• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Manure***

Cue lots of interviews about how we need to bounce back strongly and learn from this type of defeat.

What were you guys expecting?. We beat everton in our last game so we were bound to drop points in this one.

We will probably now go and get an easy win at brighton then come back and lose to west ham

Can exactly see this. Reaction on Weds. Conte will be all happy again, and then next weekend somebody will falter above us to give us them chance to gain points on them, and we will f#ck it up, to give us something to dwell on during another international break. Roll on Summer as another season fades out in front of us

Decent game, I thought.

• United sat back and dared us to break them down, we couldn't, and we will not be able to with a midfield as limited as Hojbjerg and Bentancur.
  • Eventually, their superior quality told. Don't kid yourself - they have better players in every single area of the pitch bar striker. Dier, Davies et al, in terms of quality, were always going to be outmatched against players that cost half a billion. Poor management is why they are where they are, not quality.
  • No quick fixes to this side. Mentality poor, quality poor, and we only play one way, counter at speed. Anything else, we struggle.
  • We gave it go, which is all you can expect, as I keep saying. Do not expect this side to show up, to play up to expectations. Those expectations were set when we were good. We are not good now, we are a corpse on life support because we have one of the game's best managers.
Write this season off, your mental health will be better for it and what happens in the summer, happens. In the longer term..well, you know my views. Nothing changes until ENIC leave, and this script has been on repeat for 20 years now.

More important things going on in the world right now anyway, which have kept me occupied for the last few weeks. So take a break, lads.

He was much better than the lad next to him. If Winks put in a performance like Bentancur, he'd be getting slated on here.

I totally disagree, never in rigbt place, passes to players under pressure and not tracking runners.
And as for pointing, id break that fudging finger off and shove it up hus brick hole until he squeaked.

So fudging frustrated with that. That's as bad a United side as we've played up there and we fudging showed our soft underbelly again. Need a result? Play fudging Tottenham.

Thought PEH was very good. Romero too. Kulu looks a player. The rest mixed good with bad and sometimes catastrophically. Bentancur was poor after some good performances recently. He gave credence to Sherwoods argument that he goes back and sideways. Every time. In fairness, he kept showing for the ball. Kane was poor. Son kept slipping over. It was unbelievable.

A United supporting mate went to the game. Texted me to say "I hope United show some balls tomorrow". My reply was "if there is one team you don't need to show any balls against and you can still win, it's Spurs." And so it proved.

fudging sickened.
Garbage Re Bentancur, he made some mistakes today but going sideways or backwards wasn't one of them.

Going behind repeatedly isn't great for us when we're so clearly at our best when counter attacking.

Last goal against, not much to do, heart delivery, Doherty does what would usually be enough. First two. We're organised, balanced, all of a sudden we're not. That's rather poor, then Dier backing off Ronaldo for the first one and Reguilon playing onside for the second.

Left ourselves with too much to do, got back twice, but can't just keep giving away stuff like this.

And, as a closing note, Son has well and truly lost it today. No quality on or off the ball, slipped and slid continuously, literally fell over thrice with no real pressure.

Dunno what he's got, but bench him before he costs us worse.

Decent game, I thought.

• United sat back and dared us to break them down, we couldn't, and we will not be able to with a midfield as limited as Hojbjerg and Bentancur.
  • Eventually, their superior quality told. Don't kid yourself - they have better players in every single area of the pitch bar striker. Dier, Davies et al, in terms of quality, were always going to be outmatched against players that cost half a billion. Poor management is why they are where they are, not quality.
  • No quick fixes to this side. Mentality poor, quality poor, and we only play one way, counter at speed. Anything else, we struggle.
  • We gave it go, which is all you can expect, as I keep saying. Do not expect this side to show up, to play up to expectations. Those expectations were set when we were good. We are not good now, we are a corpse on life support because we have one of the game's best managers.
Write this season off, your mental health will be better for it and what happens in the summer, happens. In the longer term..well, you know my views. Nothing changes until ENIC leave, and this script has been on repeat for 20 years now.

More important things going on in the world right now anyway, which have kept me occupied for the last few weeks. So take a break, lads.
and i thought we should have done that, let them have the ball, sit back and counter

Decent game, I thought.

Totally agree about writing this season off. The key is levy making conte happy with his summer presents. Next season we can stress about what happens.

We look good against teams who come at us and allow us to counter quickly. But teams who negate that by sitting back will always have a lot of joy as we miss a really creative midfielder to open things up.

Back