• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Guy in my class at college was the captain of a university challenge team last night. Literally only met him on Friday. Nice fella, is doing a Masters in Planetary Science at UCL and he is doing one of the modules alongside me at Birkbeck.

They won the round on a tie-break.

How did you get on? I find that impossible!
We got to the final quite convincingly in our first show but did not get a Pointless answer to win the money. However, we can console ourselves with the coveted Pointless trophies.
The categories in the last round went up in difficulty a few stages, shall we say! When they were revealed I did say to Stephen that, as a fellow Spurs fan, he'll know that I am used to disappointment and dashed hopes.

I was a little miffed to see, two shows later, a team win the jackpot merely by naming US Presidents.

We got to the final quite convincingly in our first show but did not get a Pointless answer to win the money. However, we can console ourselves with the coveted Pointless trophies.
The categories in the last round went up in difficulty a few stages, shall we say! When they were revealed I did say to Stephen that, as a fellow Spurs fan, he'll know that I am used to disappointment and dashed hopes.

I was a little miffed to see, two shows later, a team win the jackpot merely by naming US Presidents.

Don’t think I have ever got a pointless answer. My parents watch it so they would have been shouting at you.

Don’t think I have ever got a pointless answer. My parents watch it so they would have been shouting at you.

My wife and I did get three between us on our show. Just not in the last part.
Our options were Wales, McCartney albums, The Duke of Wellington, or 2020 cricket in the 20/21 season (or something like that).

We chose 'Wales' as our category. I was hoping for some Welsh footballer question and had Chris Gunter and a couple others as ready answers. No such luck.
We had to give:
Welsh kings/princes between 843 and 1283
Cast members of the National Theatre production of Under Milk Wood
Secretaries of State for Wales

Annoyingly, a couple of the pointless politicians did come to mind after the minute was up.

My wife and I did get three between us on our show. Just not in the last part.
Our options were Wales, McCartney albums, The Duke of Wellington, or 2020 cricket in the 20/21 season (or something like that).

We chose 'Wales' as our category. I was hoping for some Welsh footballer question and had Chris Gunter and a couple others as ready answers. No such luck.
We had to give:

Annoyingly, a couple of the pointless politicians did come to mind after the minute was up.

“Prince of Wales”?

We had to give:
Blimey. Unless John "Mime Artist" Redwood was pointless (I mean, he is, but you know), I'd have been brick out of luck.

Bloody hell Josh, those are tough categories! No wonder you didn't win.
Post the clip on here when it comes out.

Well done. You are most handsome and intelligent.
Although I particularly enjoyed the part when they first turned to you and you were absolutely bricking it; at that moment, you were as articulate as I would be on TV :D
You were robbed.
I had such a dry throat and knew exactly what'd happen when asked to speak

After hearing about the bear on here i gave it a go. Watched the first 3 episodes and thought it was very good. Very well acted and filmed. Not sure i can watch anymore though. You see them go through the stress and chaos and have a hope that it will soon turn around. If it was a film it could, but a series? No, whatever ups they have there will be a down. For any bonds they create there will be friction created, it's the nature of the show.

Really good show but not sure i'm in the mood for it.

Back