• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Saudi Sportswashing Machine player lost the ball with an awful pass and jumped into Hojbjerg. If anything, it was a free to us. A laughable decision.

Betting Jose is completely sarcastic next in his interview coz if he says what he thinks, he’ll end up in jail.

That was a joke.

Ultimately we have to take our chances.

Amazing performance from their keeper. On another day we could have easily won with a big scoreline.

The positives were us moving the ball and making runs with much more intent than we have recently. I hope Mourinho keeps the team on that. In the final third we lack composure sometimes. That's something that he needs to change next. Remember Guardiola lamenting City not taking chances soon after he took over? We need to change the mentality here too. So many openings. Whether Davies crossing when he could have got his head down and shoot, to Doherty getting a shot off, to LeCelco, Dier, Sanchez not converting an opening...literally the whole team need to be focused on nestling the ball into the net at the merest opening. Outside of Son and Kane we are not clinical in front of goal. That has to change.

That penalty shouldn't of mattered, we should have finished that game off for it to be just a consolation for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

However, WTF!?!?!? flimflam rules, beyond ridiculous and why did the ref only look at the one view of the incident that made it look far worse than it was?

ROBBED.
Is a fair summary

VAR is there to enforce the rules. The rule was enforced correctly. It's the fudging rule that is the problem not VAR.

keep making excuses as much as you want, as i said VAR was SUPPOSED ( or so i was told by those who welcomed it into the game) to make the game better with less poor decisions, instead its made far more and its not just the odd game its seems its every game that is played.

keep making excuses as much as you want, as i said VAR was SUPPOSED ( or so i was told by those who welcomed it into the game) to make the game better with less poor decisions, instead its made far more and its not just the odd game its seems its every game that is played.
It's not making excuses, it's fact. If it was the handball rule from last year VAR would've ruled it was not a penalty. Under the rules this year it is a penalty, you need to split the rules from what VAR is supposed to do, two different things.

Watching the replay and given Carroll is a good header of the ball, it looks like his header is being directed at Dier -and away from the goal.. I would say if any forward gets up and heads down towards the defenders the odds of getting a penalty must be fairly high. And as a tactic fairly productive.

It's not making excuses, it's fact. If it was the handball rule from last year VAR would've ruled it was not a penalty. Under the rules this year it is a penalty, you need to split the rules from what VAR is supposed to do, two different things.

I disagree with you but that is fine, VAR is causing far more problems then before some idiot decided it would be good for the game.

Watching the replay and given Carroll is a good header of the ball, it looks like his header is being directed at Dier -and away from the goal.. I would say if any forward gets up and heads down towards the defenders the odds of getting a penalty must be fairly high. And as a tactic fairly productive.
like mane flicking the ball at sissoko's hand in the ucl final, opportunity taking

He was appealing before he headed it
It’s was all he did once he came on

It wasn't a poor decision, it was correct to the rules. It is the rule that is wrong.

@milo PEH MOTM for me
I don’t rate him but today he was excellent
The free kick against him for their goal was an absolute joke of a call

I don’t think we had one player nor perform at a suitable level today’s be they worked hard

We missed too many chances but that’s not new.

I actually thought it was an excellent team performance. PEH showed his passing ability. We know we should have been out of sight today. I can't think of a game under Mourinho where we've created more chances, can you? We had so many openings. Credit to Saudi Sportswashing Machine they just just managed to keep Son and Kane out. If you do that, the rest of the team are not reliable finishers. Bale and Regulion are needed.

Back