• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT The Mighty THFC vs Abu Dhabi City

United for all their defensive Solidity probably should have been 4-0 down last week. They got a goal and City Crumbled and not to anything special either.

Liverpool have their number for sure, their sheer speed means city cannot play around at the back as easy.

I personally was hoping we might sit. Like we did to Liverpool at home. Play more on the counter ( like Liverpool did at the Etihad ) even though we was at home. I dont rate their backline but you have to find ways
to put it under pressure.

We was going to lose a game soon. So I hope this is the last for the rest of the season. Beat United and we can concentrate on the league.

Player wise.

Poor: Tripps, Dier, Lloris, Kane, Lamela
Ok: Sanchez, Davies, Alli, Dembele
Good: Eriksen,
Excellent: Vertonghen

Also I thought Moura did more on the pitch in his short appearance than Lamela did all game. Please give him a start at Brighton.
How on earth you can have Sanchez as anything other than poor is beyond me. He was no better than any of those you’ve put in the poor category....

Toby isnt even on the bench - we decided to just have a RB and no other defenders on the bench and pick a kid CF...that tells you something about his position at the club and/or relationship with Poch

It’s strange that I said this was happening very early on, everyone was so dismissive of what I said, and yet here we are now. Problem is that unless he refuses to play, then we are weakening our team just for footballing politics sake.

He didn't have his best game but he's just a kid of 21, imho he's shown us enough to suggest that he is going to be truly world class eventually.
What has any of that got to do with judging him on today’s game? He was poor today so if someone is doing match ratings he was most definitely in the poor category. It is far too early to say whether he will be ‘truly world class’, that is a level very few players get to. All we know is he has a lot of potential, but so do a lot of players. Slow down....

It’s strange that I said this was happening very early on, everyone was so dismissive of what I said, and yet here we are now. Problem is that unless he refuses to play, then we are weakening our team just for footballing politics sake.
What we don’t know is the attitude of Toby which is very important. On this we will have to trust Poch. Must admit though I would feel better if he was playing against United next Sat. Mourinho will be rubbing his hands at the thought of attacking our right side. Lingaard, Martial and lukaku are all quick and potentially will tear Tripoier and Sanchez a new one. At least play Dier in a back 3.

United for all their defensive Solidity probably should have been 4-0 down last week. They got a goal and City Crumbled and not to anything special either.

Liverpool have their number for sure, their sheer speed means city cannot play around at the back as easy.

I personally was hoping we might sit. Like we did to Liverpool at home. Play more on the counter ( like Liverpool did at the Etihad ) even though we was at home. I dont rate their backline but you have to find ways
to put it under pressure.

We was going to lose a game soon. So I hope this is the last for the rest of the season. Beat United and we can concentrate on the league.

Player wise.

Poor: Tripps, Dier, Lloris, Kane, Lamela
Ok: Sanchez, Davies, Alli, Dembele
Good: Eriksen,
Excellent: Vertonghen

Also I thought Moura did more on the pitch in his short appearance than Lamela did all game. Please give him a start at Brighton.
I agree with a reasonable amount of this, but if that was an OK performance from Sanchez then I would hate to see a bad one.

Last edited:
We should have gone balls out and attacked from the off or sat behind the ball and killed the game.

We did neither.

Complete fudge up by all.
This. We just stood off them tentatively for half an hour.
Poch said the most disappointing thing is that we didn't compete for the first half hour... that is on him; he must have given them clear instructions to explain if we were pressing or sitting deep, and he should motivate them properly before kickoff.

It's not really for politics sake. Poch places a huge premium on the squad being together and that sort of togetherness is a very tenuous thing. Having a guy who wants out of the club in the first team instead of a lad who is there for the long term and who has been putting it in all season could destroy team spirit. It also sends a very strong message to the other players.

Fans bang on about the strong team spirit that helps us punch above our weight - this is the price to pay for that.

Sanchez has a poor game I agree

But as a young player in can happen

Doesn’t help when your captain in goal couldn’t catch a cold though
I am just on my way back from the game now.... I think I need to watch it again before I can make my mind up on which one of the two was worse today. I thought Dier wasn't far behind the two of them also. The game totally bypassed him. When we add Kompany having Kane in his pocket it is no wonder we lost.

I thought Emirates Marketing Project were very impressive today. All of their players are comfortable on the ball, their movement is excellent and they seem to have pace everywhere.

I am just on my way back from the game now.... I think I need to watch it again before I can make my mind up on which one of the two was worse today. I thought Dier wasn't far behind the two of them also. The game totally bypassed him. When we add Kompany having Kane in his pocket it is no wonder we lost.

I thought Emirates Marketing Project were very impressive today. All of their players are comfortable on the ball, their movement is excellent and they seem to have pace everywhere.
Trippier was poor too and Davies’ tackle on kompany deserved a straight red. Looked like it was on purpose as it was well after the ball had gone.

I'm furious with Dier! He's had so many tinkle poor performances this season. He's so arrogant in his play style, but hasn't got the skills to match it. Sloppy passing, getting team mates into trouble, losing posession. He's been awful in a lot of games.

I wouldn’t say he’s arrogant. But I definitely think him and Lloris think they can play when in reality, they are both very limited on the ball and should know where their skill set ends when it comes to distribution and range of passing.

Not sure what Wanyama needs to do to be given a run of games to prove himself again. He’s not pulled up any trees but he’s not been allowed a run of games either. Dier hasn’t had his best season and he’s messed up multiple times against the top teams.

I think back to how good we were defensively and going forward with Rose, Toby and Walker. People are kidding themselves if they honestly think we’re not an inferior unit without those three. We’re definitely missing Rose and Walker’s pace, it gave our attacking player another dimension. I fear Poch is going to pick the same team against United and we’ll get a similar result to what we saw today.

Back