• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

-------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Walker------Dawson-------Chiriches-------Rose

---------Capoue------Siggy------Dembele--------

---------Lennon-----Soldado-----Eriksen

If Ade is fit would you not consider playing him?

Naaaaaaa

For the first time in years I'm considering not even watching a stream of this. I just want to check the full time result. I need to learn to deal with this better.

We'll be ok even if we lose this. It's a transition season now. :p

Yep, we're back here again. How quickly football changes.

A lot of decent players in this squad btw, very similar to when Ramos left us.

Lose and it's a transition season.

Win and we're up there with 5(6) other teams, chasing top 4.

-----------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Walker------Dawson---Chiriches-------Rose

----------Holtby-------------Eriksen-------

---Lennon----------------------------Siggy
------------------Ade----
------------------------Soldado

I have waited 15 years to get an away ticket for a Saints-Spurs game.
I have been to 3 before this, sitting on my hands, watching us lose.
I have to live amongst these part timers who actually think they have "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen".

I don't care if we have no defence, no manager, no form.
It ends Sunday.

C. O. Y. S.

Time to try something new.

.....................Lloris............................
.Walker - Jan/Kaboul/Fryers - Vlad - Rose
.............:Sandro/Dembele...................
..........Holtby/Sig - Eriksen..................
.......Lamela - Soldado - Ade................

Even textbook Timmy couldn't lose with 15 players, could he?

I will be surprised if Timmy shifts from the 442 after going with it yesterday.

-------------------------Lloris--------------------------------

Walker------Dawson-------Chiriches-------Rose

Lennon------Sandro------Dembele--------Lamela

-------------Soldado-----Ade

2-0 Soton

If Ade is fit would you not consider playing him?

I'd consider playing him on the left.

I don't think that we have a squad equipped to play 4-4-2 and I think that we will be out numbered in midfield and struggle to retain the ball against a possession side like Southampton (or anyone remotely good).

It's now got to the point where I'm actually expecting Spurs to lose their matches.

So anything we can come away with from St Mary's will be a very welcome bonus.

It's now got to the point where I'm actually expecting Spurs to lose their matches.

So anything we can come away with from St Mary's will be a very welcome bonus.

It's nuts. I'd say it was 2008 since I last felt like that, these really were the glory days :(

We need to find some fluency and consistency right now. An almost impossible task without a new manager. Thinking a about it from a psychological view how hard is it for the players to not know whether they are in or out in the next game or who the player standing next to them is going to be or whether they even have a future for the club. Playing well in a game under Sherwood may count for nothing.

It's looking increasingly difficult to imagine coming away from Southampton with anything right now. That's just common sense telling me this. I'd love to say we need to start playing the formation and personnel that we intend to persist with now but even this is a bit of my favourite buttplug with an interim manager.

We lack leadership big time. Last year we at least had Dawson, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dempsey, Scott Parker even Gallas at times. And bale was our talisman. We looked to him and he was a leader on that front. Now if we go down who do we look to to rescue the game.

Play the players right now who might win us this game in a one off. Who has broad shoulders, fearless and play to win. Whose on form. Who is chomping at the bit.

-------------- Lloris----------------- (Is he any less calamity then Gomes?)
Walker -- Daws -- Chriches --Rose
-----Sandro(Paulinho)--Dembele---
---Lamela----Eriksen-----Adebayor
----------------Soldado--------------

Build off a solid base that worked last year (hopefully Sandro and Dembele)

I want that trio of Lamela Eriksen and Ade to be fluid. Switch float cause mayhem. Sandro and Dembele would have a big role to play to cover and sit.

This needs to be a snatch and grab in all honesty

I'd consider playing him on the left.

I don't think that we have a squad equipped to play 4-4-2 and I think that we will be out numbered in midfield and struggle to retain the ball against a possession side like Southampton (or anyone remotely good).

Agreed. I don't think this is a good game to play 4-4-2.

On the other hand Ade on the pitch would be good, I expect Southampton to put a lot of pressure on us and force us into playing it long. As we've seen this season and yesterday our midfield isn't capable of playing through pressure like that at this point. Having someone to aim long balls towards could be very helpful. Playing him on the left seems like a decent idea.

Assuming that the injured players remain injured:

-----------------Lloris--------------
Walker---Dawson---Chiriches---Rose
---------------Capoue--------------
-----------Eriksen--Dembele--------
Lennon-------------------------Ade
--------------Soldado--------------

Arguably Holtby for Eriksen makes sense. I won't mind Chadli for Ade either.

Back