• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

Loving The Queen's Gambit on Netflix, very good

Thursday Season 4 of The Crown starts the Diana and Thatcher era

I’ve blasted through the first five episodes in two nights, it’s really enjoyable. I like chess but this is rarely about the actual moves of the game strangely, unless it’s just going over my head.

Watched two episodes of Queens Gambit. It's great. So much generic bricky TV shows out there, this one ain't!

Been recommended a new series on the iPlayer called Industry.

Meant to be a cross between Succession and Skins. Directed by Lena Dunham the girl from Girls, and she's certainly a talented lady.

Episode 1 is up now.

I have been watching Twin Peaks the last few weeks, having never seen it before, last episode of the most recent series queued up for this evening and then I'll have to watch a load of explanation videos on YT to help piece it altogether.

It's been a hell of a journey

Really enjoyed Queen's Gambit. Hat's off to the cinematography and lighting crews who made some incredibly beautiful images in every episode.

Didja's know that a lot of the series was shot right here in Her Majesty's Timbered Dominion? The house used to portray her family home in Kentucky is about 45 minutes west of Toronto, in Cambridge.

Fingers crossed the new documentary on Frank Zappa will be a good one. I'm listening to One Size Fits All (side B) as I type this... "I-i-i-ich bin hier, und du bist mein sofaaaa!"

Been recommended a new series on the iPlayer called Industry.

Meant to be a cross between Succession and Skins. Directed by Lena Dunham the girl from Girls, and she's certainly a talented lady.

Episode 1 is up now.
Watched the first 3 lastnight it's good isn't it
I like the dark haired graduate, she is hot, lovely tittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttties

I have been watching Twin Peaks the last few weeks, having never seen it before, last episode of the most recent series queued up for this evening and then I'll have to watch a load of explanation videos on YT to help piece it altogether.

It's been a hell of a journey

Did you start with the original series?

Watched the first 3 lastnight it's good isn't it
I like the dark haired graduate, she is hot, lovely tittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttties
Ive watched the first two. Thought the second one was a bit chaotic but i guess they're just developing the characters.

It looks like it may end up being something like This is Life the brilliant series from the mid 90,s (which i assume would have stood the test of time if watched now)

Last edited:
I love the first TV series. I haven't seen Fire Walk With Me since it was released. I tried the new series and wasn't too keen, is it worth persevering with?

I would say yes, but only if you're prepared to jump fully in to it.

You've probably got a fair idea of what to expect if you've already seen the first series - though tonally the third series is closer to the movie.

2nd series gets a bit of flak as Lynch walked away once the studio forced them to resolve the Laura Palmer killer story arch earlier than he wanted (less than half way through the series) he returns to towards the end to close it out.

I would say yes, but only if you're prepared to jump fully in to it.

You've probably got a fair idea of what to expect if you've already seen the first series - though tonally the third series is closer to the movie.

2nd series gets a bit of flak as Lynch walked away once the studio forced them to resolve the Laura Palmer killer story arch earlier than he wanted (less than half way through the series) he returns to towards the end to close it out.

I like Lynch. I love the first series and think that the quality drops off each iteration from there. I am less sure on the newest series because I've only seen two or three.

I like Lynch. I love the first series and think that the quality drops off each iteration from there. I am less sure on the newest series because I've only seen two or three.

This is my first Lynch viewing experience.

From what i understand he bailed on the 2nd series after pressure from the producers to resolve the Laura Palmers killer arc - he was involved up until about episode 8 (?) Of the 2nd series and then was back for the final 3 episodes. The 10 or so episodes inbetween had a noticeably different feel to them (though i enjoyed them all the same)

*you probably already knew that*

Having watched a fairly extensive (4.5 hours...) explanation video that focuses on the Lynch side of the Twin Peaks story I'd recommend you finding the time to watch it if you're a fan of his work

Back