• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

+ OMT - Spurs vs Man Utd +

Well, I've already decided not to travel. Driving around B-roads in south Hampshire, the taking an engineering works delayed train into a snowy London, and having to do the same in reverse after the game...

I mean I wanna, but I ain't gonna. Not today.

AVB and the team did well to overcome the ManU away games jinx after 23 year wait. Now it is time for us to overcome the ManU jinx at home. It has been 12 years since we beat ManU at WHL. It is simply too long to go winless against any team at home. But AVB and the team have proven they have the mental strength to beat ManU at Old Trafford. Now, they have to show the same mentality in this match. We have the quality to beat ManU again if all the players play to their best ability.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Bale and Dembele will be our key players in this match. They both were the main reason we beat ManU away. Hope they will be at their best again. I think ManU are really scared about facing Dembele when he is at his best. Hope he will put up another good performance. We will miss Sandro badly but Parker is more than capable of being a good cover as long as he is at his best. Lennon could be our wildcard from midfield if ManU concentrate too much on Bale and Dembele.

Don't think we will miss Adebayor that much in attack as he has been in poor form since his return. Defoe and Dempsey did well before the return of Adebayor. Hope they do well again. But Defoe needs to rediscover his goal scoring form as he was earlier in the season. Dempsey scored our winning goal against ManU away. Hope he will come back into this match all fired up to score a goal or two. Apart from Defoe, Dempsey and Bale, we don't have a consistent goal scorer. Just hope someone will step up and score the all important goals for us.

You can't help but worried about our defence. I think until Kaboul returns or we buy another quality defender, we can't have a error-free defence. Players like Dawson, Gallas and Caulker are too error-prone. We have a quality and proven defender in Vertonghen. Now, we need to find a capable partner for him like Kaboul. Just can't see us keep a clean sheet in this match if RVP plays. Just hope we won't make too many silly errors in defence.

After suffering so long from the ManU jinx, it was really sweet to beat them away earlier in the season. Now, we need to prove we have overcome the jinx and start a winning run against them instead. We are more than capable of beating them as long as put up our best performance and with a little bit of luck. A draw will be an acceptable result but we need to beat ManU if we want to step up to the next level. Just we we get all the luck we need to beat ManU !

Well, I've already decided not to travel. Driving around B-roads in south Hampshire, the taking an engineering works delayed train into a snowy London, and having to do the same in reverse after the game...

I mean I wanna, but I ain't gonna. Not today.

You wont be the only one fella thats for sure, such a shame as its a mouth watering match in prospect

----------------Lloris

Naughton Gallas Vertonghen BAE

Lennon Parker Dembele Bale

------Dempsey

-------------Defoe

2-2 and only Uniteds 2nd draw of the season, should be a cracker

The game should be called off. I said a couple of days I hope its called off and it should. The thing is if they dont call it off - youre gonna get manure fans coming all that way and a lot of spurs fans too. So its best to call it off earlier than later. I cant go.

The game should be called off. I said a couple of days I hope its called off and it should. The thing is if they dont call it off - youre gonna get manure fans coming all that way and a lot of spurs fans too. So its best to call it off earlier than later. I cant go.

Most are from the south anyhow so they will be home before most Spurs fans

You wont be the only one fella thats for sure, such a shame as its a mouth watering match in prospect

He certainly isnt. We're not risking it either, just too far for us to travel in the circumstances, had we lived a lot nearer we might have taken the risk.
Feels a bit gutting,but always better to be safe than sorry on this occasion

He certainly isnt. We're not risking it either, just too far for us to travel in the circumstances, had we lived a lot nearer we might have taken the risk.

Defo you have a hell of a drive, massive shame for sure but you have to think about safety

Hopefully it doesn't mean more injuries!

Right, who do you reckon will be wearing gloves and snoods? :D

Gutted for you mate, but better safe than sorry. I'm still going, but only because I've been in London all week. I'm not looking forward to a freezing trek up from Seven Sisters. I'll cheer for us both from the Paxton!

On a side note. I went to Wet Spam/QPR yesterday. Yeah, yeah I know! But I'd nothing else to do. Fecking freezing. The worst part was after the game. Had to queue for a hour to get the tube at Upton Park. My feet didn't warm up for hours. Seems most people opted for public transport. But what a hell hole of a place to get away from.

Gutted for you mate, but better safe than sorry. I'm still going, but only because I've been in London all week. I'm not looking forward to a freezing trek up from Seven Sisters. I'll cheer for us both from the Paxton!

On a side note. I went to Wet Spam/QPR yesterday. Yeah, yeah I know! But I'd nothing else to do. Fecking freezing. The worst part was after the game. Had to queue for a hour to get the tube at Upton Park. My feet didn't warm up for hours. Seems most people opted for public transport. But what a hell hole of a place to get away from.

Its one of those where you have to leave a few mins early as you dont really wanna hang around that area after the game as an away fan for the crowds to die down

Its one of those where you have to leave a few mins early as you dont really wanna hang around that area after the game as an away fan for the crowds to die down

I actually did leave just before injury time, but loads of folk had the same idea. I got to the station, saw the size of the queue and decided to have a pint. Went into the Queens. Spent an uncomfortable half an hour with scary Spammers. Couldn't even take my phone out because of my wallpaper. And ended up in a worse queue!

Never again!

Cheers mate. In hindsight maybe we should have drove down yesterday as we had room booked at Enfield for last night, but even yesterday it didnt look good for today. As it panned out, we would have got down alright last night. Would have just had to worry about driving back, but, as they say, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We'll be just as vocal sat on the settee. Always find we're a lot more nervuos at home than the game though. Fingers crossed though, the last 2 games we've had tickets for and not ended up going we have won. Hope thats a sign

SSN just showed the pitch. Light covering of snow all over, and snowing still, quite hard close by apparently.

Got my doubts

The pitch can't be a problem, surely? They have undersoil heating and surely something they can put over the pitch if necessary.
And if they are going to call it off because of safety issues they need to do it now, before most people start their journeys.

@danielwynnethfc: Good morning from WHL. Lots of snow falling. Council working hard to clear pavements. Still coming down heavily. No firm news yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Fapatalk 2

Back