• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT EPL TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Manchester United***

Ange's pressa today he said Romero is back training with the group, but only just.
I suspect with Davies out we'll have to go with VDV at CB alongside Royal, and then see how much VDV has in the tank, with Dragusin coming on around 70mins if needed and then Romero for an emergency situation.

Can't see us subbing a cb mid game unless needed. Having someone coming in cold is a fudge up waiting to happen.

Can't see us subbing a cb mid game unless needed. Having someone coming in cold is a fudge up waiting to happen.
That'll be why I said if needed. 🤷‍♂️ Needed in this scenario being VDV not having enough in the tank to play 100 minutes.
The other option is Dragusin starting. I don't expect that to happen, but Ange has balls of steel, so don't rule anything out.

Some big decisions for Ange for this one.

Assuming VdV starts with Davies out. New partnership for him with either Royal or Dragusin unless Romero starts. Completely new CB or the now somewhat settled full back covering at CB.

Lack of options in midfield. Assuming Kulusevski and Bentancur. Then Between Skipp and Hojbjerg for the third role. But then we're also short upfront, perhaps throw Werner directly into the mix, leaves us very short of attacking options on the bench again though.

Struggled a bit lately (performances more than results), new and freshly back from injury players may not change that all that quickly. But hoping to see a boost from a bit of time between games.

yeah team fluidity is going to be a problem, we are performing in spurts not in whole games. The return of higher quality players should help on that, especially with our defence and pushing up on the opposition.

For me, even though Royal has played well. I would drop Dragusin in right away.

PEH wants to leave and whilst I think he is being a pro, there is no doubt he is not fully committed. So its Skipp for me even though he looks lost in his current position.

Our bench options will be weak again.

the irony that Scarlett comes back and get injured right away. I can only imagine what Ange thinks.

I worry Utd will target Emerson if he starts, as the least press resistant of our defenders. I guess I probably have to accept short term pain - potentially a loss - to ease one of Romero or VDV back in, but I feel they’re there for the taking, by far the worst Utd we’ll have faced in the past 10 years when we’ve actually had some reasonable success at Old Trafford.

Oh well… COYS!!!

I worry Utd will target Emerson if he starts, as the least press resistant of our defenders. I guess I probably have to accept short term pain - potentially a loss - to ease one of Romero or VDV back in, but I feel they’re there for the taking, by far the worst Utd we’ll have faced in the past 10 years when we’ve actually had some reasonable success at Old Trafford.

Oh well… COYS!!!

No chance Emerson starts for me

Won’t Radu be the most match fit CB for the game? Definite starter for me if Romero out still.
The most match fit. But the least used to the system. Completely new to the league, team and system. Emerson is also match fit.

If Romero and VdV are ready to start I think it's a pretty easy choice. Despite a lack of match fitness they know the system and their team mates. Romero hasn't been out that long.

If it's between Emerson and Dragusin I think it's a lot closer than you think. But will be fine with whatever Ange does regardless of outcome.

I suspect there are two factors at play wrt Dragusin being thrown in as a starter - firstly, are both Romero & VdV available? and secondly, has he had sufficient time on the training pitch?

If the answer to both falls his way then he's in - i don't think Royal being available would come in to the decision

Back