• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn't Winks and Sissoko have a dreadful record when played together?

I don't know.

One has quick feet and can pass, the other...
One has strength, power and pace, the other...

Wierd that I am actually pleased Sissoko is back. Limited as he is, he's still some steel in midfield. Not easy to play against, and can bring the ball out. If Sissoko and Winks can form a partnership, on paper at least, they compliment.

But there is no doubt midfield is still a weak area of the team.

Wow, that line up is a surprise!!
Mainly because I had completely forgotten who plays for us!

That defence is definitely one for a physical battle - although Aurier, Sanchez and Dier all have a brain fart in them.
Man U have a lot of pace going fwd. So I expect that back to sit a lot. Maybe with the exception of Aurier with Sissoko covering.

Sanchez will have his hands full with the pace.

Winks-Sissoko at least they compliment each other. Not the most talentent midfield in the world, but a competent one.

I think that they've looked awful every time they've been paired in central midfield together. Hopefully, it is something that we've been working on in training but I don't think that they compliment each other based on previous performances.

I think that they've looked awful every time they've been paired in central midfield together. Hopefully, it is something that we've been working on in training but I don't think that they compliment each other based on previous performances.

If you could merge them into one footballer, they'd be awesome. The Arnie version not the Danny Devito one.

I don't know.

One has quick feet and can pass, the other...
One has strength, power and pace, the other...

Wierd that I am actually pleased Sissoko is back. Limited as he is, he's still some steel in midfield. Not easy to play against, and can bring the ball out. If Sissoko and Winks can form a partnership, on paper at least, they compliment.

But there is no doubt midfield is still a weak area of the team.

I'd be happier seeing him on the right or in a three man midfield.

I thought they held it together for most of last season and did a decent job while we waited for the investment in 2 more lavish CMs......oh wait.

I'd be happier seeing him on the right or in a three man midfield.

Does he have the skill to play there? With Son, Lamela, Moura, Bergie there are better players to play out there. Sissoko is best as a DM? Breaking up play, and occasionally driving forward towards the end of the game normally.

Does he have them skill to play there? With Son, Lamela, Moura, Bergie there are better players to play out there. Sissoko is best as a DM? Breaking up play, and occasionally driving forward towards the end of the game normally.

It's where Mourinho seems to prefer him. Sissoko isn't a DM, he might break up some play but he's primarily there to carry the ball forwards whilst Winks sits deep.

Disappointing line up

Was expecting Ndombele and GLC to be fitted into the line up. They are top class players and will actually link midfield to attack.

Now who will get the ball to Son and Kane.... Lamela? Winks? Hmmm. I don't really rate Bergwijn, not sure what he is really.

Very surprised that Toby is dropped for Dier. With Rashford bursting down the left, behind Aurier, Dier will be left with 2 positions to cover and will struggle and get pelters IMO.

Really want to see Ndombele deliver. Ultimately we need better players in CM or at least more rotation so Winks can give it his all.

>Sissoko and Winks :mad::(

I mean, they could both work paired with a DM, but otherwise, it's the same shambolic midfield we've struggled with for two-fold seasons now. Why?

Otherwise, all good. :)

They’ve got a rock solid midfield triangle. People may not be excited by Fred and McTominay but they win the all back and feed the pace and it was working pre lockdown.

Back