• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Spurs v City Sunday 4pm

I think the point was more that it seems unfair to single out Mason for blame when our striker had misses that were just as bad.

He made a mistake against Aguero for the goal. Had he tracked him and the pass had come half a second later I'm sure people would be saying "why didn't he just play him offside, no fudgeing awareness". It's a mistake in a 3 vs. 3 counter attacking situation with Silva on the ball and Aguero on the move, with plenty of space to run into. Show me the player that doesn't make mistakes in those situations and I'll show you a world class player. You make it sound like it's a schoolboy unforced error.

I can't think of any player that would have done anything different other than trying to play offside

Mason caught up with aguero and then checked the run to see what he would do. In a split second a class pass and run was made between aguero and silva and they capitalised on it... Like aguero has done 21 other times this season. It was. A class goal

Mason may have been able to keep up with him, he may not and it would have made it harder to score but I genuinely think what Mason did wasn't out of the ordinary other than playing offside

Has someone got a gif of the goal? Loris collapsed and Aguero pinged it high off the post, great finish. I wonder if Lorries could have come out more, he probably would have against Crouch

I think the point was more that it seems unfair to single out Mason for blame when our striker had misses that were just as bad.

He made a mistake against Aguero for the goal. Had he tracked him and the pass had come half a second later I'm sure people would be saying "why didn't he just play him offside, no fudgeing awareness". It's a mistake in a 3 vs. 3 counter attacking situation with Silva on the ball and Aguero on the move, with plenty of space to run into. Show me the player that doesn't make mistakes in those situations and I'll show you a world class player. You make it sound like it's a schoolboy unforced error.

You do have a good point and to be honest if Mason's decision had been a one off I would 100% agree with you. However Mason and Bebtaleb have been doing similar all season, they very rarely track runners who get in behind them and its something we HAVE to sort out during the summer. Mason is a decent player but he is being asked to do something which he is unable to do.

Has someone got a gif of the goal? Loris collapsed and Aguero pinged it high off the post, great finish. I wonder if Lorries could have come out more, he probably would have against Crouch

Really don't think anyone can look at Lloris in that scenario, if he had managed to block it, it would have been completely amazing ..

If your defense leaves Aquero 1:1 with your keeper in the box .. more likely that not, you will concede.

a few things from yesterday i havent read others comments so dont know if i have a completely different view

We were excellent up to their goal and it really took the stuffing out of the crowd and the team
We made about 6 decent chances one of those would normally go in
Soldado was awful as soon as he came on i watched him, he couldnt hold it up and looked lost
Lamela was equally as bad, if given space he can be excellent but too often he looks like holtby running around but not achieving a lot
Bentaleb did very well, Mason looks like he needs to put a stone of muscle on

I found it a depressing watch; it felt like we'd reverted to all the flaccidity of the post-Bale days to me. We looked on top for ten minutes, while they were asleep, but, of course, didn't put away any of the chances we created. Then a straightforward counter-attack from our corner, two passes, won them the game. Lamela (I think it was) floundering in no-man's land instead of closing down Silva -- he actually ran away from him, I think, followed by Mason allowing Aguero the freedom of the 18-yard area. It was actually a very apposite two-fingered answer to all our ponderous to-ing and fro-ing.

I found it a depressing watch; it felt like we'd reverted to all the flaccidity of the post-Bale days to me. We looked on top for ten minutes, while they were asleep, but, of course, didn't put away any of the chances we created. Then a straightforward counter-attack from our corner, two passes, won them the game. Lamela (I think it was) floundering in no-man's land instead of closing down Silva -- he actually ran away from him, I think, followed by Mason allowing Aguero the freedom of the 18-yard area. It was actually a very apposite two-fingered answer to all our ponderous to-ing and fro-ing.

Excellent post! Reminds me when we lost to Chelsea last season. Everyone was saying we had played well, kept possessions and were "unlucky" to lose.

What would we have given for Bentekes goals in the last 10 games. Could have shot us to CL?

Just saying...........

What would we have given for Bentekes goals in the last 10 games. Could have shot us to CL?

Just saying...........

There are role saying that a striker signing isn't a priority... Seeing both ade and soldado on and still offer us nothing makes me beg to differ
We need at least 2 top drawer strikers to compete

Can you remind me of the results and performances against City in the post-Bale days you're talking about?

They took their chances, we didn't. Even after they took the lead we still created plenty of chances. Against top 4 teams if you don't take your chances and they do that's pretty much going to be a lost game.

Absolutely nothing like the treatment we got from top 4 teams in some of those games post-Bale.

Excellent post! Reminds me when we lost to Chelsea last season. Everyone was saying we had played well, kept possessions and were "unlucky" to lose.

Plenty of posts about how we've been lucky to win when we've won without playing well... I suppose you describe us as "lucky" in those instances?

Brilliant work; please make a chart (omit the bottom 4) and ensure someone on Twitter makes it go viral. Ta
Well FWIW... The 'Sky 5' have spent approximately £5.12billion on their squads over the past 5 years, compared to a combined total of £4.01billion between the other 15 Premier League clubs.

5bepev.jpg

Thank you Steve, that really shows (1) the disparity with the Sky 5 and (2) that net transfer fees make up a tiny figure compared to wages, so why do fans focus on fees not wages?

Now all we need is for a prominent Twitterer like Sir Gary Lineker to retweet it.

Can you remind me of the results and performances against City in the post-Bale days you're talking about?

They took their chances, we didn't. Even after they took the lead we still created plenty of chances. Against top 4 teams if you don't take your chances and they do that's pretty much going to be a lost game.

Absolutely nothing like the treatment we got from top 4 teams in some of those games post-Bale.

Nothing to do with City per se. Just the general thrusting of that same ol' limp dingdong of petered-out attacks and missed chances.

Err...mods?? Why has Bullet somehow kept his avatar?

I'm no high priest of the ancient OMT Gods, but I think even they have written off the rest of the season and stopped caring about the results.

Either that or the OMTs have been such massive utter dumpster fires that even the OMT Gods have just turned their heads and given up...

We were lampooned by @braineclipse @parklane1 and others, when @Pirate55 and I suggested to go three at the back if Rose was not fit:

Really? Townsend and Yedlin as wing backs in a for us completely new system is the best formation we can use to retain some degree of solidity? Some claim to make.

The arguments against switching to a back 3 before have not been based on the tactical ineptitude of our coach or players... Why that would be the case now I don't know...

Because we saw against the Saints that we were woefully narrow. We were lucky to get a point thanks to two brilliant passes from Dier. But other than that we did SFA and should have been spanked.

If Rose is unable to play (which was the original premise) are you really advocating a back four of Dier - Fazio - Chiriches - Vertonghen? And with no wingers?

Successful teams can play 3 different formations, sometimes even in the same game yet we will apparently break apart at the seams if we play three at the back?

I trust it is now painfully clear what level of solidity we get playing our 4 centre backs together....

Back