• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Netflix has a cool documentary series called We Are The Champions. About people who participate in obscure sports or competitions. Stuff like cheese rolling, yo-yo, frog jumping, dog dancing and more. Well shot and humorously narrated and presented.
I saw the first one, why the cheese rolling isn’t televised every year is beyond me!

I kinda like that it remains slightly obscure so that the characters who participate in it are somewhat cult figures that shows like this can reveal to a wider audience. Keeps it real.

Been recommended a new series on the iPlayer called Industry.

Meant to be a cross between Succession and Skins. Directed by Lena Dunham the girl from Girls, and she's certainly a talented lady.

Episode 1 is up now.
Did you watch it all?
I really liked it
My wife got out off by the gay sex

Ive watched the first two. Thought the second one was a bit chaotic but i guess they're just developing the characters.

It looks like it may end up being something like This is Life the brilliant series from the mid 90,s (which i assume would have stood the test of time if watched now)
It was just like This life but with more work place focus

What I did watch tonight was Small Axe - Mangrove. It's all about racial tensions in Notting hill in the late 60's.

I think Steve McQueen has directed 5or6 of these 'films' for the BBC ...they're on the iPlayer. This was the first

Very Much recommended...strong acting, and nicely shot.

What I did watch tonight was Small Axe - Mangrove. It's all about racial tensions in Notting hill in the late 60's.

I think Steve McQueen has directed 5or6 of these 'films' for the BBC ...they're on the iPlayer. This was the first

Very Much recommended...strong acting, and nicely shot.
Mangrove is great
The next one is bland
The most recent one red, white and blue could have been brilliant but it ended in a strange place
To me the way he does his films is great but these feel like they have been cut off early

Mangrove is great
The next one is bland
The most recent one red, white and blue could have been brilliant but it ended in a strange place
To me the way he does his films is great but these feel like they have been cut off early
Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll still give the others a try though.

Back