• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs vs Antwerp

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One player missed more than most is Hojberg. You can see he forces players to step up their game on the pitch, and he wouldn’t let some of the players get away with how they’re performing here....

Not blaming Winks for the goal but his passing has been shocking tonight. No wonder he doesn’t play the ball forwards, i don’t think he has made a successful forward pass all first half.

Watching a different game. Yes Davies was to blame . Winks has been poor . Tom Carrol esq
Sideways and Backwards

Our front three have no gel and are not playing together. It makes forward passing a little tougher. Vinny is trying hard and getting better, but right now is playing as he probably is - high level second striker who'd roar in the Championship. Give him time but also let's be aware he is rawer than raw. Bale is a touch player these days and needs fast, quick movement and touches around him. Dele made a poor passing decision early in the game for me when he did not feed him in on the left...Dele was fine at 0-0 but has started to look lost to me. Reguilon and Davies are not in concert with each other. I think Winks has been decent TBH, he has constantly looked for the attacking ball but movement has been thin. I'd like Gio to take more carrying responsibility and earn a few free-kicks, Bergy looks a little distant. Generally we are being opus-muscled and that lack of synergy with the forward line is costing us.

Thst goal was entirely, 100% on Davies. No one else. This was down entirely to him and his crap attempt at a turn, and he has looked shaky at the back since.

Apart from him, the real failure has been leadership. No one in that side has had the balls to deck Alli for drifting around aimlessly like a petulant teenager, or Bergwijn for being so utterly useless Antwerp wouldn't have him. Or Bale, for that matter - anonymous against Antwerp? Christ.

It feels like Hojbjerg and Kane are literally the only guys in our side with the balls and heart to demand things from their team mates. And apparently the only ones with brains to direct the play as well - babying their team mates around, since they clearly lack brains of their own to do anything without being shouted at and told what to do.

So, bring them on, and let's salvage this. Christ. You'd think these lads could put away Antwerp without them, at least. Apparently not.

One player missed more than most is Hojberg. You can see he forces players to step up their game on the pitch, and he wouldn’t let some of the players get away with how they’re performing here....

Agreed. I was just saying the same to my mate.

Watching a different game. Yes Davies was to blame . Winks has been poor . Tom Carrol esq
Sideways and Backwards
Yup for me the goal was all down to Davies and Winks has been meh again and as has been most of the midfield. Dele and GLC have been a bit better but still meh. Vinnie probably been out best player, his flick-ons have been good.

They're so slow at getting the ball forward we're barely creating anything. Winks always playing the safe ball. Alli has been invisible for large parts of the game.
Winks has gone forward 90% of the time. Dele's passes created our best moments...

Nothing from Bale and Bergwijn is why we've had so little chances... those two have been very weak.

Still without Davies' brain fart we'd be nil nil at the break away from home.

Winks has gone forward 90% of the time. Dele's passes created our best moments...

Nothing from Bale and Bergwijn is why we've had so little chances... those two have been very weak.

Still without Davies' brain fart we'd be nil nil at the break away from home.

I think Bale needs the class around him to work one-touch and quick. That and he's finding his way. Bergy is just a matter of confidence and personality for me, he simply needs to believe he can and he then he would/will...

Sanchez and poor is a standard thing these days
He has to be outed in Jan/Summer

Sadly I agree. Davies’ mistake is a bad mistake no doubt but Sanchez showed a complete lack of awareness with how he’s tried to defend that. He’s put in a bad position by Davies but dealt very badly with it.

Back