• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - SPURS vs Vitesse

As someone said last night, having a limited footballer like Chris Wood or some similar physical unit would have improved our performance no end. Nothing against Scarlett, but he doesnt look close to being ready for PL or European football yet. We should sign a more senior CF in Jan (20-23 year old with at least 1-2 seasons of top flight football would be fine) and then Scarlett on loan to get some experience

It will be a problem finding a club that will play him regularly or have the right style to develop him. As a manager I wouldnt want to gamble my job on a 17 year old unless I knew him and his ability well.

Could you show those stats? The only stats I've seen is comparing with and without Kane since 2014 - 2020 and there's a 13-14% drop off in the games won.
I’ve read it a couple of times, either way I’d still prefer Kane up front. But there certainly isn’t a drop off when Kane is absent and Son is playing up top…..

It’s the bloody attitude
If we show up at the London Stadium in London with the second XI and the U21s as a bench, I'll be worried.

Given the lineup and Vitesse treating it like the biggest game in their history - which the referee played along with - a draw would've been about the best result we could've expected. Nuno is presumably banking on playing the proper team at home to beat Vitesse and Rennes.

If we show up at the London Stadium in London with the second XI and the U21s as a bench, I'll be worried.

Given the lineup and Vitesse treating it like the biggest game in their history - which the referee played along with - a draw would've been about the best result we could've expected. Nuno is presumably banking on playing the proper team at home to beat Vitesse and Rennes.

No we cant do that. It will have to be the same second string but with the first team on the bench and maybe starting kane or son and then swapping them for each other at half time.

INuno is presumably banking on playing the proper team at home to beat Vitesse and Rennes.

He said as much after the game too. Win those two, and Mura away, and we're on 13 points. Rennes would be able to get to 13 points max. Vitesse only 12 points

I think we'll see a mix of first 11 and back-ups for the return Vitesse game. Perhaps playing 3 of the 4 defenders from last night, one of SKipp/PEH in CM, GLC as no 10 and then Kane and Son with Gil up front

The bigger dilemma might be Mura away! Will Nuno trust the 11 from last night, or feel he needs to take some first 11 players as back-ups?

I thought the referee probably favoured us overall.

I don’t know about that. But I remember thinking in the first half this ref is decent, and not a ‘homer’. But second half he turned into an absolute joke. That booking for Scarlett after the keepers blatant dive was ridiculous and summed his second half performance up….
In the first half he looked like an 'awayer'.

Re: The booking for Scarlett, Scarlett lunged in when he had no chance of winning the ball and in real time with one look it appeared as though he had caught the keeper. I wouldn't blame the ref there for a blatent bit of cheating by their keeper.

As someone said last night, having a limited footballer like Chris Wood or some similar physical unit would have improved our performance no end. Nothing against Scarlett, but he doesnt look close to being ready for PL or European football yet. We should sign a more senior CF in Jan (20-23 year old with at least 1-2 seasons of top flight football would be fine) and then Scarlett on loan to get some experience
I've been saying for a while that it is abundantly clear that Scarlett isn't anywhere near ready for football at this level yet. I am starting to worry that we may ruin the career of a really good prospect by completely destroying his confidence at a key stage of his development and that would be an incredible shame.

A club like THFC absolutely should not and cannot ever be completing a transfer window with one striker and his back up being a 17 year old youth player. Numerous strikers moved in the Summer that would likely have done a decent job for us (I listed a bunch in another post) and that only considered strikers who moved. I don't want to hear the "January is a difficult window" gonad*s on February 1st. We need a second option who can allow a very talented younger to go back to the youth setup and (hopefully) regain his confidence.

I understand the point you are making, however how many times have we heard that said about a lot of so called second teams that we have sent out over the years ( in various cup games) that have failed to do a decent ( let alone good) job. Throwing players together that have rarely played together before usually ends up with a poor performance.

I hope this time they do well.

So the plan to play a weakened/hugely changed side failed once again. I have no problem with making changes but a side playing against opponents who were really fired up with fans who were electric usually fails. And yet we will still get some fans saying we can send out weak sides and still get a result.

I've been saying for a while that it is abundantly clear that Scarlett isn't anywhere near ready for football at this level yet. I am starting to worry that we may ruin the career of a really good prospect by completely destroying his confidence at a key stage of his development and that would be an incredible shame.

A club like THFC absolutely should not and cannot ever be completing a transfer window with one striker and his back up being a 17 year old youth player. Numerous strikers moved in the Summer that would likely have done a decent job for us (I listed a bunch in another post) and that only considered strikers who moved. I don't want to hear the "January is a difficult window" gonad*s on February 1st. We need a second option who can allow a very talented younger to go back to the youth setup and (hopefully) regain his confidence.

Definitely a glass-half-empty perspective. We could have easily bought a striker who also wasn't scoring in games like this. it is not like Scarlett missed any gilt-edged chances! He's a better finisher than many of our backup strikers of recent years! To give it the 'Levy is ruining young players careers' is a little desperate. Unlike you, the club have faith in Scarlett. They know he is a good player, worthy of pulling on the shirt. These experiences will help him to improve and I'm pleased we are putting faith in talented young players. Never easy playing in a disjointed new side, but he has done well nevertheless.

So the plan to play a weakened/hugely changed side failed once again. I have no problem with making changes but a side playing against opponents who were really fired up with fans who were electric usually fails. And yet we will still get some fans saying we can send out weak sides and still get a result.

Wouldn’t cry if all but 3 of the starting 11 got sold

but last night didn’t really matter as long as we win the remaining 2 home games

we should have used this tactic years ago

These experiences will help him to improve
I'm not sure how being repeatedly shoved to the floor by a strong centre-back will help him at all in the short run.
It is utterly ludicrous that we are in this position - I am generally a supporter of the Chairman but getting rid of Vinicius without getting another in his mold is completely and utterly irresponsible, however badly Covid damaged our finances.

These experiences will help him to improve
I'm not sure how being repeatedly shoved to the floor by a strong centre-back will help him at all in the short run.
It is utterly ludicrous that we are in this position - I am generally a supporter of the Chairman but getting rid of Vinicius without getting another in his mold is completely and utterly irresponsible, however badly Covid damaged our finances.

was the Vinny fee not going to be around 50m?

I actually thought he was pretty decent and took his chances and scored a few goals

Back