• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Dycheball***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A bit harsh.
First goal came from a phantom corner. Should never have been given. Second goal was a pig's ear for sure.

I thought Toby and Foyth were poor defending that corner as well. Foyth was all over the place today (I will put that down to inexperience), a lot seemed to get down Vertonghen's side and Toby was sub par. Aurier played poorly and Rose was very average too I thought.

I honestly thought Kane was the only player who had a pretty good game for us, I have no idea what was up with them all today. Felt for Poch, I think he would have liked to have made about 7 subs!

I thought Toby and Foyth were poor defending that corner as well. Foyth was all over the place today (I will put that down to inexperience), a lot seemed to get down Vertonghen's side and Toby was sub par. Aurier played poorly and Rose was very average too I thought.

I honestly thought Kane was the only player who had a pretty good game for us, I have no idea what was up with them all today. Felt for Poch, I think he would have liked to have made about 7 subs!

I honestly think it’s lethargy

We always struggle when we’re not playing frequently

I respectfully disagree. I’ve seen this opinion go around a bit today though. If Kane is fit, he starts. He’s a goal machine and if he was on the bench and we lost, Poch would get brick for that.

If others aren’t taking responsibility because Kane is playing, they need a kick in the hole and to look at themselves in the mirror.

For me, some of the commentary on Kane today is pure outcome based analysis that will be completely different when he smashes the rent boys and Woolwich over the next week.
Absolutely. Kane would be the first name on the teamsheet if fit.

Oh come ON! I don't think you can say they were lackadaisical! I didn't see many shirkers out there at all. What I did see was Eriksen struggle to get into the game, Winks and Sissoko both be uncharacteristically "off" and Sonny unable to find a route into his favorite spaces. Of all the matches, this was one where a fit Dier would've been great. I thought Dean let Burnley away with persistent play-breaking. I lost count of the niggly fouls designed to break up our flow, and have to say, IMO refs need to take a skipper aside and warn him to let the team know that the next player to commit one will get a card, and so on, otherwise they all do what Burnley did and take turns.

I would agree that several were off their game, but I don't think you can for one minute suggest a lack of effort at all. It was simply a bad day at the office. Emirates Marketing Project have had them too.

I am not suggesting a lack of effort ( although I would like to see the stats) but everyone playing well within their comfort zones and choosing easy options rather than take risks - for example where were the bursts by our midfielders to get beyond Kane?

Add to that the really dire delivery from our two wingbacks and our attacking application was badly blunted. We never even put in a single decent cross when Llorente came on.

In defence, Foyth was a really unsettling influence who never got to grips with their attackers.

In midfield, Eriksen and Winks were slow slow slow. No first time passes, no magical distribution- absolutely nothing from them today.

Poch didn’t help with his peculiar subs and not starting Sanchez in this game. I think his spat with Dean was more about him being upset with himself and with the team.

A bit harsh.
First goal came from a phantom corner.
First goal came from shocking play - Sissoko in midfield, nobody at right back, Foyth's flick header... just really poor play which THEN ended in the corner which then went in because Foyth didn't even challenge the ball or the striker.

First goal came from shocking play - Sissoko in midfield, nobody at right back, Foyth's flick header... just really poor play which THEN ended in the corner which then went in because Foyth didn't even challenge the ball or the striker.
You forgot to mention Alderweireld completely missing a header (again) from a corner. When the goal was scored by Wood there were 3 Spurs players in front of Wood including Foyth. Wood got to the ball ahead of all of them.

You forgot to mention Alderweireld completely missing a header (again) from a corner. When the goal was scored by Wood there were 3 Spurs players in front of Wood including Foyth. Wood got to the ball ahead of all of them.
Toby was marking someone else. Foyth was marking Wood and just let him do what he wanted i.e. head it onto his own shoulder and spawnily smoosh it just under the bar, then wheel away like he's Pele

:mad:Just calmed down enough to post on here but only to say how fvcking annoyed I am and how much my weekend has been fvcked up. Not watched any highlights, analysis or comment. Not read any of this thread, not read anything (I can only imagine what BBC's "Have Your Say" looks like :rolleyes:). I hope everyone associated with the club feels the same and keeps that feeling through to Tuesday evening. The team can then calm down and stay calm as they smash the sh!t out of those cvnts in SW6. They can then again remember how they are feeling right now until the weekend, before wiping the floor with the other tw4ts from SE18. At which point my blood pressure may return to normal:mad:

Toby was marking someone else. Foyth was marking Wood and just let him do what he wanted i.e. head it onto his own shoulder and spawnily smoosh it just under the bar, then wheel away like he's Pele
He still went up for the ball and misjudged it's flight. Yes Foyth lost his man but he is inexperienced and it wouldn't have mattered if Alderweireld makes the clearance. It's not the first time either it is a common mistake of his when defending corners.

If a sides tactic is to stop us playing football by constantly fouling us and the ref allows this to happen ..it makes football my favourite buttplug...
And the commentary justifies it by saying it is a committed performance. The moment Barnes ripped Foyth's shirt and it was a foul against Spurs I knew what was coming. There is a reason Burnley couldn't perform in Europe.

If a sides tactic is to stop us playing football by constantly fouling us and the ref allows this to happen ..it makes football my favourite buttplug...

If the team didn’t know what Burnley bring to the plate by now they were massively under prepared.

It’s always a battle with them, some of players were just not up for it and looked scared.

Last edited:
We did struggle against Burnley at home, but nonetheless this will end up being filed as one of those games we bottled when there was a tangible chance to put pressure on a title tilt.

We’ve had a few hard games recently without Kane and Alli and ‘ground out’ results. Sky couldn’t stop talking about it pre game. Once I’ve calmed down I try and take solace by looking at a wider range of games, because every team has to lose over various points of the season, even Emirates Marketing Project.

I’m not sure of the merits of a back 3 in these games, maybe when Dier is back we will see him used as an holding mid but dropping back in to give the full backs more license to push forward. Really thought Moura for Foyth was the positive move as I’m sure the very well organised Burnley defensive would have feared him more than Llorente.

There’s been lots posted about the goals we conceded, the individual performances and I just started a thread on it myself, but we still had more possession and shots than our opponents, we missed Alli who gives us something different to sons direct running and Eriksens deeper craft - the ability to take the ball on the half turn in dangerous areas and pop up as an extra option between the lines. As Eriksen was subdued and Son struggled to find space in behind we could really have done with our triple threat available.

If we are going to lose a game to a non-corner and a shouldered finish I’d rather it have been this team than any of the ones coming up. I’m worried I’m becoming completely blinkered but it did feel that this was the third or fourth blatantly inconsistent ref performance we’ve suffered from, as someone else mentioned Foyth being penalised for having his shirt ripped seemed to set the tone for what was coming up and the corner was in Dean’s clear view where the laws of physics alone made it clear what the decision should have been.

Last edited:
I doubt that i have ever been as disengaged from a match as this one. Right form the start, the football was dire. Plus, it was pretty clear that we were not up for it. You can always tell, if the tempo is too slow at he start, we play poorly. Only Rose and Kane get positive ratings and perhaps Lloris as he couldn't do much about either of the goals.

Back