• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMG I hate this world. What has it come to..

I regularly pick my family members up at North Greenwich station and see the type of people who go to the events there, almost half of them are "tired and emotional" and I would imagine an evening with them as hellish. Allowing people who have been drinking for over 2 hours into the performing area with more alcohol is just asking for trouble, I suppose that's why it's banned at football.

The thing is not about drinking for over 2 hours it is how much you drink.

Im going to a party tonight a football themed one cos we are watching dortmund versus munich at 5.30 and finishing with a.madrid at 9. I imagine we will be drinking all night and i will have a good amount of scotch maybe a bottle, but if you drink it slowly over 5 hours it does not have an effect on you.

Will not be driving home or anything but wont spill anything on anyone. The moral of the story in the original post is if you can not hold your drink don't drink so much, and the guy has shocking taste in music.

GGG; on a serious note - this is the second time I've seen you post about 'looking cool' - the other was in the smoking thread (stating smoking made you look or feel cool). You seem to put a lot of emphasis on this. Fella be happy with your real persona rather than trying to give off a (IMO) dated impression of what 'cool' was.

humphrey-bogart.jpg

:D

TBH in relation to the night, my sympathies are with the girls - fortunately for you it wasn't some bloke who would have taken action into his own hands...

We had a close escape ladt Friday. Went to see Milton Jones in Rhyl. We sat at the end of a row just before it starts this girl falls on the stairs next to my seat. Thinking see just fell I offered help, but her bf said its alright she's just had a few.
Looking to our right I see the 2 empty seats and think the worst, as it happened they sat 10/11 seats to our left, spilling their ale on people as they navigate their way through.
For the full performance they hardly shut up, especially the woman. (You could see the couple next to them downbeat and looked like it spoilt their night), but on the plus-side, they didnt half get some stick off Milton, he had a response for everything, even when it threatened to get a bit too much.
Still surprised security didnt have a quiet word though

Drinking has a major effect on the way people behave. I have been a heavy drinker in my day and had enough self awareness to know that is a fact, no matter how slowly you drink it. That's why most of us drink, to loosen us up a bit, trouble is people don't seem to understand there are consequences to their actions and the "I couldn't give a f***" syndrome kicks in. It's probably my age but I can't stand to see a drunken woman they appear to have no self respect.

Bullet. Don't call me a Cnut. It's not on. I have banter. If it's banter then great. But please done call me that if you actually think I am one

I didn't, I called you four asterisks; you chose which swear word it was. It could have been twit, fool or Mary.

I regularly pick my family members up at North Greenwich station and see the type of people who go to the events there, almost half of them are "tired and emotional" and I would imagine an evening with them as hellish. Allowing people who have been drinking for over 2 hours into the performing area with more alcohol is just asking for trouble, I suppose that's why it's banned at football.

To be fair, who wouldn't need a skinfull to sit through a Bruno Mars concert?

He's the one on Mock the Week right? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

He's the one. Wears bright/Hawaiian shirts, weird hair. Bangs out a load of one-liners. Saw him on the COmedy Roadshow and thought if he is on anywhere local, we'll have to go and see him.

Next up is Jason Manford, he's coming to Warrington in December. Not everyones cup of tea, but its a night out

Back