• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Spurs vs Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

Spurs Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who would he play instead of/rotate with amongst our current crop?
Also, who in the PL would you say he is most similar to?

I'm not an expert, but from what I've seen of him, he's mostly just a really, really good passer. He doesn't seem to do a lot of dribbling, cover a lot of ground, or is particularly athletic, so he wouldn't be a perfect Dembele replacement. I wonder if the coaching staff might see him as an alternative to Grealish (even tho Neves tends to sit deeper). JG is a better dribbler, whereas Neves is a better passer.

To me, they'd both be more of Winks alternatives (nowhere near defensively capable enough to replace Dier) than anyone who can replace Dembele, which is why I'd so much rather us make a run at a guy like NDombele, De Jong, Ndidi, or Kovacic.

I'm not an expert, but from what I've seen of him, he's mostly just a really, really good passer. He doesn't seem to do a lot of dribbling, cover a lot of ground, or is particularly athletic, so he wouldn't be a perfect Dembele replacement. I wonder if the coaching staff might see him as an alternative to Grealish (even tho Neves tends to sit deeper). JG is a better dribbler, whereas Neves is a better passer.

To me, they'd both be more of Winks alternatives (nowhere near defensively capable enough to replace Dier) than anyone who can replace Dembele, which is why I'd so much rather us make a run at a guy like NDombele, De Jong, Ndidi, or Kovacic.

Interesting.....

...however, what do you see in Ndidi that would make him a decent target for us?

Can't really sympathise. Your OMT caused Lamela's miss. And here you are, unscathed. I secured victories against Fulham and West Ham, and yet I was struck down indefinitely with this absurd piano-playing character actor.
Wet Spam and Fulham. Meh

Interesting.....

...however, what do you see in Ndidi that would make him a decent target for us?

I added Ndidi because he seems like a more gettable option than a De Jong/Ndombele, but I do like him. He's really young, and his defensive numbers are insane (tackles+interceptions). Plus, unlike Kante, he's a beast in the air. His passing isn't great, but he's always played in a pretty tactically conservative team and that might bump up with a more possession based side. Maybe he's a better replacement for Wanyama than Dembele to be fair...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Other than that, I don't have much to add to this OMT other than to say we should be respectful of the The Woofers. They play tidy, energetic football and we'll be embarrassed if we underestimate them.

Have to admire how well we did with an almost fully rotated squad mid-week and we should have plenty of energy for this game.

----------HL---------
SA----JF----DS----BD
----------ED----------
------HW----DA------
-EL------HK------LM-

If anyone is going up, the Newhampton pub is a great boozer and they’re ok with a few away fans... best pub in Wolvo!

And charm the locals by complimenting Beavertown Brewery products, the official brewer at the new stadium. Run by Logan Plant, a Wolves fan.

Just like his dad, singer Robert Plant, of Led Zeppelin fame. Whom I saw live this past summer and was amazed at how well he performed on his latest tour with the Sensational Shape Shifters:

from the beeb
Spurs team news: Wanyama, Vertonghen, Rose & Dier out

Wolves v Tottenham (Sat, 19:45 GMT)

We're going to interrupt Maurizio Sarri for a second to bring you some team news coming from the Tottenham camp.

Victor Wanyama is OUT, while Jan Vertonghen (hamstring) continues his rehabilitation.

Eric Dier is out of action with a thigh problem and Danny Rose is also unlikely to return before the international break.

Back