• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Dycheball***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, that's the life of a Spurs supporter isn't it? Everyone plays great in the 2nd half v Dortmund and today, the ONLY player who gave a decent performance was Kane. I thought everyone else ranged from quite poor to total garbage.

Shake it off and get back in the saddle for Wednesday. Deep down, we know we ain't a title winning team right now, but a top 3 position is there for us, so let's go and get a minimum of 4 points from Chelsea and Arsenal and all but secure it.
Spot on. While we are ‘in the mix’, we have to remember that we are at a huge disadvantage to Emirates Marketing Project and Pool and are doing amazingly well this season. And for some winning a trophy is the most important thing it is obvious that as a club getting back in the CL is the priority, and we are on course to do that again.

Spot on. While we are ‘in the mix’, we have to remember that we are at a huge disadvantage to Emirates Marketing Project and Pool and are doing amazingly well this season. And for some winning a trophy is the most important thing it is obvious that as a club getting back in the CL is the priority, and we are on course to do that again.

Yeah, to win the league, we have to pretty much win every game and I don't think we are good enough at the back to get the results against City and Liverpool. I'm expecting one point at the most from those two. I fancy us to respond against Chelsea mid-week, but a point wouldn't be a disaster frmo that one. Beat the goons, and we are looking good for top 3.

Yeah, to win the league, we have to pretty much win every game and I don't think we are good enough at the back to get the results against City and Liverpool. I'm expecting one point at the most from those two. I fancy us to respond against Chelsea mid-week, but a point wouldn't be a disaster frmo that one. Beat the goons, and we are looking good for top 3.

6 points from the next two and all is forgiven for today. Less than 3 and I’m sure we’ll all be in crisis mode.

6 points from the next two and all is forgiven for today. Less than 3 and I’m sure we’ll all be in crisis mode.

I fully expect us to be in crisis by the weekend. Well the media will play it that way. Because it is either one thing or the other.

If levy and Poch get on as well as they make out, they could do with a night down the dog and duck getting rat arsed, blow the collywoobs away.

Won’t happen if we play like today!
Even Chelsea and Arsenal can beat that!

Just like we were never going to play well enough to win 16 games, we won’t play as badly 2 or 3 games in a row. Guaranteed. We’ll be much better on Wednesday. Sometimes, teams just have bad days.

I'm usually pretty calm about Spurs defeats, but this one has me burning. So much blame to hand around. I'd have started Llorente with Kane. Eriksen was non-existent today. Vaporous. Lame effort. Normally, I'm a Sissoko supporter, but wind back the play on both Burnley goals and you'll see him responsible for a misplay that led to the Burnley build up. Aurier was weak and lazy. I thought this guy had the wheels to beat a man one-v-one.

Gotta say, Burnley were on their game. I like that full back Hendricks. And how come we don't have a big bastard like Chris Wood? Second time he's scored against us.

Hendricks is a winger or creative MF
Their system is look for set pieces or direct balls
They are basically the new stoke

I suggested wood before as Kane back up... I got laughed at

They were together at Leicester

It is obvious that against some attackers he simply lacks the physical strength, hopefully it will come with time

He’s a nice ball player but his decision making is terrible. He committed himself first half and got rolled to leave them in a good crossing position. His booking was a very rash decision too. Someone posted a while back that he’s ahead of Sanchez in the pecking order. No chance for me. Both are error prone but Foyth’s mistakes usually come because he’s trying to do the wrong thing.

He has potential but he has much work to do to be ready for this level.

Winks was poor
Sissoko was busy
Neither were helped by eriksen being really poor too

I think several factors played in here.

1) Eriksen was far too deep first-half.
2) Burnley are a horrible side; every time we broke a tackle and looked to surge through the middle they fouled us to stop the game. Dean let it go all game. Little fouls that disrupted the rhythm. Nasty.
3) Sonny clearly suffered from Hazza's return, and I was surprised to see him up top like that and not given more freedom.
4) Have to say I personally hoped Hazza would come on a s a second-half sub and that we'd start with Llorente up top and allow Rose and Aurier to ping balls at him for Sonny to feed off knock-downs.
5) Even in the second-half, when he was pushed further forwards, Eriksen was disappointing in terms of his speed of play. Unlike him. Several times, rather than whip the ball in, or try something, he'd check and check again. Strange.

Onwards. We will be fine.

p.s. yes, admittedly Sissoko had a poor game.

The sports media must be run by a bunch of drama queens!
If I hear the Liverpool trailer anymore I’ll have a hissy fit!

Disappointing how many people are buying into some narrative that this is typical Tottenham. Sky is nauseating. Don’t live in their world.

We lost a hard away game and didn’t play well. We’ll be back. A reminder that we didn’t sign anyone this summer and haven’t got back in our home ground yet. If we were going to win the title, it probably wasn’t going to be this season.

Completely agree.

It’s as though it’s illegal to lose a game of football if you’re Spurs.

Even before the first whistle the comms said something like, will Spurs do what they usually do? Did he mean eventually lose a game of football? I’d say yes - it’s likely!

Completely agree.

It’s as though it’s illegal to lose a game of football if you’re Spurs.

Even before the first whistle the comms said something like, will Spurs do what they usually do? Did he mean eventually lose a game of football? I’d say yes - it’s likely!

It's always like that though. I was watching the pre-match build up on Norwegian TV, the pundits really bigging us up, "in the title race", "what a job Poch has done" blah blah blah - then after the game it's the completely other end of the story, how we always bottle it, that we don't have what it takes, that we didn't buy anyone, "Poch not tactical enough", blah blah blah ... you know.

Just don't watch it or listen to it, we know the score.

Thought Burnley were excellent up front today!
A real threat to anyone. Have really improved this year.

Back