• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT roosters Vs Magpies ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really gets worse, i keep getting told by ( mostly armchair fans) that VAR would help the game progress, stop all the moaning and complaining by fans and players, make the game have less contensious decisions.

What we have ended up with is a fudging disgrace and it really is killing the game, there are far more poor decisions being made and its splitting the fans opinions on far more occasions then before VAR.

Of course they will be those that will defend VAR, mostly by the same folks who kept telling us it would make the game fairer, its a joke.

There is so much wrong with the way video refs have been implemented in the PL.

1. Offsides. The cameras don't take enough frames to use VAR conclusively for offside. The ball is a blur when it's deemed to have left the boot. So go with the on-the-pitch refs decision if in doubt. In this game that's no pen.

2. Dier had a little push in the back, which probably pushed his arm outwards. Does the video ref go into such granular details? No. If in doubt go with the refs verdict on the pitch. No pen.

3. Point blank hand-balls shouldn't be a pen. Yes the rules have it wrong, but take the Southampton game. Ball cannons off winks heal hits the defender's arm - pen given. The rules say that such instances shouldn't be a pen.

What happened to "clear and obvious"? The idea was simple, anything that is obviously a mistake, help the ref out and flag it up. That was the intention of VAR, not this shambles.

On offsides I think there’s a fairly easy fix:

Make it so that if any part of the body (Excluding arms) is onside then the player is onside.

If it’s VAR checked then you have a margin of error that is the width of the ball which accounts for the frame rate of the camera and not being able to see exactly the moment when the ball was released.

That way it favours attackers and there’ll be more goals. Seems fairer to me.

There are only two ways to benefit from the new offside rules: 1. Shoot more from outside the box, whether it hits the goal or a defender you can get something from it, or 2. We need to begin to play in red shirts.

The first half was good though, the best I've seen us play for ages. Though it has to be said that at this pace, Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be relegated.

yep. That’s what I mean that’s it’s not even consistent.

if the rule is hits the hand and it’s handball then give it every time ffs.

Also Chelsea’s third goal yesterday hit the arm more blatantly.

His arms weren't up

It really gets worse, i keep getting told by ( mostly armchair fans) that VAR would help the game progress, stop all the moaning and complaining by fans and players, make the game have less contensious decisions.

What we have ended up with is a fudging disgrace and it really is killing the game, there are far more poor decisions being made and its splitting the fans opinions on far more occasions then before VAR.

Of course they will be those that will defend VAR, mostly by the same folks who kept telling us it would make the game fairer, its a joke.
VAR is there to enforce the rules. The rule was enforced correctly. It's the fudging rule that is the problem not VAR.

As a defender when the ball is hit long into the box like today and the Brighton game yesterday you are better off not jumping and going for the second ball if it heads towards a more dangerous area

Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Steve Bruce talking to Sky Sports: "I can understand why Spurs will go beserk and Roy Hodgson reacted like he did. It is a total nonsense, we should be jumping through hoops but I would be devastated if that was us. Maybe Roy is right, maybe we all need to get together. The decisions are ruining the spectacle. We have to get together as managers and say this must stop.

"If our goalkeeper didn't play as well first half they would have been out of sight. Second half we were better and posed a bit of a threat. Our goalkeeper has got us a point and a decision that went our way."

And this is the manager of the side who have just gotten out of jail because of the decision.

That man just went up in my estimation.

Back