• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Spurs vs Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C.

Spurs Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who were they missing? Looked very similar to the team they sent out a few days earlier in the league?
Well they’ve got quite a few injuries at the moment, and Arnautovic only came on as sub for last half hour. He played well not knocking him at all but it was hardly the sternest test and considering Pochs previous unwillingness to play him in any important games I don’t see how performing against a poor West Ham side is going to convince Poch to play him away to a wolves who will be a much harder test. I’d be happy if he does give him the opportunity but wouldn’t bank on it....

If the gods turn out to be displeased, how about this by way of penance?

gladiator-uk-wolf.jpg

Although @alekaras seems to have got away scot-free with the Emirates Marketing Project loss, so goodness knows what's happening in the OMT clergy.
Scot-free? Thanks to my OMT we didn't get tonked 0-5 and almost came away with a point.

Yeah, I get it, perhaps it would work better if Jan was one of the three defenders and Aurier was the RWB. So not one to try against Wolves, but an interesting thought.

Of course, Jan would work wonders that side.

Have to say Ive a soft spot for Aurier. Undeniably he hasnt set the world alight, but I really believe he has it in him to be a special player, if only he can put the pieces together.

I think he can surpass Trippier, and even Walker, if he can just get the mental side of things right.

Yeah I know Son LWB wasnt Sons crowning glory - hence shifting into more of a back 4 when defending - Trippier comes RB and everyone shuffles along.

Was just a thought.

Point being, with the game being ever more non-contact, I think intelligence, positioning and tenacity are of more value than straight up "that guy is a defensive tank".

With those 3 you have 3 actual footballers, who can offer way more than defensive work - while all 3 of them put in a very good shift in that capacity. Play them as something of a core of the side, supported by a solid back 3, and I think they would be fine defensively and also a massive asset when in possession.

You underestimate just how much work each of the 3 do defensively. I think it would be harder to play through than you might anticipate.

shuffles along a bit?

tim-sherwood.jpg

Scot-free? Thanks to my OMT we didn't get tonked 0-5 and almost came away with a point.

Can't really sympathise. Your OMT caused Lamela's miss. And here you are, unscathed. I secured victories against Fulham and West Ham, and yet I was struck down indefinitely with this absurd piano-playing character actor.

Of course, Jan would work wonders that side.

Have to say Ive a soft spot for Aurier. Undeniably he hasnt set the world alight, but I really believe he has it in him to be a special player, if only he can put the pieces together.

I think he can surpass Trippier, and even Walker, if he can just get the mental side of things right.
I’ve been disappointed in Trippier this season, I previously defended his alleged defending deficiencies but they’ve been more noticeable to me so far this season.

I’ve no doubt Aurier will surpass him, why hasn’t he played more this season? Perhaps it’s just my memory playing tricks but seems like they haven’t been rotated much at all and has mainly been Trippier playing of late(obviously not yesterday)....

I’ve been disappointed in Trippier this season, I previously defended his alleged defending deficiencies but they’ve been more noticeable to me so far this season.

I’ve no doubt Aurier will surpass him, why hasn’t he played more this season? Perhaps it’s just my memory playing tricks but seems like they haven’t been rotated much at all and has mainly been Trippier playing of late(obviously not yesterday)....

Aurier was injured for a time (i think after the Inter match), but he has been available since the international break and i'm not totally sure why since then he hasn't played until last night....

Trippier has significant value going forward, and is adequate defensively (could be much better, but not "bad").

Aurier, for all his potential, has only shown glimpses at either end - is too erratic to be relied on at the moment IMO.

If I were to compare Aurier to anyone, he kind of reminds me of Townsend.

Townsend had all the potential in the world. Two footed, strong, quick, can dribble, shoot, worked hard - he had it all. Except the mental ability to put it all together into a package. He is let down by whats between his ears, and eventually I think we reached the conclusion that was never going to change. Its not like we put up any real fight when selling him, is it?

Aurier, while obviously a different player with different skills, has that thing for me where he has everything in his locker to be an incredible RB, but seems unable to put it all together. I dont think he is past the point of no return yet, where we let him go - but I dont think we will wait around forever to see if he gets there either. Especially with KWP making strides behind him (and Trippier).

Unlike Townsend I dont think Aurier is a footballer with no game intelligence, his issues seem to me to be more about a lack of concentration and an over exuberance. If he can focus, and temper his urges - be more methodical, I think he can be superb.

Trippier has significant value going forward, and is adequate defensively (could be much better, but not "bad").

Aurier, for all his potential, has only shown glimpses at either end - is too erratic to be relied on at the moment IMO.

If I were to compare Aurier to anyone, he kind of reminds me of Townsend.

Townsend had all the potential in the world. Two footed, strong, quick, can dribble, shoot, worked hard - he had it all. Except the mental ability to put it all together into a package. He is let down by whats between his ears, and eventually I think we reached the conclusion that was never going to change. Its not like we put up any real fight when selling him, is it?

Aurier, while obviously a different player with different skills, has that thing for me where he has everything in his locker to be an incredible RB, but seems unable to put it all together. I dont think he is past the point of no return yet, where we let him go - but I dont think we will wait around forever to see if he gets there either. Especially with KWP making strides behind him (and Trippier).

Unlike Townsend I dont think Aurier is a footballer with no game intelligence, his issues seem to me to be more about a lack of concentration and an over exuberance. If he can focus, and temper his urges - be more methodical, I think he can be superb.
Good summary. I think eventually Aurier will be the main RB and KWP the no.2 - I’ve just no idea on the potential timescale of that happening....

We have not done too bad results wise but hopefully Poch stops feeling sorry for himself and gets this team hitting form.

This wont be an easy match at all; Wolves seem a well-drilled team who are hard to score against. They also seem like a team that struggle to score themselves. Hopefully we can get an early goal and settle down (and cut out the brainfarts at the back!)

Back