• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur FC v Norwich

Picture Quiz:

How many of these 25 players connected with both Norwich City and Tottenham Hotspur can you name?

A11169_zpsnfk5a4oj.jpg

I got 10. Nice to see you back, Statto

Could it be that the Soton game shows that Poch can and will employ tactics in parts of the season to prevent our team from burning out due to the Bielsa-style "constant press"?
It has always been a worry in the back of my mind that we'll always be susceptible to late season physical collapses due to the training and pressing methods; so for thsoe who watched the Soton game, did it show Poch has/had a plan to prevent late season burnout?

For example, did Poch get agitated in the first 30 mins? Did he seem to be calm during the second half (e.g., due to the team playing to instruction)?

we should have beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine and this on paper is a similar game, its probably a good thing they beat Man U and got their big result for the season, 3-1 to the lilywhites

we should have beaten Saudi Sportswashing Machine and this on paper is a similar game, its probably a good thing they beat Man U and got their big result for the season, 3-1 to the lilywhites

I disagree

It reminds me of playing west brom and poocastle off the back off their best wins... They will be buoyant and confident

Could it be that the Soton game shows that Poch can and will employ tactics in parts of the season to prevent our team from burning out due to the Bielsa-style "constant press"?
It has always been a worry in the back of my mind that we'll always be susceptible to late season physical collapses due to the training and pressing methods; so for thsoe who watched the Soton game, did it show Poch has/had a plan to prevent late season burnout?

For example, did Poch get agitated in the first 30 mins? Did he seem to be calm during the second half (e.g., due to the team playing to instruction)?
I rarely see Poch agitated. He always seems rather calm to me, so maybe that's not a good yardstick?

I rarely see Poch agitated. He always seems rather calm to me, so maybe that's not a good yardstick?

Mate, his expression when we score rarely changes .. but he screams at the team all game long.

Brad was commenting for US coverage recently, and you were hearing shouting from the touchline .. and Brad was "if you can hear that, its Poch giving instructions"

With Palace having a tricky game at Bournemouth, Watford away to Chelsea, United with a tricky trip to Stoke, we could get a strong hold on 4th spot.

Hopefully Liverpoo can do us a favour aswell.

But with our luck we will either draw this game or everyone else will win.

So, this will be our first match since moving into the 4th place last week. It is going to be interesting how the mentality of the players will be in this match. Ofcourse, now we will have the added pressure of having to maintain the top 4 place with 4 or 5 teams chasing us. But we also need to show more ambition by aiming for the 3rd place as well. With ManCity just 3 points ahead us, the 3rd place is now well within our reach if we go on a winning run. We did well to beat Southampton last week after losing our unbeaten record the week before. Now, there is no reason why we cannot beat Norwich at home today even if they did beat ManU last week. But it won't be easy as we have a very poor record against Norwich in recent years, winning 1, drawing 2 and losing 3 of our last 6 matches against them.

Kane did well to score his first league goal in 4 matches against Southampton last week. Hope he will continue his goal scoring run here. Afterall, we only seem to win in the league when Kane scores. Disappointingly, we don't have any other striker to call upon to get us the goals when Kane doesn't. Boom shaka laka someone else who can score for us consistently in the league now. For all his work rate and goals in Europe, Lamela should be scoring more goals in the league. Wish Lamela can show more ambition and clinical touch in front of goal in this match. Both Son and Eriksen seem to be badly out of form now. Son has not looked the same since his injury problems. Eriksen has not scored in 10 matches in all competitions now. Wish both Son and Eriksen can get back their form in this match.

It is nice to see us having a settled midfield now. I think we can now safely say that Dier, Dembele and Alli are almost certain to start in midfield when they are fully fit. Dembele for once has done himself a great favour by having his best games for us this season. But wish we can rest the likes of Dier and Alli during this busy year-end match schedules. Dier started well as the defensive midfielder this season but he has been struggling in recent matches. Similiarly, All too has not looked his best in recent matches apart from his goal against Southampton last week. Disappointingly, we don't have many options in midfield now. I am still not fully convinced of Mason and Bentaleb as they are too error-prone, while Njie has become injury-prone. Unfortunately for us, Chadli seems to be struggling for form since his injury. Hope our tried and tested midfield combinations will turn up and win the match for us.

Our defence did well to keep the clean sheet against Southampton last week. Will be very disappointed if we don't stop Norwich scoring in this match. Despite beating ManU last week, Norwich don't have any top quality strikers. Being at home, there is no reason whatsover why we cannot keep the clean sheet in this match. Lloris has been in fine form in recent matches, making many crucial saves. Hope he will be at his best in this match. Afterall, today is Lloris 29th birthday. Surely, he wants to celebrate his birthday with a clean sheet in this match. Hope Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Walker and Rose will help Lloris have a memorable birthday by helping him keep a clean sheet.

Norwich at home are the type of matches we need to win if we want to stay in the top 4 place. But hope we won't get complacent against them as they beat ManU away last week. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the all important win.

That's what I thought when we played Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I was happy that they'd beaten Liverpool, so thought that three points from that would leave Saudi Sportswashing Machine less likely to win at our's..that didn't quite work out as expected.

Each game is tough. We've played the only easy game of the season, at home to Villa, and took the three points. Every other game will require us to be at a high level, in order to maximise our chance of success. I think we'll win 2-1 today and that Eriksen will be back on the scoresheet. I think we will have a player sent off, and so be hanging on at the end but will just get over the line.

Pressures off at the moment. All eyes are on Man U, Chelsea, Arse and City as well as Leicester. We have a great run coming up and can get some consecutive wins going. We could sneak into top spot without anyone realizing but need to start now. I'd be happy for an under-the-radar 2-1 win.

Back