• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur LTD vs Southampton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sonny up front this evening or Vini?

I don't particularly rate Vini so on reflection I'd go with Sonny. We have enough options for the 3 behind him too - Moura, Bergwijn, Bale, Dele, Lamela

4 mobile forwards, lots of movement, etc. and press them when we dont have the ball
Vini looks fine to me whenever he plays, not a world beater but technically good enough to fill in for certain games and most importantly he’s a goal scorer. With more attacking tactics he will probably look even better, far too often the ball has been lumped up to him and he has lost the ball because there isn’t the support of players around him and he’s isolated. If the team creates chances, he scores goals simple as that....

If the lads don’t come out all guns blazing and they end up putting on another brick display, we then know it may have not been the manager after all.

Last edited:
Vini looks fine to me whenever he plays, not a world beater but technically good enough to fill in for certain games and most importantly he’s a goal scorer. With more attacking tactics he will probably look even better, far too often the ball has been lumped up to him and he has lost the ball because there isn’t the support of players around him and he’s isolated. If the team creates chances, he scores goals simple as that....
I agree. He's shown enough to make me think that he might actually work in a team that actually creates chances.

I hope to see a 4-3-3 with two attacking midfielders. Something like this:

--------------- Lloris
Aurier -- Toby -- Rodon -- Reguilon
------------- Hojbjerg
---- Ndombele --- Lo Celso
Bale ------- Vinicius ---------- Son

Although I wouldn't complain if Hojbjerg was rested for the weekend, in which case we'd need two DMs in a 4-2-3-1:

--------------- Lloris
Aurier -- Toby -- Rodon -- Reguilon
------ Sissoko ----- Lo Celso
Bale ------ Ndombele ------- Son
-------------- Vinicius

Wouldn't be surprised to see Winks or Dele back in the side, mind. Either way, I'm not expecting miracles, but a bit more attacking football would be nice.

If the lads don’t come out all guns blazing and they end up putting on another brick display, we then no it may have not been the manager after all.

Possession play and attacking movement has been completely neglected on the training field if you believe reports (or what watched us plater this past year or so) so I'd be wary of expecting too much too soon but I'll be disappointed if we don't see a positive reaction on the pitch.

My thoughts as well, he has shown enough in previous games to show he has a habit of putting the ball in the net. I hope he does get a few games before the end of the season so we can all get a good look at him.

This is as excited as I’ve been for a team sheet in a long time. Come on Ryan, get us back playing like Tottenham without the hilariously catastrophic self destruction.

Back