• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT SPURS vs Soton***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’ll pay more with the new stadium. It’s the biggest insurance policy we have for sticking around at the top table rather than thinking that this era will be fleeting. Whatever happens for the rest of this season, we will be a tough club to dislodge from the top pack now.

I agree
I genuinely believe thmomey has been held under tighter control than fans would like as we didn’t know and still don’t know what the end ground cost is

These delays have cost us rent at Wembley and ongoing build costs. The club will recover some of the build cost via claims but it will be £20m Max not £200m

And I’m guessing we have an additional build cost of that figure alone in extra management etc... plus wembley rental

Sorry Steff, but if this is actually true doesn't that say the Board/Levy failed Pochettino last summer then?
I mean Poch himself said that we needed to do things differently, be brave and especially warned about the world cup meaning we would have to do our business earlier than normal?

Been through this before mate. The reasons then were the same as they would be if I went into it here again.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No; just look at the starting line-ups during the festive period (when we have had the most opportunity to rest/rotate) and i think you'll see.

Also, we have had more injuries than previous years, perhaps you are mixing having to play other players because of injury with rotation?

No I’m not mixing it up. He quite literally left out Toby and Aurier today despite being fit. He left our Trippier at Burnley.

We have had injuries but he’s definitely rotated more this season than any other. There were even periods earlier in the season when Eriksen was benched. The only player that hasn’t really had that treatment this season is Kane.

We indeed have Steff, and the picture painted at present looks like a certain someone wasn't listened to before the summer...likely chickens coming home to roost etc etc

Once it was clear what we would and wouldn’t be able to do, the whole idea of no player coming or going is as much a Poch play as Levy. In fact I’d say it’s clearly more Poch. He has the control to build the football side of the club the way he wants. It doesn’t fit the previous Levy MO - he’s always been keen to sign players if we can.

No I’m not mixing it up. He quite literally left out Toby and Aurier today despite being fit. He left our Trippier at Burnley.

We have had injuries but he’s definitely rotated more this season than any other. There were even periods earlier in the season when Eriksen was benched. The only player that hasn’t really had that treatment this season is Kane.

As i say, look at our festive period run or generally games when we've had healthy leads, Poch rarely made subs to our best players and we are paying for it now imo.
Eriksen save for the Leicester away game has never been benched part from when he was coming back from imjury. even today, Alli looked spent at 50 mins even the commentator assumed he'd be taken off.
We had those dicussions earlier in the seaon for a reason and you yourself acknowledge Poch rarely rotated/subbbed players and you said you felt it worked as "it got minutes into them" and that "it worked before as we always build up a head of steam" etc etc...
He jas rotated for sure, but perhaps not enough...

Once it was clear what we would and wouldn’t be able to do, the whole idea of no player coming or going is as much a Poch play as Levy. In fact I’d say it’s clearly more Poch. He has the control to build the football side of the club the way he wants. It doesn’t fit the previous Levy MO - he’s always been keen to sign players if we can.

Well, if we finish 5th, i think it will be clear from then as to who REALLY was let down. If it was Poch being let down, i think he'll walk...

So what results do we want tomorrow then? Before our game today, I was hoping for a draw between Utd and goons. Now, I hope Utd win.

If Utd win and Wolves can get a point at Chelsea, we should still be 3rd on goal difference, still 4 points ahead of Arsenal and 4 or 5 ahead of Chelsea.

Then, before we go to Anfield, Chelsea have two tricky away games v Everton and Cardiff. A decent chance we can still be ahead of them going into the Liverpool game. Utd play Watford at home, they'd probably win that. Gooners don't play again between tomorrow and our game at Anfield.

All said and done, we can go to Anfield and collect our beating and just about be in 4th place still.

Draw tomorrow
Wolves win

Only thing that would cheer me up.

Utd will win
Chelsea will win.

Only ourselves to blame. Losers

I was for it, it was time, but in hindsight letting Dembele go without a replacment has to be seen as a mistake now doesn't it? We've missed having an expereinced presence in middle to help control games. Even if just a sub.

So what results do we want tomorrow then? Before our game today, I was hoping for a draw between Utd and goons. Now, I hope Utd win.

If Utd win and Wolves can get a point at Chelsea, we should still be 3rd on goal difference, still 4 points ahead of Arsenal and 4 or 5 ahead of Chelsea.

Then, before we go to Anfield, Chelsea have two tricky away games v Everton and Cardiff. A decent chance we can still be ahead of them going into the Liverpool game. Utd play Watford at home, they'd probably win that. Gooners don't play again between tomorrow and our game at Anfield.

All said and done, we can go to Anfield and collect our beating and just about be in 4th place still.

I can see tomo being draws all round personally

You're an XG GHod. Just shows we maybe didn't create as many clear cut chances as it seemed? Our final ball as well as not stretching their defensive by getting wide, maybe two reasons? I thought our XG would be higher. We hit the post twice was it? Kane was clean through, and had openings where he'd normally work the keeper but fluffed his lines - in the first 10 minutes he had 2 or 3!

Dembele hasn’t been Dembele for over a year, we’ve not suddenly stopped winning games because he’s no longer around.

Not sure about that; i think teams have realized our Wanyama-Dembele "brick wall" of yesterday is no longer there, so like a looter who notices that Harrods haven't actually got any locks on their doors raids are-a-happening and we don't have enough security guards to stop the looting...

You're an XG GHod. Just shows we maybe didn't create as many clear cut chances as it seemed? Our final ball as well as not stretching their defensive by getting wide, maybe two reasons? I thought our XG would be higher. We hit the post twice was it? Kane was clean through, and had openings where he'd normally work the keeper but fluffed his lines - in the first 10 minutes he had 2 or 3!

Oh yeah, Kane was atrocious re his finishing in the first 10 minutes, not even getting some of those on target....

As i say, look at our festive period run or generally games when we've had healthy leads, Poch rarely made subs to our best players and we are paying for it now imo.
Eriksen save for the Leicester away game has never been benched part from when he was coming back from imjury. even today, Alli looked spent at 50 mins even the commentator assumed he'd be taken off.
We had those dicussions earlier in the seaon for a reason and you yourself acknowledge Poch rarely rotated/subbbed players and you said you felt it worked as "it got minutes into them" and that "it worked before as we always build up a head of steam" etc etc...
He jas rotated for sure, but perhaps not enough...

I really wouldn’t assume anything is correct because Tony Gale is calling it out.

I tend to side with Poch on this. The collapse today was mental. You’re not saying we look knackered when we’re beating Dortmund 4-0 in the CL, it’s in bread and butter league games where we are making stupid mistakes in seemingly every game. I think complacency has crept into the squad and I think a good few of the players know their time is up, and so we don’t have the advantage of what used to make us really strong in that everyone was
pulling in the same direction and super bought in.

I still believe in the whole idea of getting minutes into them and I don’t believe they are physically struggling now. I think it’s a mental problem linked to complacency, and presenting as a lack of concentration in the crucial moments. With the CL, when a lot of these players may know that they’ll potentially never play in such big games at such a late stage again, I think the motivation has appeared easier and more natural.

The first half today looked like proper Poch football. We were pressing, we looked totally in control, we were moving the ball well and creating chances. It didn’t look like a late season limp effort. And Poch knows. He puts a lot of stock in how the players appear to be carrying themselves and he can tell who is playing within themselves and who is playing to their potential. He called it out as a mental problem post match and I don’t see any reason to disagree with it.

We should have created more chances, the fact that are XG is so low is a damming indictment on the players today. So many times the openings were there, we just needed to play the right pass with a bit of composure. So many times it came to nothing. Really poor.

Back