• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Swansea City***

Awright. You got you some nice tuneage. What's on the menu and what are you drinking?
Heart beat soundin'.
Ricocheting in their cage.
Thought I'd lose my balance.
With the grounds bounce and sway.
And all this violence.
And all this goes away.
And the vibes that rise like.
Fireflies illuminate our play.

Obviously about Spurs

This was obvious when they scored their goal. Spurs are massive massive bottlers.

This should be framed!

Seriously, when will we shed the shadows of our past and recognize what we have now? I can GENUINELY say I believe implicitly that we would win this game, even as the clock ticked down. Not because of my optimism but because we were doing more than enough and not giving up!

Don't let the shadows of pasts gone by prevent you from seeing what we are now mate.

This is Watford from last season all over again!

wmc12.jpg

was telling my mates it would be that in the 80th minute!

This should be framed!

Seriously, when will we shed the shadows of our past and recognize what we have now? I can GENUINELY say I believe implicitly that we would win this game, even as the clock ticked down. Not because of my optimism but because we were doing more than enough and not giving up!

Don't let the shadows of pasts gone by prevent you from seeing what we are now mate.

I disagree

Flapianksi only made his first meaningful save from Allis header... what did we do before that other than pass it slow and let them get organised

We weren't doing enough IMO

What changed was we inhected a little urgency into the game and wow... we scored

This should be framed!

100% agreed Steff!

But good luck convincing perennial pessimist naysayers like @Pirate55 and @Jurgen the German who seem to revel in any emergence of misfortune or discomfort.

So happy for @tommysvr being at his first match for a while as well. What a game to choose! Hoping for the same on Sat! :D

Cheers! Wasn't looking good for a while there. How much do you wish you could bottle that feeling after a goal? The celebrations for the second were wild, the third just a bit of disbelief.

Unbelievable start to the trip. Two matches to go, very confident of 6 points. How good is this team?

I disagree

Flapianksi only made his first meaningful save from Allis header... what did we do before that other than pass it slow and let them get organised

We weren't doing enough IMO

What changed was we inhected a little urgency into the game and wow... we scored

We never stopped working. We never stopped trying to find a way to be more effective despite several having an off-night/poor touches/not shooting. We broke several times, broke through them with ease, only to misplace the final pass, play a bricky cross, delay a cross a second too long and allow defenders to slide in and block.
We never looked beaten or resigned. Son raced after someone around the 78th minute and won a ball back deep, sprung up, took off looking for the return. The spirit was there. And you knew Poch would sub people and look for the tweak/subs that could click the final inch.

We wore Swansea down, and to be fair, this was a huge victory for superior fitness as well as mental strength. They gave everything stonewalling us but we wore and wore them down. We did more than enough to win in the first-half; we didn't score because we were wasteful. IMO.

Cheers! Wasn't looking good for a while there. How much do you wish you could bottle that feeling after a goal? The celebrations for the second were wild, the third just a bit of disbelief.

Unbelievable start to the trip. Two matches to go, very confident of 6 points. How good is this team?

delighted for you mate.

We never stopped working. We never stopped trying to find a way to be more effective despite several having an off-night/poor touches/not shooting. We broke several times, broke through them with ease, only to misplace the final pass, play a bricky cross, delay a cross a second too long and allow defenders to slide in and block.
We never looked beaten or resigned. Son raced after someone around the 78th minute and won a ball back deep, sprung up, took off looking for the return. The spirit was there. And you knew Poch would sub people and look for the tweak/subs that could click the final inch.

We wore Swansea down, and to be fair, this was a huge victory for superior fitness as well as mental strength. They gave everything stonewalling us but we wore and wore them down. We did more than enough to win in the first-half; we didn't score because we were wasteful. IMO.

If Son squared to Eriksen in the first few minutes instead of passing wider to Sissoko, we'd have scored and p1ssed the game imo.

Back