• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Arsenal

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Davies was rather good!

It’s all down to personal interpretation. I thought Davies looked clumsy, and these days he’s a centre back playing at left back. I want left back to offer more. That said, if his shot had gone in, then he would have naturally been placed higher up my list.

Second half he did well. First half I thought he was diabolical.

Sissoko should be higher on that list too. Worked his nuts off, stopped 3 very dangerous attacks I can remember and did brilliantly at the end to carry the ball and draw a free kick.

Awful on the ball but he does serve a purpose.

Fair point about Sissoko. He did put in a big shift. He doesn’t stop running. But I think he often lets us down in attacking plays when he runs like an excited child with the ball. Love his heart, need to upgrade his technical skills.

I've never seen a team miskick a pass straight out of play so often as they did today -- crazy, happened about 8 times.
They looked to be dominating like we have of late
All the ball and nothing with it
Yet when we do that we get pelters
Didn't we play some games earlier on before lockdown where we just sat back and then came on stronger last 10 mins (Liverpool. Emirates Marketing Project??)...that said we did look genuinely tired today

Nice one. Poor start to the 2nd half but overall we had better chances.

We really need better decision making in the final third. There were more than a few shots that were absolutely the wrong choice. It didn't matter in the end but it could have.

COYS.
At least we got to a position where a decision needs to be made:D

Really feared the worst going in to the game so to come away with a win is fantastic - hopefully it's something we can build on from here.

Was tending to the bbq for most of the game so didn't do much more then check in and see what was going on every so often - how did we play overall?

Fair point about Sissoko. He did put in a big shift. He doesn’t stop running. But I think he often lets us down in attacking plays when he runs like an excited child with the ball. Love his heart, need to upgrade his technical skills.

Wouldn’t disagree with that. There was one 5 yard first time pass he played over the touch line first half. There was the chance that he panicked on and his movement just before that was the movement of a man who had no idea where to go. He’s terribly limited but his effort is first class.

my word, what a result in a time of uncertainty and largely uninspiring footy - basically a mid table battle, but it puts a smile on our faces

i wonder what happens next ? don't have long to wait, and only 3 more left - cross fingers from here on in, and pray we finish as high up as we can

It’s all down to personal interpretation. I thought Davies looked clumsy, and these days he’s a centre back playing at left back. I want left back to offer more. That said, if his shot had gone in, then he would have naturally been placed higher up my list.

So you are criticising him for playing the role he is asked to play?

Really feared the worst going in to the game so to come away with a win is fantastic - hopefully it's something we can build on from here.

Was tending to the bbq for most of the game so didn't do much more then check in and see what was going on every so often - how did we play overall?

Pretty well. A typical Mourinho performance in a big game but we offered a lot more than we have of late.

We were largely in control defensively, while scum had most of the possession. We looked a bit shaky in the beginning of the second half, but the water break seemed to inspire us, took a lot of counter attacks and created a few chances. 75% of the game we were positive, I thought. Sound defensively, and looked to take our chances on the counter. Also, more will and guts from everyone all around than anything we've seen for a long while.

Pretty well. A typical Mourinho performance in a big game but we offered a lot more than we have of late.
I'd say pretty well until about 70 mins in. We started to look very tired at that point and a draw was quite likely.

Saw it out solidly after our second though.

He doesn't lose these games, that was known, but for me, the biggest bonus was how he went with a 4-4-2. Much more comfortable given our limited resources at FB and CM. I have to hand it to Moura, today was (for me) his best performance in many months, and he actually created as well as just ran and solo'd. I cannot personally remember Harry missing so many chances, but overall this was exactly what I hoped it might be -a decent boost- and perhaps there is something to move forward with providing the manager gets what he needs and wants.
Lovely.
@milo Lucas just because he was so markedly better than usual.

Back