a rest when he could with Richy there.
He just looks like he is treading water to me
So tired

We seem to do that every game and I do think it's a Conte tactic to conserve energy. I think it was Bedford who mentioned when Conte first arrived that he likes to win games late on. My question would be while it may conserve physical energy does it not lose those benefits psychologically by having to scrape over the line?
Of course the counter to that is the team should be bouncing going into the Marseille game.

Ideally I think Conte would agree. But until he gets a pool of players, until we get the ones we have all fit, and until we get to the mini-break, we have to accept that this insane schedule requires mitigation moves.

Kane still looks dead on his feet
He is there as a body but nothing else right now
fudging knows how the World Cup is gonna works for him…

Conte's job is a run everyone to complete exhaustion on 12 November, and then let international managers deal with the consequences. This season is two sprints, not the usual marathon.

The players that will do well at the world cup are the bit part players at their clubs and those not in European competitions - the likes of Philips and Toney.

Yes, other than. If both games are drawn we would win the group

And just seen Marseille can only go through if they win.

Basically a final in their ground. Will be extremely difficult.

Could hinge on whether Kulu returns. Someone noticed he was doing some work on the bournemouth pitch before the game so perhaps they saved him for Tuesday.

Here's a positive spin to the season so far (if you look past the fact that we've been far from convincing in many games):

- We're still third. o_O

- The games we haven't won, are Chelski (A), Arse (A), West Ham (A), Manure (A) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (H). That's four of our toughest away matches all season, and a home game against a very good Saudi Sportswashing Machine side. Yes, Manure should be beatable, but it's very rarely easy at Old Trafford. And away London derbies are always tricky. The Saudi Sportswashing Machine loss is the one that bugs me, but it's the only real slip up we've had in the PL all season, IMO.

- We've achieved this with injuries to several key players, most notably our two only back ups to Kane and Son.

- We also need to take into consideration our schedule, with two games a week, and no room for resting players in the CL (our own fault, of course).

- I think we might also underestimate the impact of the death of Gian Piero Ventrone. He was obviously close to both Conte and the players. They're professionals, but they're aldo just human, and his death was a shock, and something they've had to deal with on top of the pressures of top flight football.

That's my glass half full approach. :cool:

The next week will be extremely important, though. Two wins, and we'll be in a very good position - add another three points at home versus Leeds, and we can go into the WC break on a high note - and a very good starting point for the second half of the season.

What are the permutations for Marseille?

Win = end top of group
Lose = we end third
Draw = we end second

Is that right?

The scarred Spurs fan in me says we finish third, go into the Europa, get to the final and get beat by Woolwich to deny us CL football and we’ll get the abuse we gave them in May back with interest.

Would be one of the Spursiest things ever…

Back