• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manure***

I'm sure we wont. We spend €100m on Sarr, Royal and Gil.
Sarr may end up proving to be a good signing, he was always for 2 to 3 seasons’ time.

Royal and Gil were signed for the previous manager who wanted to play with a RB and LW. Assuming Conte stays (I know probably only a 50-50 chance) then Paratici would have no problem finding him a far better LWB than Regi for €42m…. Of course that doesn’t factor in Levy bringing in a 4-3-3 manager as soon as Conte walks just after we’ve signed a couple of top class wing backs!

Last edited:
Bentancur was poor I agree. Doherty played well. Was an attacking threat and defended well. I think you’re barking up the wrong tree if you’re trying to apportion the blame for us picking up zero points at his door.
When you lose the ball the way Bentancur and Doherty lost it în this match, it affects your all round game. Instead of attacking, your are running back to defend, instead of gaining morale and Flow, you lose faith and decide to defend with more people because you do not have faith în your game. Bentancur and Doherty lost the game for us today. You look on the bench and ask yourself what Flow would've Winks and Royal bring, NONE. I'm tired of people defending lucklastre performances. Who do you think Conte is talking about when he says we are miles away from the top teams? I'll give you a hint, its not Kane, Son, Romero, Lloris, Skipp... Doherty is the worst player of our first 11. The only assist I remember him giving was with his ass.

When you lose the ball the way Bentancur and Doherty lost it în this match, it affects your all round game. Instead of attacking, your are running back to defend, instead of gaining morale and Flow, you lose faith and decide to defend with more people because you do not have faith în your game. Bentancur and Doherty lost the game for us today. You look on the bench and ask yourself what Flow would've Winks and Royal bring, NONE. I'm tired of people defending lucklastre performances. Who do you think Conte is talking about when he says we are miles away from the top teams? I'll give you a hint, its not Kane, Son, Romero, Lloris, Skipp... Doherty is the worst player of our first 11. The only assist I remember him giving was with his ass.
And yet Son was terrible today, the worst player on the pitch and Romero ended up losing us the game with his appalling marking (again!) from a corner.

Pretty sure Doherty got 2 assists in the Everton game on Monday and would’ve had 3 of them if Son’s finishing hadn’t turned to brick

Sarr may end up proving to be a good signing, he was always for 2 to 3 seasons’ time.

Royal and Gil were signed for a the previous manager who wanted to play with a RB and LW. Assuming Conte stays (I know probably only a 50-59 chance) then Paratici would have no problem finding him a far better LWB than Regi for €42m…. Of course that doesn’t factor in Levy bringing in a 4-3-3 manager as soon as Conte walks just after we’ve signed a couple of top class wing backs!
We never replaced Walker and like that old lady în Titanic said, its been 84 years. We never replaced Eriksen, we never replaced Moussa, we never replaced Bale or Luka. First of all you are assuming we will pay €42m on the next LWB that we buy. That is a rookie mistake, you obviously temporarily forgot the bald man that will offer Onomah+3 mil. If Reggie leaves, LWB will be another money draining hole that we will try to plug every year, like we are doing at RWB. Seasons lost, one after the another, while we play roullette with our signings and lose more often that not. Seasons that will age Son and Kane and wil bring to us other bigger holes to plug with average players. We let Walker go for 50m and have spent double that with no resolve.

Last edited:
You didn’t watch the Everton game then?
How easy it is to forget, sure base your assessment on the 5-0 win against a relegation team, against which all players played well. Doherty is a pump and dump at best, that is if we can get him to pump more than 2 games.

And yet Son was terrible today, the worst player on the pitch and Romero ended up losing us the game with his appalling marking (again!) from a corner.

Pretty sure Doherty got 2 assists in the Everton game on Monday and would’ve had 3 of them if Son’s finishing hadn’t turned to brick
Comparing Doherty to Son and Romero and somehow pulling him to be the better player. Son has been huge for us, top scorers în the PL, one of our best. Conte said he would pay £50m for Romero no problem, voted best defender în the Serie A last year, and you are telling me about Doherty? Most would have sold him for 5m to bring Adama here 45 day ago. Someone plays a decent match and everyone forgets he was useless în the last 40.

We never replaced Walker and like that old lady în Titanic said, its been 84 years. We never replaced Eriksen, we never replaced Moussa, we never replaced Bale or Luka. First of all you are assuming we will pay €42m on the next LWB that we buy. That is a rookie mistake, you obviously temporarily forgot the bald man that will offer Onomah+3 mil. If Reggie leaves, LWB will be another money draining hole that we will try to plug every year, like we are doing at RWB. Seasons lost, one after the another, while we play roullette with our signings and lose more often that not. Seasons that will age Son and Kane and wil bring to us other bigger holes to plug with average players. We let Walker go for 50m and have spent double that with no resolve.
I absolutely hate this bollox that is repeatedly trot out that we didn't replace player x or player y. You don't have to replace players like for like, you need players that suit the current system. Eriksen had a lot of trouble fitting into Contes system at inter and there is no role in the team like when he was here.

Comparing Doherty to Son and Romero and somehow pulling him to be the better player. Son has been huge for us, top scorers în the PL, one of our best. Conte said he would pay £50m for Romero no problem, voted best defender în the Serie A last year, and you are telling me about Doherty? Most would have sold him for 5m to bring Adama here 45 day ago.
Son hasn't been huge for us for a while, he's been poor to average for most of this year.

I don't think anyone would've sold Doherty to get Traore. Read the transfer thread to see the general opinion on Traore.

Comparing Doherty to Son and Romero and somehow pulling him to be the better player. Son has been huge for us, top scorers în the PL, one of our best. Conte said he would pay £50m for Romero no problem, voted best defender în the Serie A last year, and you are telling me about Doherty? Most would have sold him for 5m to bring Adama here 45 day ago. Someone plays a decent match and everyone forgets he was useless în the last 40.
I am talking about the game today and today only. Trying to apportion the blame on Doherty for taking zero points against Man Utd shows no understanding of today’s game at all IMO.

Wum

I absolutely hate this bollox that is repeatedly trot out that we didn't replace player x or player y. You don't have to replace players like for like, you need players that suit the current system. Eriksen had a lot of trouble fitting into Contes system at inter and there is no role in the team like when he was here.
We have few players which are technically gifted enough to provide that final pass. Maybe Eriksen not, maybe. But the others would have been great: Walker, Bale, Modric.

We have few players which are technically gifted enough to provide that final pass. Maybe Eriksen not, maybe. But the others would have been great: Walker, Bale, Modric.
Replacing Bale and Modric should've been easy, not like they were two of the top players in the world...
Walker isn't great technically and gives very few final passes, it's his physical abilities that make him the player that he is.

Time for bed said Zebedee......

I am talking about the game today and today only. Trying to apportion the blame on Doherty for taking zero points against Man Utd shows no understanding of today’s game at all IMO.
Like I previously said, he lost a lot of easy balls, cant make a 2 meter pass. The kind of mistakes he and Betancur made today is what ruins a team's Flow and confidence. There was no ONE player to pin this on, if that is what you are wanting to hear. But a sum of below average performances made this loss and his was one of them.

Like I previously said, he lost a lot of easy balls, cant make a 2 meter pass. The kind of mistakes he and Betancur made today is what ruins a team's Flow and confidence. There was no ONE player to pin this on, if that is what you are wanting to hear. But a sum of below average performances made this loss and his was one of them.

Rubbish, almost every goal we have conceded has come from the exact same place, the left hand side 30 yards from goal.
Theres a huge hole where peh and son are not doing their jobs.
Look at Doherty and kulu on the other, working as a pair, supporting each other and Bentancur.
Son has been a disgrace, he has left sess in particular terribly exposed.
Most of our goals have involved Doherty.

Back