• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT SPURS vs Soton***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well 5th place might well be enough for CL with city facing a certain ban for fraudulent activities, only question is will the investigation end soon enough for the ban to take place next season.

I’d say at this moment in time the ban is likely to come into effect for the season after next.
Why do you think a ban would be delayed?

When do you see Liverpool change their back 4 If all fit ? Doesn't happen. Why do we have to do it? Why does he feel the need to? This is where poch needs to be questioned. If he wants to give other a chance play them in the cups. Next season he can play them in the Europa League. Plenty of games there.

First half was good but didn't like all the smiles at 1-0 up. It was all too easy. I knew we wouldn't win at HT. We only manage to play well in one half and this time it was the first. We hit he bar and post when with a bit of luck it didn't go in.

As usual we started a half badly. What exactly happens at half time?

Eriksen was awful yet again and at the moment I couldn't give a brick if he is sold. We need bigger characters in the team and eriksen is not one of those.

So tinkled off still about what is happening and how we have collapsed

Why do you think a ban would be delayed?

Its been dragging on so im not sure a verdict will be reached in time for next season and then i guess they may be able to appeal.

Its looking increasingly likely that we’re gona end 6th so probably doesnt really effect us anyway.

And 3 weeks for this result to fester deep into all our souls..Great!!:mad:

I’m glad to have three weeks away from it to be honest.

Well 5th place might well be enough for CL with city facing a certain ban for fraudulent activities, only question is will the investigation end soon enough for the ban to take place next season.

I’d say at this moment in time the ban is likely to come into effect for the season after next.

There won’t be a ban - they are too big a fish. A big fine and a slapped wrist is as much as they will get. Guardiola seems very bullish about it all, so he’s obviously being told by the lawyers that it will all be fine.

Watching the highlights again this morning, Ward-Prowse takes the free kick a good 10 yards forward of where the foul takes place.

Also, Sissoko probably should have walked.

Watching the highlights again this morning, Ward-Prowse takes the free kick a good 10 yards forward of where the foul takes place.

Also, Sissoko probably should have walked.

We should have bought Llorente on and stood him on the line!
Hugo wasn't even close:eek:

Ward-Prowse is excellent in that situation he beat De Gea the other day who makes Hugo look my size;). I really think we are not giving them enough credit to their second turnaround.

I’d you tot up the chances we should have been 3 up in the first half

And again I’d add that Hugo didn’t make a save that I remembered

We let in a really really soft first goal and a top class free kick

The first was very very avoidable and that’s what changed the result

The issue was that they were getting more and more into the game as they gambled after half time. That logically means there should be chances and room for to us to exploit but in reality we didn’t test their keepe much at all second half

If you don’t take your chances you don’t deserve to win. That’s what people were saying when Leicester outplayed us but squandered their chances. By that logic we deserved to lose to Soton.

If you don’t take your chances you don’t deserve to win. That’s what people were saying when Leicester outplayed us but squandered their chances. By that logic we deserved to lose to Soton.

Don’t disagree

It’s exactly what I said after the Leicester game

Although we were much closer to scoring than Leicester were, were hitting the post and bar but hey it happens

I’d you tot up the chances we should have been 3 up in the first half

And again I’d add that Hugo didn’t make a save that I remembered

We let in a really really soft first goal and a top class free kick

The first was very very avoidable and that’s what changed the result

The issue was that they were getting more and more into the game as they gambled after half time. That logically means there should be chances and room for to us to exploit but in reality we didn’t test their keepe much at all second half

If you don’t take your chances you don’t deserve to win. That’s what people were saying when Leicester outplayed us but squandered their chances. By that logic we

We should have bought Llorente on and stood him on the line!
Hugo wasn't even close:eek:

Ward-Prowse is excellent in that situation he beat De Gea the other day who makes Hugo look my size;). I really think we are not giving them enough credit to their second turnaround.

We should never bring Llorente on with Kane on

Llorente just gets in the way and offers nothing

Ward Prowse FreeCell kick was top notch although they did nick about 10 yards from the foul

Exactly. Even the wins prior were fortunate. We have run out of ideas and turn up when we feel like it. People should be critical of this team and manager regardless of us not signing anyone.

We have got 2 of the best center backs around. Probably the best striker in the world. Best Asian player in the world. Internationals galore !

So we should not being tinkling up a champions league place up the wall! It's not acceptable !!

What concerns me most is that we seem to have lost our identity as a team. In Poch's first few seasons, we were young, fit, hungry and pressed the buggery out of teams until they meekly surrendeed in the second half having been hounded to death.

This takes 100 % commitment all over the park, but particularly from our front men. Our pressing game has largly evaporated. Is it because the players are tired, over trained or just become too big for their boots? Other teams now seem to have more hunger than us.

Worrying times.

Poch needs to find both his personal and our team's mojo as soon as possible.

I wonder if our downturn in form has been coincidental with rumours of Poch's move away? Shades of the "mind the gap" meltdown when Harry was touted for the England job. I think Poch should now come out and say unequivocally that he is staying as he hasn't yet finished the project here. It is time to show he is "brave" as well as magic.

What concerns me most is that we seem to have lost our identity as a team. In Poch's first few seasons, we were young, fit, hungry and pressed the buggery out of teams until they meekly surrendeed in the second half having been hounded to death.

This takes 100 % commitment all over the park, but particularly from our front men. Our pressing game has largly evaporated. Is it because the players are tired, over trained or just become too big for their boots? Other teams now seem to have more hunger than us.

Worrying times.

Poch needs to find both his personal and our team's mojo as soon as possible.

I wonder if our downturn in form has been coincidental with rumours of Poch's move away? Shades of the "mind the gap" meltdown when Harry was touted for the England job. I think Poch should now come out and say unequivocally that he is staying as he hasn't yet finished the project here. It is time to show he is "brave" as well as magic.

Lots of them aren’t as young any more. Four hard-pressing seasons down the line they may also be losing their hunger given that there has been no reward in the form of silverware.

Clubs do evolve. You can't keep looking backwards and saying. Ah we used to be brick now we aren't. The club needs to progress but we make the same mistakes over and over again. Has to come a time where you forget the past and think about how we can get better. meteorology hasn't changed in years!

It's a process. Spurs have taken mostly forward steps since Levy took over and are about to move into the most wonderful new home.

We're getting better by raising our place in the table little by little over the past decade or so. We're getting better by playing Champions League on a regular basis and doing quite well for a club of the stature we've achieved. We'll do better as the new stadium and related commercial revenues allow greater spending on transfers. We will do better because of the ever-improving culture of the club. We'll do better as the incredible new training facility allows for better coaching and development, creating better chances for academy players - and coaches - to rise through the ranks.

Lots of clubs have tried to leap frog beyond process building in search of quick success. Leeds tried to 'live the dream' and look how badly they've suffered. Same with QPR. West Ham just fling money about abstractly hoping to get lucky or receive charity.

No one is forgetting the past at Spurs but they've never stopped thinking about how to get better. And they way Spurs are going about it is the right way. The evolution of the club has been remarkable and there's every reason to believe it will continue to grow. They set their sights high and there isn't much further to go.

I missed the game completely, were we we really that bad it was it a case of getting sucker punched after not taking out chances after dominating the game? I’m looking to find some positives as we’d really struggled to create much since Alli was out so hoping he made a difference in that regard at least?

I missed the game completely, were we we really that bad it was it a case of getting sucker punched after not taking out chances after dominating the game? I’m looking to find some positives as we’d really struggled to create much since Alli was out so hoping he made a difference in that regard at least?

Honestly

We cruised through the first half and 3 nil would have been fair. Could have had a penalty and hit post and bar

They had to change it and did at half time and gambled.

Both sides missed some chances although ours were on target (good save from Gunn) and there’s were spanked wide from close ish distances

They got a lucky break with the goal but at that point we’re in the ascendancy

The free kick fro the second came from a counter and was the right call. Great finish too

We then hugged and puffed again but had nothing to test them

Dominant first half when Southampton mostly stood off us. Alli was indeed good and seemed to bring some more quality out of Eriksen. Should have been more than one up, but looked totally in control.

Second half that changed it around. Made two changes and started pressing high up the pitch. As so many times before we really struggled against the high press. I'm a broken record, but I really don't think our central midfield works without Winks. A severe lack of quality in terms of quick accurate passing, as such we didn't even really look that dangerous on the break as we couldn't play through their pressure.

Pochettino changed it a bit, brought Alli deeper and he started having a positive impact in that role. Then the goal. And another. Well deserved for Southampton based on the second half.

Then we brought on Llorente and started hoofing it, didn't really work, no surprise. I was quite surprised that we kept both Dier and Sissoko on the pitch with Lamela on the bench when we could have moved Eriksen into a deeper playmaking role.

I hope Winks returns quickly. I hope we sign another deep midfielder in the summer that's good at quick pass and move football. It remains our biggest weakness imo, but it seems that Pochettino sees it differently and I trust him to sort it out one way or the other.

Back