• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Spurs v West Ham***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just realised, it’s been a bricky day for poor Gutterboy.

Not only did Spurs win, but Sheffield Wednesday also lost away at West Brom!

if Man U beat the Blades tomorrow he might have to top himself....

Ok, let’s test that...

@nayenezgani - meet “Water”....Now calm the feck down and chill!!!

Did it work?...

giphy.gif

Was there a social media ban in place for the players ?

I get they don’t tweet much when they lose, but tonight and since Mopo has left all the players have been all over it

@milo Son, Alli and Aurier for mom. Thought Aurier was good today. It was obvious that he had license to go forward, whilst Davies was told to hold back and keep it at least 3 at the back. But Aurier made the most of it, delivered a peach of an assist, and was solid defensively as well.
But Alli gets the vote from me. Thought he was bloody excellent today!

Last edited:
@milo Son, Alli and Aurier for mom. Thought Aurier was good today. It was obvious they he had license to go forward, whilst Davies was told to hold back and keep it at least 3 at the back. But Aurier made the most of it, delivered a peach of an assist, and was solid defensively as well.
But Alli gets the vote from me. Thought he was bloody excellent today!
Davies hanging back allowed Dier to occupy the space in front of the CBs rather than dropping in between them to make a three as he usually does.

switching to 3 at the back a lot when in possession, with Aurier pushed forward and Davies tucking in.......... and us today with one winger (Son) and one attacking full back on the other side. Interesting.
Precisely the wonk I advocated for us to implement. Dier in front of 3 centre backs and Son staying wide left.
Thanks for all the updates today. Obviously my wife booked us on a trip to Finland this weekend so I was trying to listen to the match as I walked across a snowy bridge into Sweden. Not ideal. Terrible service out here in the sticks

Attachments

• 2BAC0704-07FA-456B-9513-9EF6CC21E448.png
    2BAC0704-07FA-456B-9513-9EF6CC21E448.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 19
Precisely the wonk I advocated for us to implement. Dier in front of 3 centre backs and Son staying wide left.
Thanks for all the updates today.

I remember us discussing this as an option earlier in the season. Of course, we can wonk the other way with Foyth and Rose.

Was a much better watch today. For the first 20 mins or so it was all a bit restrained. But then the Front three prompted by Dele really started to kick into gear. They were linking up nicely and Dele was getting about the pitch and directing things superbly. Dier still looks a bit rusty, I think he is going to need a run of games to get back into any kind of good form for us. Aurier had one of his better games. I was thinking Harry was hardly involved all game apart from small link up play but then he pops up with a lovely header.

Shame we let them get two goals back and I thought our play dropped off with the substitutions. I really have got it in for Eriksen at the moment and I would rather he does not come on and Lo Celso does instead. Where was N'Dombele?? I saw him in training pictures. Was nice to see Winks playing a little further forward and I thought he had a good game.

Nice to get any win in the league at the moment. And nice to win away. That is 4 out of 5 wins at that hole of a stadium since they moved there. I think Jose can see he has some work to do with the defensive organization.

I remember us discussing this as an option earlier in the season. Of course, we can wonk the other way with Foyth and Rose.

I felt one of JM’s key decisions was making Alderweireld -as the senior- play left CB and playing Davies/Dier to protect. Simple and effective. He also has Aurier playing smarter. Add to that less playing out from the back and it was the simple adjustments which really paid the largest dividends.

@milo Aurier for me, thought he was superb

It was, indeed, “good” Aurier, albeit he was a shade away from conceding a stupid pen with that leap into the hammerback.

Cannot complain, good win far closer to a 4-1 than 3-2. JM’s post-match was very good and it is clear he sees all the issues crisply. I won’t allow myself to believe he really has changed as a person, simply because I don’t want to
be burnt again! But life is about putting the energy into now because the past is that. So yeah. Onwards!

I felt one of JM’s key decisions was making Alderweireld -as the senior- play left CB and playing Davies/Dier to protect. Simple and effective. He also has Aurier playing smarter. Add to that less playing out from the back and it was the simple adjustments which really paid the largest dividends.

The long balls won't suit Lloris, when he is back.

Back