• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Brighton & Hove Albion

The lack of Romero and VdV is a mitigating factor without doubt. But any 4 professional defenders should be capable of defending that.

It’s fine margins at this level. The chance doesn’t materialise if we defend the long ball properly. Admittedly we could have done more afterwards to stop it and it’s a great strike but what puts us under pressure is kamikaze defending.
They didn’t score a goal
Because of the weak centre backs
In fact Emerson who is technically poor had them going where he wanted when he was asked to dedfebd
To have 19 shots and only hit the target 3 times whilst having those attackers make the BIG defensive errors hurt us

I fully agree a ball over the top was toxic for us but they didn’t score from it which is really what matters

The lack of Romero and VdV is a mitigating factor without doubt. But any 4 professional defenders should be capable of defending that.

It’s fine margins at this level. The chance doesn’t materialise if we defend the long ball properly. Admittedly we could have done more afterwards to stop it and it’s a great strike but what puts us under pressure is kamikaze defending.
A large part of it is the lack of a leader back there and the players looking like strangers at times.
There was one passage of play when Porro and I think Davies had a player running at them and they both looked at each other not knowing who should engage the player and who should cover behind. Really need a settled defence and not changing every game.

With fresh forwards, I think you can blame them for not getting back. But Johnson, Son and Kulu have been overworked without effective subs. Ange normally rotates his forwards from about 60 mins, simply because they are expected to press, score and defend.
And he can’t or didn’t do that enough
I blame Ange for not giving Veliz more minutes or Donley for that matter
That’s on him
Be doesn’t play youngsters
But he does give Gil minutes despite his lack of anything in reality

A large part of it is the lack of a leader back there and the players looking like strangers at times.
There was one passage of play when Porro and I think Davies had a player running at them and they both looked at each other not knowing who should engage the player and who should cover behind. Really need a settled defence and not changing every game.
Which is how you win titles
The change that will happen when we play 2 centre backs will be massive

They didn’t score a goal
Because of the weak centre backs
In fact Emerson who is technically poor had them going where he wanted when he was asked to dedfebd
To have 19 shots and only hit the target 3 times whilst having those attackers make the BIG defensive errors hurt us

I fully agree a ball over the top was toxic for us but they didn’t score from it which is really what matters
They didn’t score directly from it but the corner for the third came from a very basic ball over the top that we didn’t deal with.

Think we will see him up the media pressure on Levy this week.

He's not been subtle this week.

Levy?

Nothing about our recent malaise has anything to do with him.

All of our issues come from players being stupid or not keeping themselves fit enough.

True. I daresay having even one of Romero, Van der Ven or the incoming Davinson Sanchez replacement on the pitch would have prevented some of the issues we saw so starkly

fudge, we really shouldn't have sold Sanchez, who had that on their bingo card?

the right trophies, couldn't tell you who won either domestic cup recently

yes they did, because they were playing in the CL, and that's the pinnacle of the sport
It was City they won the lot haha. But thats the only reason I can remember who won the CL. In other words if its not Spurs or a team I don't like I don't care who wins any of them. But I can say for sure that I'd rather see us win the FA Cup than take part in the CL and do nothing like United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine this season.

It was City they won the lot haha. But thats the only reason I can remember who won the CL. In other words if its not Spurs or a team I don't like I don't care who wins any of them. But I can say for sure that I'd rather see us win the FA Cup than take part in the CL and do nothing like United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine this season.

I watch Spurs, and I watch the CL

The CL is football, if you are not there you might as well not exist

They didn’t score directly from it but the corner for the third came from a very basic ball over the top that we didn’t deal with.
Corners are what they are
They can come form wicked deflection, bad luck and bad play
Brennan does his job and they don’t even get the shot there
We have the best record in the league for defending set pieces

Watching Arse-Spam now. There's just something about both sets of players being clearly identifiable out there.

Watching Arse-Spam now. There's just something about both sets of players being clearly identifiable out there.
Of course
Because they are playing generally their first 11s
And players playing in their right position if they are coming in

The decision to play full backs at centre backs is daft but brilliant too

For me.. I’d play a centre back every day of the week. I’d play one of the young lads as they will learn loads in these games

But similarly Ange knows what he wants for how we play.

And he can’t or didn’t do that enough
I blame Ange for not giving Veliz more minutes or Donley for that matter
That’s on him
Be doesn’t play youngsters
But he does give Gil minutes despite his lack of anything in reality

I don't blame Ange. We are building the right squad for his needs. He's had one transfer window! Imo he's managed Veliz just right. He's looked pretty raw in the initial games, and is settling still. He is bringing on both Gil and Veliz on because there are no other options. It is that simple.

Back