• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

I finished watching season 6 of Dexter last night. After the lame conclusion to season 5, which I had otherwise found entertaining for the most part, I was hoping for a return to form for the show but thought this whole season was probably the weakest so far with too many daft plot devices.

Best to worst Dexter seasons imho: S1 > S4 > S2 > S5 > S3 > S6

I finished watching season 6 of Dexter last night. After the lame conclusion to season 5, which I had otherwise found entertaining for the most part, I was hoping for a return to form for the show but thought this whole season was probably the weakest so far with too many daft plot devices.

Best to worst Dexter seasons imho: S1 > S4 > S2 > S5 > S3 > S6

Season 7 was very good and season 8 has been awesome so far so stick with it.

i finished watching season 6 of dexter last night. After the lame conclusion to season 5, which i had otherwise found entertaining for the most part, i was hoping for a return to form for the show but thought this whole season was probably the weakest so far with too many daft plot devices.

Best to worst dexter seasons imho: S1 > s4 > s2 > s5 > s3 > s6

s4 > s2 > s1 > s3 > s7 > s5 > s6

You watched Dexter yet?

You've also not let me know if you managed to book that time off.

I texted you this morning dingdonghead ;)

Not watched Dexter, got the rest of the wire, the sopranos and breaking bad to watch higher on my list at the moment, might watch it at some point though

I texted you this morning dingdonghead ;)

Not watched Dexter, got the rest of the wire, the sopranos and breaking bad to watch higher on my list at the moment, might watch it at some point though

I own like seasons 1-6 of Dexter, so just let me know and you can borrow.

Oh, my phone is all the way upstairs. fudge that.

Eventually got round to watching Banshee the other day. Good brain set in neutral fun with some great characters. Seeing a couple of guys from the Wire in it with totally different roles was cool. The albino psycho from ep6 is probably one of the best tv nutters I've seen in a long time which includes a massive WTF fight scene. Also a nice percentage of tits and fanny in most episodes which is always a plus in my book.

s4 > s2 > s1 > s3 > s7 > s5 > s6

s4 > s2 > s1 > s7 > s3 > s6 > s5

Good to know that Dexter gets better after seasons 5 & 6 then, appears that almost every fan of the show prefers 1, 2 and 4 to the other seasons judging by the various sites I've looked at. Maybe the fact that the actors who play the roles of Dexter and Debra were going through a divorce at the time had something to do with how poorly seasons 5 & 6 turned out.

The Wire and The Sopranos, along with Deadwood and The Shield, stand head and shoulders above any other TV show I've watched; although Boardwalk Empire might join that very top tier but I'm only halfway through season 2 currently. Breaking Bad and Dexter both very good but not quite in the same class imho.

i am really going to miss Dexter...met him & his missus/sister on the tube some years back. really nice couple.

Good to know that Dexter gets better after seasons 5 & 6 then, appears that almost every fan of the show prefers 1, 2 and 4 to the other seasons judging by the various sites I've looked at. Maybe the fact that the actors who play the roles of Dexter and Debra were going through a divorce at the time had something to do with how poorly seasons 5 & 6 turned out.

The Wire and The Sopranos, along with Deadwood and The Shield, stand head and shoulders above any other TV show I've watched; although Boardwalk Empire might join that very top tier but I'm only halfway through season 2 currently. Breaking Bad and Dexter both very good but not quite in the same class imho.

Hmm, personally I don't really think their divorce had a lot to do with it tbh. If anything, Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) has done her best work in seasons 7 and 8. And Michael C Hall has been fantastic in every episode. There's no doubt the addition of John Lithgow in season 4 was huge, his performance was phenomal and it raised the quality of the show. Season 1 was just so great because it was such a unique concept for a tv show i.e. rooting for a serial killer, and season 2 was awesome because it upped the ante with the tension between Dexter and Doakes.

Season 5 is actually quite underrated, but it followed season 4 which was by far the best season, it was never going to top it.

Season 6 was a complete mess, the writing was horrible and the villain wasn't particularly good.

Everyone loved season four?

That surprises me.. was one of the seasons i was least a fan of.. not seen 7 and 8 yet though.

Thought they did season two far too early though, it could have felt a lot more personal later on when you knew the people..

Hmm, personally I don't really think their divorce had a lot to do with it tbh. If anything, Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) has done her best work in seasons 7 and 8. And Michael C Hall has been fantastic in every episode. There's no doubt the addition of John Lithgow in season 4 was huge, his performance was phenomal and it raised the quality of the show. Season 1 was just so great because it was such a unique concept for a tv show i.e. rooting for a serial killer, and season 2 was awesome because it upped the ante with the tension between Dexter and Doakes.

Season 5 is actually quite underrated, but it followed season 4 which was by far the best season, it was never going to top it.

Season 6 was a complete mess, the writing was horrible and the villain wasn't particularly good.

Perhaps the fact that the divorce was finalised just before they started filming season 7 is why Carpenter has felt the need to up her game during the final 2 seasons plus I see that Debra might be getting her own spinoff show!

Although I've read that some of Dexter' executive producers & writing team left at the end of season 4 which probably explains why the show went a bit downhill for the next 2 seasons, just like how The West Wing took a while to recover from Sorkin' departure.

I did enjoy season 5 up till the finale which was was a complete anti-climax compared to every other season I've watched so far.

Everyone loved season four?

That surprises me.. was one of the seasons i was least a fan of.. not seen 7 and 8 yet though.

Thought they did season two far too early though, it could have felt a lot more personal later on when you knew the people..

Lithgow' portrayal of Trinity was excellent but there were a few silly plot devices during the season which is why I prefer s1 over all.

Agreed that the Doakes' storyline would've had much more impact if it was held back a few seasons and I'd have preferred to see more of his character than that annoying taco Quinn.

controversial? that's common knowledge.

1360594157044.gif

Back