• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Brighton & Hove Albion

We didn't play well but they scored 2 penalties and 30 yard screamer. Don't see how our defending would have changed those goals (penalties were 2 dumb decisions from attacking players.)
The defending from the defenders was as good as they could do
The penalties came from attackers making mistakes and the worldie was just that

Like any player he needs a run of games, strength can be worked on but he is able to dribble a bit and has a good eye for a pass.

He has been working on his strength for the past few seasons.
When Solomon is back he will drop down the order.

Really, you're jumping on a player that came on at three nil down.
Indeed I am. He's not the only culprit but he's got a bad track record.
And hoping for him to turn the tide was futile, even though it looked like it might have been possible.
Squad/bench options need to offer more than he does.

Don’t want to be too harsh tonight. The absentee list is insane and it makes a difference. Credit to the players for sticking in there particularly Son and Deki who didn’t have good nights.

I’m not saying the tactics cost us but there were signs on the first goal and the third goal of the sorts of problems that all out attack can cause you. First goal, neither Deki or Son are even thinking about defending and their lad has the freedom of the park to take a touch, set himself and lash it in. On the third, the long straight ball over the top that undoes us to force the corner is laughable in its simplicity.

Credit to everyone for keeping on going. Credit given the absentee list (even though they are missing players too). But we’re gonna be like Trent Alexander Arnold with Ange. We’ll look fantastic, we’ll be very entertaining but in the big moments, we’ll be exposed.
They scored 2 penalties and a screamer
The pens came from attackers making poor errors in their challnges
The worldie happens…
The first goal was criminal… again form an attacker (son)
The defence is limited but didn’t fudge up in their jobs

Don’t want to be too harsh tonight. The absentee list is insane and it makes a difference. Credit to the players for sticking in there particularly Son and Deki who didn’t have good nights.

I’m not saying the tactics cost us but there were signs on the first goal and the third goal of the sorts of problems that all out attack can cause you. First goal, neither Deki or Son are even thinking about defending and their lad has the freedom of the park to take a touch, set himself and lash it in. On the third, the long straight ball over the top that undoes us to force the corner is laughable in its simplicity.

Credit to everyone for keeping on going. Credit given the absentee list (even though they are missing players too). But we’re gonna be like Trent Alexander Arnold with Ange. We’ll look fantastic, we’ll be very entertaining but in the big moments, we’ll be exposed.

you are spot on, goals 1 and 3 came either from busted defensive assignments, or tactical oversights

the first on Son, the third on either Johnson or Kulu, or possibly, the scheme that allowed players to be unmarked or unchallenged in such areas

We didn't play well but they scored 2 penalties and 30 yard screamer. Don't see how our defending would have changed those goals (penalties were 2 dumb decisions from attacking players.)
If we were defending deep or any way competently, they don’t get the corner that leads to the 30 yard screamer.

And for all that, without two daft penalties being given away, we'd not have lost.
Yes, fair point. I am not sure whether it is 'good' that two conceded goals came from stupid decisions in the penalty box (i.e. we can make better decisions and stop that happening in the future) or bad because it shows a lack of control and discipline and shouldn't be decision-making that we need to focus on improving.

Nah I`m done with that. Fit players and a couple of windows and all will be well. With the added bonus of exciting football. After selling Harry I was convinced we would be pushing it to get higher than about eighth, but at least we are exciting to watch now even when we lose. Never a dull moment as a Spurs fan eh?

I hated every minute of the game tonight.

It's too high stakes now, the result is everything, we have half a chance of regaining relevance and getting back in the CL next year, that's everything, I don't care what it looks like, I just want the points

Yes, fair point. I am not sure whether it is 'good' that two conceded goals came from stupid decisions in the penalty box (i.e. we can make better decisions and stop that happening in the future) or bad because it shows a lack of control and discipline and shouldn't be decision-making that we need to focus on improving.
It’s not the first game Liku has done the shirt pull in.. he did is last weekend
Lo Celso was desperation

defend properly and Hinshelwood is marked, Estupinian is closed down and the ball doesn't bounce around in the box and shirts don't get pulled for penalties

And they may have created 30 other chances if we defended that way. It's pointless thinking about it.
A top football team cannot be undone by a straight ball over the top. It’s borderline negligence to have that happen. You want to defend with a very high line, fair enough but you can’t be undone like that.

On a number of occasions tonight, Brighton put us in lots of bother with balls over the top.

Back