• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v City Sunday 4pm

That's because Paulinho is a much better player than that pile of crap Mason that cost us the game, again!

Mason has had a run I think Paulinho has not, he certainly looked good going forward today, the key for me is that it defines Bentalebs role, Bentaleb and Mason for me just don't work.

In fairness, Yedlin could be the next Cafu, but today was never going to be a game to give him prem time.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him on for the last 15 minutes or so as a winger ahead of Dier .

Both Chadli and Eriksen were poor and I felt Yedlin could've replaced either of them.

Is anyone else sick of commentators and pundits ignoring the fact that the top teams spend way more money than everyone else? Henry criticising Spurs right now for always finishing 5th or 6th, people always criticising Arsenal for not winning things... WHY THE fudge DO YOU THINK THAT IS YOU macaronIC clamS?! Here's the total net spend on transfer fees over the last 5 seasons:

Chelsea 272,000,000
Arsenal 98,000,000
Man C 328,000,000
Man U 273,000,000
Liverpool 130,000,000
Tottenham - 21,000,000 [yes that's a negative figure]
Southampton 32,000,000
Swansea 14,000,000
West Ham 82,000,000
Stoke 54,000,000

Notice a pattern you dimwitted bellends?!

I'm fast falling out of love with football - the financial disparity is making things pointless and annoying.

Henry is a seriously useless pundit. his 'solution' for arsenal's lack of title challenges was to replace the current gk with a world class one, the current cb with a world class one, the current dcm with a worldclass one, and also to bring in a worldclass striker. no brick sherlock

he offers nothing insightful, and often just ends up analysing players' reactions to each other.

Mason has had a run I think Paulinho has not, he certainly looked good going forward today, the key for me is that it defines Bentalebs role, Bentaleb and Mason for me just don't work.
You might be right,one or the other might help to define their role. Personally, I don't think either have a clue about planning DM. They don't read play well, their positioning is too far away from the CBs and their will to bust a gut to get goal-side of a dangerous break, although to be fair Mason did try to do this for their goal, just chose the wrong option to play offside, is non- existent. The number of times you see them jogging in the background as we concede indicates they are wrong for the role. As for their quality of forward passing, well what forward passing?
Hence, Scneiderling or someone who can just sit in front is essential.

You might be right,one or the other might help to define their role. Personally, I don't think either have a clue about planning DM. They don't read play well, their positioning is too far away from the CBs and their will to bust a gut to get goal-side of a dangerous break, although to be fair Mason did try to do this for their goal, just chose the wrong option to play offside, is non- existent. The number of times you see them jogging in the background as we concede indicates they are wrong for the role. As for their quality of forward passing, well what forward passing?

Schneidlerain plays more like Mason

Wanyama is the sitter

biggest collapse towards season's end in 6 years...

i'm not sure about poch now...even though were told its no good to keep changing the Manager.

Chelsea 272,000,000
Arsenal 98,000,000
Man C 328,000,000
Man U 273,000,000
Liverpool 130,000,000
Southampton 32,000,000
Swansea 14,000,000
West Ham 82,000,000
Stoke 54,000,000

shocked over these figures if true.. maybe money saved for the new ground?

on the positive side ..that makes us 4 times better than spammers..

its been a bitterly disappointing season and i'm not so sure how we'll pick up from here on.................how many players will stay..our better players that is?
and what about Adebyour ..whats he doing still hanging around.

Thought we were rather good. Definitely didn't deserve to lose that.

Again looking at our bench is a sad story, definitely need more options in attacking areas.

We had a decent game, realistically we created chances (could have been 3-0 up in first 5 minutes), we restricted them and played well.

City had a plan for Kane and (interestingly) our FBs .. outside of Kun & Hart, don't feel their players did that well either ..

Except we played with width, creating lots of opportunities through our FBs overlapping.

Can I correct that... we did get crosses - especially thanks to Dier who does this brilliantly - but because we had no width the cross started just beyond the half way line. Those are the easiest crosses to counter because the defender is watching them come at him and has his back to goal.

The really effective crosses are those from the byline or near the corner flag. Defenders are facing their goal with an opponent on theior blind side. We have not had one of those for more games than I can remember but those are the crosses that harm the opponent. But our lack of pace and width means that this vital part of the game is missing

Schneidlerain plays more like Mason

Wanyama is the sitter
I know but you don't really need two players there. Schneiderlin would be enough, as he has better quality and engine than either of Mason or Bentaleb. More importantly they need to know what they are doing.
Although, Wamyama is a capable player too whom we could do with.

I thought we played quite well today. The few times I've seen us play at our best level this season we've looked really good. I thought we did at times vs City today, but sadly don't manage to keep it up throughout the game (to be expected with such a young team, I reckon). That's something, at least.

Lamela was my man of the match today. Worked tirelessly.

Can I correct that... we did get crosses - especially thanks to Dier who does this brilliantly - but because we had no width the cross started just beyond the half way line. Those are the easiest crosses to counter because the defender is watching them come at him and has his back to goal.

The really effective crosses are those from the byline or near the corner flag. Defenders are facing their goal with an opponent on theior blind side. We have not had one of those for more games than I can remember but those are the crosses that harm the opponent. But our lack of pace and width means that this vital part of the game is missing
Lamela did deliver a ball such as that late on from the left, which they just about defended for a corner.
Rose had excellent positions, in space on the left but he was ignored.
Poch doesn't like conventional crosses so hence we have inverted wingers, so I can't see this changing.
I said during the game I would like to see Dier go ten yards further before crossing but even when he had grass to run into he chose to cross from deep.
I was hoping Yedlin came on that side it might have enabled him to run onto Dier's pass and get into a more threatening position. However, Dier has a turn of pace so I don't know why he didn't just push on?

Sure that's not your obsession with a back three clouding your view? We played with considerable width today and saw a lot of action in wide areas.

Spurs_City_Heat_Map.png

This is the front four + FBs for both sides.

Is anyone else sick of commentators and pundits ignoring the fact that the top teams spend way more money than everyone else? Henry criticising Spurs right now for always finishing 5th or 6th, people always criticising Arsenal for not winning things... WHY THE fudge DO YOU THINK THAT IS YOU macaronIC clamS?! Here's the total net spend on transfer fees over the last 5 seasons:

Chelsea 272,000,000
Arsenal 98,000,000
Man C 328,000,000
Man U 273,000,000
Liverpool 130,000,000
Southampton 32,000,000
Swansea 14,000,000
West Ham 82,000,000
Stoke 54,000,000

Notice a pattern you dimwitted bellends?!

I'm fast falling out of love with football - the financial disparity is making things pointless and annoying.
And not forgetting the obscene sums of money spent on the players' wages (Figures from http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/) over those 5 seasons:

Chelsea = £883,000,000
Emirates Marketing Project = £947,000,000
Arsenal = £699,000,000
Man Utd = £843,000,000
Liverpool = £649,000,000
Tottenham = £444,000,000
Southampton = £166,000,000
Swansea = £163,000,000
West Ham = £272,000,000
Stoke = £266,000,000

So adding the wages + transfer spending over the 5 years together:

Chelsea = £1,155,000,000
Emirates Marketing Project = £1,275,000,000
Arsenal = £797,000,000
Man Utd = £1,116,000,000
Liverpool = £779,000,000
Tottenham = £423,000,000
Southampton = £198,000,000
Swansea = £177,000,000
West Ham = £354,000,000
Stoke = £320,000,000

Probably no coincidence that the only 3 clubs to win the league in that period have spent over a £billion each!

Last edited:

I agree with what you say, one or the other with a disciplined DM, I thought Bentaleb was excellent in the second half today.

Back