• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT SPURS vs Soton***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is my worry, I think that every time there has been a dip in form before, we’ve always bounced back. But I also feel like Poch has always been in control - like we dip a little bit pre Christmas usually, and in the second half of the season we are usually firing. I feel like he is prepared for that.

But this is really bad and I don’t think Poch is in control or has any obvious answers. I think the problem is we are coming to the end of a cycle with a lot of players at this club and they know it. It takes a lot of concentration to play under Poch, and to be a top consistent player generally, and too many players are switching off at crucial moments. It’s the players whos’ futures must be most up in the air that are making the mistakes in the League for me. Rose is on the way down. Trippier and Aurier. Aldeweireld getting beaten at Burnley. Admittedly Sanchez against Arsenal doesn’t fall into this category but it was still a stupid mistake then too.

I just don’t know what the answer is. And I struggle to think of a team whose form dipped at a crucial point in the season and still recovered in time. And I think the whole ‘no one goes, no one comes in’ thing at the start of the season, we reaped the benefits of that clarity for a bit. We got better versions of Toby and Rose than we had before, and it served to reinvigorate a bit. But now I think a lot of these players know they might not be around, and there is some weird complacency creeping into the squad. The mission just doesn’t matter anymore.

The only thing I could think that Poch could do is to play the players he knows are gonna be here next season. So that means giving KWP a run. That means Davies in the team. That means Son, not a Moura that has been hit or miss. I think he was kind of doing that today with the selection, and it looked like it was working. But I think sometimes the system and the coaching makes it too easy for the players, and they fail to hold up their end of the bargain which is to execute on it. Sloppy, complacent, stupid mistakes.

Very, very good post. Agree with almost all of it.

So it's an end of an era where we haven't achieved anything that will be remembered?

It was the Leicester season where we really needed to win it. We will never get that close again. Feel so down about this. I'm such a sad clam

So it's an end of an era where we haven't achieved anything that will be remembered?

It was the Leicester season where we really needed to win it. We will never get that close again. Feel so down about this. I'm such a sad clam
I’ll remember a lot - good, great and bad.

I think you are spot on though - the Leicester season was THE chance we had. And I don’t feel that we bottled that one, I feel that they had Lady Luck on their side - decisions going their way, woodwork hit by opponents and not them (v us at WHL), players scoring their first goals for years (Hugh v us), decisions going heir way (late goal from a soft decision v Spammers) lack of injuries etc.

And you’re not sad, your’re spurs. Which is also sad (sometimes). But there is always the chance you could but an over-priced pie and a pint at that long bar an NWHL...

COYS!!!!

I remember those Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Leeds teams fondly. The ones that won fudge all. Better than many title winning teams to be honest.

I don’t agree we’ll never get that close. The stadium will be massive for us. And Arsenal and Chelsea have showed you can still make big signings in the Europa. If we fall into it, we can still make it back, and with the stadium we will have more of a chance of doing that than we’ve ever had before.

I think there will be some big changes this summer. And it will be sad to think that this era won’t have a trophy attached to it. But, I will always remember it as one of the best times in my Spurs supporting life, trophies or not. The fact that we’ve been winning every week, playing amazing football with great young players and a hugely likeable Manager, all while living within our means and creating a real spirit at the club...that all matters and will all be remembered. We were building a club to compete on all fronts, and came up against teams in Chelsea and Leceister that only had one competition to focus on. At various points, we’ve suffered awful luck, but what we’ve achieved shows we can get back up there.

I just don’t know if these players recover well enough this season now. I think the decline has started, complacency has set in, and for a lot of these players, it’s the end up of the line. And I think that’s seeped in to the rest of the squad too, even the ones that are here for the long haul. Sanchez against Arsenal. Even Kane today...he was all smiles and thumbs up when a relatively simple opening came to nothing. It was all too cosey, too easy, and we clearly weren’t ruthless enough. I just don’t know what the answer is. I don’t think this is team talks or gonad*ings, I think team spirit is a bigger thing than that and we had it because we had the entire squad pulling in one direction, ever since we moved out the bomb squad. But we’re getting to that point again where we need to bomb some others out. I hope we can still be in the CL when we do it but the reset may have to take place in the EL and that may just be the consequence of coming to the end of a great cycle and needing to rebuild.

Our league form has that feeling of when we only needed a point to finish above Arsenal and ended up losing to Southampton at home and getting pumped by Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the last day. Maybe this long lay-off has come at a good time for us. I know we're gonna get done at Anfield, but it'd be nice to go there, get our season back on track and ruin their title challenge all in one hit.

I don’t agree we’ll never get that close. The stadium will be massive for us. And Arsenal and Chelsea have showed you can still make big signings in the Europa. If we fall into it, we can still make it back, and with the stadium we will have more of a chance of doing that than we’ve ever had before.

I think there will be some big changes this summer. And it will be sad to think that this era won’t have a trophy attached to it. But, I will always remember it as one of the best times in my Spurs supporting life, trophies or not. The fact that we’ve been winning every week, playing amazing football with great young players and a hugely likeable Manager, all while living within our means and creating a real spirit at the club...that all matters and will all be remembered. We were building a club to compete on all fronts, and came up against teams in Chelsea and Leceister that only had one competition to focus on. At various points, we’ve suffered awful luck, but what we’ve achieved shows we can get back up there.

I just don’t know if these players recover well enough this season now. I think the decline has started, complacency has set in, and for a lot of these players, it’s the end up of the line. And I think that’s seeped in to the rest of the squad too, even the ones that are here for the long haul. Sanchez against Arsenal. Even Kane today...he was all smiles and thumbs up when a relatively simple opening came to nothing. It was all too cosey, too easy, and we clearly weren’t ruthless enough. I just don’t know what the answer is. I don’t think this is team talks or gonad*ings, I think team spirit is a bigger thing than that and we had it because we had the entire squad pulling in one direction, ever since we moved out the bomb squad. But we’re getting to that point again where we need to bomb some others out. I hope we can still be in the CL when we do it but the reset may have to take place in the EL and that may just be the consequence of coming to the end of a great cycle and needing to rebuild.
One of the reasons the Goons and Chavs make big signing in the Europe is the wages they will pay. Until we can offer comparable, if we don’t have CL, it will be harder for us in that regard.

I agree that this could be the end of a certain era - and now we will see if Poch has the skills (especially if Levy has some money) to rebuild. One of the things that made Fergie so great was his ability to refresh his squad so many times. I have trust in Poch, not only because he’s magic, you know.

1 point in 12 and going out of both domestic cups in the same week isnt really kneejerking is it?

Yes.
Yes it is.

Leave aside the fact that to present that sequence of games you had to wilfully omit us qualifying for the quarter-finals of the Champions League by beating a team who had previously not lost a game at their ground all season.
Focus on the short-termism of reacting at such a small sample size of results.
Focus on where we STILL ARE right now at the end of those games.

Exactly. Even the wins prior were fortunate. We have run out of ideas and turn up when we feel like it. People should be critical of this team and manager regardless of us not signing anyone.

We have got 2 of the best center backs around. Probably the best striker in the world. Best Asian player in the world. Internationals galore !

So we should not being tinkling up a champions league place up the wall! It's not acceptable !!

How dare we get fortunate victories and only after two thirds of the season start to lose touch with the top 2 sides in the league who are scoring points at a near-unprecedented rate?

Boys and girls just enjoy the next 3 weeks and don't think about these clams. They don't go home and think they've let you down they go home and get ready in their mansions to go out to a Michelin star restaurant thinking "what breitling shall I wear with my outfit tonight?" enjoy time with your friends and family and forget about these clams. I can't be bothered to get tinkled off with football anymore.

Zackment, mon ami.

Not happy about the result. But not diving down the well either.

Ah. There's my bride calling me.

Smoked salmon and cream cheese on gluten-free crackers with plump black olives (seed in for more flavour) and a bottle of Bootles Gin, just out the freezer, await us in the moments ahead. Out on the back deck in spectacular sunshine and 10-degree temperatures. After the winter we've had in Canada, it will feel like mid summer.

I'll keep looking at Spurs with a 'big picture' perspective. We've never had it so good.

I believe we will still sneak top 4 this season. But I agree with BoL, there will be a clear out. Had it not been for the World Cup, I think a fair amount would’ve happened already last summer.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sorry Steff, but if this is actually true doesn't that say the Board/Levy failed Pochettino last summer then?
I mean Poch himself said that we needed to do things differently, be brave and especially warned about the world cup meaning we would have to do our business earlier than normal?

Zackment, mon ami.

Not happy about the result. But not diving down the well either.

Ah. There's my bride calling me.

Smoked salmon and cream cheese on gluten-free crackers with plump black olives (seed in for more flavour) and a bottle of Bootles Gin, just out the freezer, await us in the moments ahead. Out on the back deck in spectacular sunshine and 10-degree temperatures. After the winter we've had in Canada, it will feel like mid summer.

I'll keep looking at Spurs with a 'big picture' perspective. We've never had it so good.

Clubs do evolve. You can't keep looking backwards and saying. Ah we used to be brick now we aren't. The club needs to progress but we make the same mistakes over and over again. Has to come a time where you forget the past and think about how we can get better. Mentality hasn't changed in years!

Reasons to be cheerful (Parts 1,2,3,4 and 5):

1. We have the move into NWHL to look forward to.
2. We are in the QFs of the CL.
3. We have three weeks to re-set.
4. We could pull a performance out of the bag against Liverpool - imagine how good it would feel to take points off them.
5. At the opening of the season, if we had been offered a CL QF berth and 3rd place in the PL come mid-March I’ve a feeling most of us would’ve taken it.

Reasons to be cheerful (Parts 1,2,3,4 and 5):

1. We have the move into NWHL to look forward to.
2. We are in the QFs of the CL.
3. We have three weeks to re-set.
4. We could pull a performance out of the bag against Liverpool - imagine how good it would feel to take points off them.
5. At the opening of the season, if we had been offered a CL QF berth and 3rd place in the PL come mid-March I’ve a feeling most of us would’ve taken it.
Only trouble with point 5 is that we are in this league position because of dropping 11 out of 12 points, so it feels like a touch of a slip. But there are MANY reasons to be cheerful.

Sadly, as i said based on the Arsenal game last week, we look spent physically, mentally and tactically:(

@BrainOfLevy sadly, i think this is what happens when you play too many players without much rotation so you can "get minutes into them"....

One of the reasons the Goons and Chavs make big signing in the Europe is the wages they will pay. Until we can offer comparable, if we don’t have CL, it will be harder for us in that regard.

I agree that this could be the end of a certain era - and now we will see if Poch has the skills (especially if Levy has some money) to rebuild. One of the things that made Fergie so great was his ability to refresh his squad so many times. I have trust in Poch, not only because he’s magic, you know.

We’ll pay more with the new stadium. It’s the biggest insurance policy we have for sticking around at the top table rather than thinking that this era will be fleeting. Whatever happens for the rest of this season, we will be a tough club to dislodge from the top pack now.

I think Poch rotated more this season than any other?

No; just look at the starting line-ups during the festive period (when we have had the most opportunity to rest/rotate) and i think you'll see.

Also, we have had more injuries than previous years, perhaps you are mixing having to play other players because of injury with rotation?

Back