• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Spurs vs Milan ***

I thought Modric was out ill with appendicitis and we ground it out with palacios and sandro in CM?

You may be right. Memory is a funny thing. Can anyone name the full side that played that evening? And those that were missing through injury/ suspension.

It might just motivate our current lot!

No wonder really, since he's been diagnosed with a stress fracture. He's probably had it for a while, and it would surely affect him.

Ah! I did not know that. That's good news in a way! He's been a shadow of what he was at Brighton, so hopefully he can fully recover and strengthen us when he's back to speed. :)

It really was
Didn’t stop the whole time
We met a lad on the plane on the way out who was on his own. His mates didn’t come and he had nowhere to stay. We let him stay with us as we had a spare bed. The morning after the game he was gone like a Rocket. Was really weird almost as if he didn’t exist

I wonder what this 'young lad' had to say about his night in a hotel room with two strange men that he had just met on an aeroplane.....

No wonder he was off like a rocket.....

You may be right. Memory is a funny thing. Can anyone name the full side that played that evening? And those that were missing through injury/ suspension.

Didn't Corluka get crippled by Flamini in that game?
He was missing from injury as a result.

Maybe time for Alfie Devine to make an appearance and announce himself on the European stage

Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, BAE, Lennon, Sandro, Palacios, Pienaar, VdV, Crouchie

THey had some players in their team - Zlatan, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Pato, Seedorf

This may sound silly in hindsight later on tonight. But I'm rather excited to see what Skipp and Sarr can do tonight. Think both have deserved more game time than they've gotten, though a real shame that Bentancur and Bissouma are injured, at least they get their chances.

Big responsibility on young shoulders. And to have the pair of them at the same time with limited game time and in a team that hasn't exactly been flying is a big ask. Skipp has rarely, if ever, looked out of place when given the chance. Sarr has had fewer chances to show what he can do, but has shown positive signs. Comes with experience from France and a bit from the national team.

Not quite sink or swim, they'll both get more chances if they don't grab this one. But a chance at a really big stage to put down a marker for what they can do.

Some other causes for optimism and excitement despite the recent painful loss to Leicester. Harry Kane is Harry Kane. We have a good selection of attacking players again. Even Porro as an attacking option if wanted. And Romero will be back.

Gomes, Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, BAE, Lennon, Sandro, Palacios, Pienaar, VdV, Crouchie

THey had some players in their team - Zlatan, Robinho, Thiago Silva, Nesta, Pato, Seedorf

It definitely makes me feel more positive about tonight remembering that we beat a much stronger Milan team, while carrying dreadful players like Pienaar and Crouch (it's not actually a bad team bar those two)

I wonder what this 'young lad' had to say about his night in a hotel room with two strange men that he had just met on an aeroplane.....

No wonder he was off like a rocket.....
It wasn’t a hotel
More like a hostel
And it was about 7 strange men
Who had actually looked after him on his first away trip… brought him beers… helped him get to the ground and home too… always look after a fellow fan (rule no 1)
I mean fair play for him though going on his own after his mate slept him down

This may sound silly in hindsight later on tonight. But I'm rather excited to see what Skipp and Sarr can do tonight. Think both have deserved more game time than they've gotten, though a real shame that Bentancur and Bissouma are injured, at least they get their chances.

Big responsibility on young shoulders. And to have the pair of them at the same time with limited game time and in a team that hasn't exactly been flying is a big ask. Skipp has rarely, if ever, looked out of place when given the chance. Sarr has had fewer chances to show what he can do, but has shown positive signs. Comes with experience from France and a bit from the national team.

Not quite sink or swim, they'll both get more chances if they don't grab this one. But a chance at a really big stage to put down a marker for what they can do.

Some other causes for optimism and excitement despite the recent painful loss to Leicester. Harry Kane is Harry Kane. We have a good selection of attacking players again. Even Porro as an attacking option if wanted. And Romero will be back.

Thanks for cheering me up. It really is on Conte that they haven't had more game time and it is difficult to come in on a big stage being rusty. However Liverpool's star in the Merseyside derby last night is only 18 so there is hope for them. I would really love it if they put in string performances.

But our big names really need to step up and Son and Richi need to find their scoring boots sharpish.

Back