• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v Dortmund

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we need to play safe, and will likely have to draw them in to hit them on the break.

It probably suits our fit personell, and tactically makes the most sense.

If we try and dominate them we'll leave ourselves exposed and that could be a whole can of worms.

We need to play it smart.

1st leg both teams seemed like they wanted to play on the break in the first half, neither really committing. They cant really afford that approach this time so expect them to go hard from the off and us to go for counter. I'd be surprised if we cant pick them off once.

Interesting if Poch sticks with Kane upfront or chooses some kind of counter-attacking lineup like:
Lamela - Eriksen - Moura
---------------Son-----------------

Personally I'd like to see 2nd formation but think Poch will use Kane from the start.
Any news on Alli and Dier yet? Do they travel?

Interesting if Poch sticks with Kane upfront or chooses some kind of counter-attacking lineup like:
Lamela - Eriksen - Moura
---------------Son-----------------

Personally I'd like to see 2nd formation but think Poch will use Kane from the start.
Any news on Alli and Dier yet? Do they travel?
Kane will play. We played on the counter last time there, with Kane dropping into midfield when we don't have possession, and Son up front. Think we'll do the same now.

False 9 with Moura and Son high and wide. Knock the ball behind the FBs

Indeed; this a game to try and play deep/compact and hit them on the break. Have to be careful though, they have some intricate passing moves in the last third so we don't went them getting too close.

First goal crucial too..if we get it, i think their heads to go full throttle will drop - they are in a very tight title race now, much tighter than should have been the case actually. Their minds will turn to that if we score first imo, but if they score first they will see it as an opportunity to re-ignite their season and regain confidence...

It'll be interesting to see how Dortmund approach this game. They're doing a Liverpool right now, having blown a big lead for first place over Bayern, who drew level on points this weekend. Dortmund ran out pretty much their best side and still lost 2-1 to relegation battlers Augsburg.

Obviously, they'll want to give this a good go for their great fans. But they can't shoot their bolt on this game. They play a tougher trio of games than Bayern before the two meet in Munich in early April. Like Spurs, no one is expecting Dortmund to win the European Cup, but if they choke and lose the Bundesliga crown, there'll be a bitter taste for years to come.

We just need to keep the game scoreless for 50 or so minutes to get them fingering the ring of their parachutes.

With the game being on Tuesday we have a decent gap between it and the Southampton game. We need to win both. I would like to see a little consistency in the line up for the rest of the season, we need to get some rhythm going again. And we have like a three week break after this weekend. So plenty of time for the players to get in a rest. Three Center backs makes some sense considering their style of play up front.

----------------------Lloris-------------------------

-------Toby---------Davison-----------Jan--------

KWP------------------------------------------Rose
----------------Wanyama / Eriksen----------------

------Moura----------------------------Son--------
--------------------Kane--------------------------

I know KWP wont play. I am just picking him as its what I would like to see. Tripps and Aurier have both been pretty poor as late. Time for a change. Three center backs so Toby
and Jan can push on when we have a lot of possession. Rose to keep Sancho busy, he really dropped off in the first game when Poch pushed Jan on in the second half. So this time
Danny can take it to him.

We need some solidity in the middle whilst having some pace on the break. So Son and Moura to give them that threat. Eriksen moving a bit back. he seems off lately so making him
more of a link man for this game might get him back more involved.

kane likes a goal in Dortmund and so does Son.

Im thinking it will be a 1-1 draw.

I'd like to see the following, but expect Aurier to play instead of KWP and Sissoko instead of Dier

-------Toby---------Sanchez-----------JV--------

--KWP------------------------------------------Rose

----------------Dier---------Winks----------------

------Son----------------------------Eriksen--------

----------------------Kane--------------------------

subs: Gazza, Aurier, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Llorente

I think it'll be a tight game, and we might end up losing on the night, but we'll go through overall

I am not happy that Poch is again complaining that Dortmund has had an extra 24 hrs to prepare for this game. He is rapidly turning into a Moaning Minnie. Most un-Poch-like. Why is he "doing a Klopp" ?

Surely much better for the team to say nothing rather than put a ready made excuse in their minds. Not impressed by this from him at all.

I'd like to see the following, but expect Aurier to play instead of KWP and Sissoko instead of Dier

-------Toby---------Sanchez-----------JV--------

--KWP------------------------------------------Rose

----------------Dier---------Winks----------------

------Son----------------------------Eriksen--------

----------------------Kane--------------------------

subs: Gazza, Aurier, Davies, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Llorente

I think it'll be a tight game, and we might end up losing on the night, but we'll go through overall
Just swap Sissoko for KWP at right back.

Back