• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

It was based on a book that the 80s series was based on.

The book was based on historical events and people.

The english guy was an actual person as were the japanese.

I've read the books in Clavell's Asian Saga and remember the 80's TV series with Richard Chamberlain as the lead, was a good show.

Really?

I’m completely distracted by the leading ladies.

They are nice.

Obviously there might be spoilers if you watch these. Even if the show itself is fictional.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrh
My daughter is in the post-production part of the movie making biz and knows her stuff. Recommended the TV series The Bear to us. Gourmet chef comes home to Chicago to run his deceased brother's locally famous but struggling restaurant. Great cast, intriguing plot.

Quite enjoyed it so far (into the middle of season two). Seasons three and four being filmed now. They missed a trick in not using Steely Dan's lost-but-found track aptly named 'The Bear' as theme music:

Last edited:
My daughter is in the post-production part of the movie making biz and knows her stuff. Recommended the TV series The Bear. Gourmet chef comes home to Chicago to run his deceased brother's locally famous but struggling restaurant. Great cast, intriguing plot.

Quite enjoyed it so far (into the middle of season two). Seasons three and four being filmed now.
Fantastic watch, unlike most American shows it really tries to capture authenticity and reality. Season 2 doesn't drop in quality either. It was only supposed to be a one-off thing, but popularity forced follow up seasons.

Yeah. Word is they shot enough episodes for two further seasons in order to keep the cast together. I think Anthony Bourdain would have enjoyed this series.

Reactions: jrh
My daughter is in the post-production part of the movie making biz and knows her stuff. Recommended the TV series The Bear to us. Gourmet chef comes home to Chicago to run his deceased brother's locally famous but struggling restaurant. Great cast, intriguing plot.

Quite enjoyed it so far (into the middle of season two). Seasons three and four being filmed now. They missed a trick in not using Steely Dan's lost-but-found track aptly named 'The Bear' as theme music:

Best show on TV right now

Certainly leaves me, ahem, hungry for more.
tEEdq58.gif

Lucky you if you still have the episodes “Fishes” and “Forks” to look forward to.

Yeah it’s the best thing on tv right now. Somehow it’s not got a massive audience over here in the uk. If it was on Netflix instead of Disney + I bet more people would watch purely because more people have Netflix. Disney +, FX and HBO far and way the best content, Netflix is quantity over quality. Season 2 of The Bear is a who’s who of cameos.

Yeah it’s the best thing on tv right now. Somehow it’s not got a massive audience over here in the uk. If it was on Netflix instead of Disney + I bet more people would watch purely because more people have Netflix. Disney +, FX and HBO far and way the best content, Netflix is quantity over quality. Season 2 of The Bear is a who’s who of cameos.
I’d argue apple has the highest quality but the lowest quantity
And I agree Netflix will put anything on
The bear is the brilliant

Back